Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

4.2

I LOVE THIS PERFUME. This perfume is the perfect combination of fruity and sweet and the scent lasts a while on my skin unlike other perfumes I have tried. I highly recommend it!

on 10/6/2013 2:30:00 PM

I like this scent because it is very sweet with just a hint of citrus. It is in no way overwhelming. I think it is a great daytime scent. One criticism is that it is not particularly long-lasting. I would repurchase.

on 2/23/2011 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this scent, and so does everyone else who catches a wiff of it. it is kind of a sweet, crisp, citrusy and spicy sent all rolled up into one. the vanilla lends the sweetness, the grafruit a clean citrus smell, and the cedarwood a musky warm smell. i find it wears well. i can still smell it on my skin at the end of the day easily. i have this and the coconut versions. yumm

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ohhh wow.. this stuff is amazing...
When I first tried this on the grapefruit was overpowering and really wasnt sure if I was going to like it.. so i kept walking around Sephora and after it settled I went back to smell my wrist.. holy moly.. what a delish smell.. with my chemistry my body naturally put the vanilla as the front line smell and then you get the outline of a citrus.. completly unexpected.
I had to buy it.. I also tried on the vanilla passion fruit but that did not last long on me.. it did smell great.. but the wear on my skin wasnt very long.. I guess this was just the one meant for me.

So far.. everyone I have come in contact has told me how delish i smell and that its not too powerful but enough to grab attention ... YAY!

on 11/11/2010 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the smell of this fresh scent. Both sweet and fruity zest. The rollerball bottle is handy for keeping in my purse as its perfect travel size. I bought this from Sephora, and it has been one of my favorite perfumes for the last few yrs now. Its not sold in dept. stores, I have only seen it in Sephora in Canada, so its not too popular yet. Thank goodness. I hate wearing the same scent as everyone else and their dog - like Ralph or CK.

on 12/10/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adored this fragrance when I used the tester in the store. I am very particular about perfume so I gave it a "test drive" (spraying it on myself and then seeing how it would interact with the oils on my skin during an 8-10 hour period) at least three times. The fragrance, from the tester, has a gentle, citrus-y sharpness of grapefruit peel and then mellows out to the smell of good-quality vanilla waffers--that is, until I finally purchased a bottle for myself.

There must be some inconsistency between how the tester is stored and how the non-tester bottles are stored because, like other reviewers have noted, the bottle I purchased smelled terrible--as in, one-dollar hooker/ old woman/ ammonia-BO. I kept my bottle away from bright light and extreme temperature fluctuations, but the perfume already stank from the moment I opened it. I guess doing fragrance the "natural" way makes it more vulnerable to going bad. AVOID at all costs. BTW, if you really love this fragrance, I found that it tends to smell better if you keep the bottle cap off the bottle and expose the spray nozzle to some oxygen.

on 12/23/2008 4:59:00 PM

Oh no!! I bought this (2 bottles!) without sniffing because I recently got the Vanilla Spice and really liked it. I love grapefruit too so I figured this was a sure bet. Oh and throw in "natural" and how could this go wrong, right? Yeah, well so much for that. I sprayed this on about a hour ago and have a raging headache and feel sick to my stomach. What the heck?! I don't understand this? I think it's the vanilla. It is VERY strong in this version (vs. the Vanilla Spice) I get very little grapefruit. Oh well. Guess I'll be putting these up for swap or giving them away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this perfume. I decided to try it out after watching a Sephora Beauty hour on HSN. Since it was the small roll-on, and it was much less than the $56 for the regular size bottle, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to try it. I'M SO HAPPY I DID!! One of the things I miss most is not being able to wear perfume any longer (chemical sensitivity). Many of the "natural" perfume oils caused me grief as well. Not only do I love the smell of this product but I haven't had any adverse reactions to it!! As for the smell, it has the sweetness of grapefruit but the smoothness of vanilla. If you're familiar with The Body Shop's Vanilla products, imagine this rich smooth smell (make's me want a vanilla latte) with the sweet smell of a ruby red grapefruit. If you're a person who craves more of a floral scent then this may not be the item for you. If you're a person who enjoys the smell of citrus, vanilla, mild sandlewood (think cruise to islands type of smells) then you will like this item. I'm def planning on sampling the other scents. I really hope they add more to the line.EDIT: My friend liked the way this smelled on me so she decided to get one herself. IT DOES NOT SMELL THE SAME ON HER!! It's the weirdest thing. I'm inclined to believe that body chemistry plays a HUGH part in how this smells on people. On me it smells identical to the way it smells from the bottle. On her, it only smells like vanilla! No grapefruit at all! I don't know if it has to do with our diets or what (she's a smoker and drinks and eats EVERYTHING/ANYTHING. I'm the complete opposite). This is definitely one that I would suggest people try out for a couple of days first.

on 11/25/2007 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i'm not really a fan of perfume or vanilla for that matter, but i really wanted to try this ever since i read about on sephora. something about the scent really grew on me. i liked it enough to purchase a bottle, but now i'm addicted to it.

YUMMY!!!! This smells so delicious. Everytime I wear this people shower me with compliments. I swear I smell like a cupcake. It's very sweet and light. The grapefruit really softens the warmth in the vanilla. It lasts all day long, too!!!