Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

Love this!

I got a sample and did buy a bottle when it ran out. Long lasting, sweet vanilla but the grapefruit adds a bit of freshness to it. it doesn't appear to be to foody. Just leaves a warm scent, little goes a long way so be careful.

on 1/14/2014 2:00:00 AM

This is my favourite perfume - I have the rollerball one, as I only like to wear a bit of perfume on certain spots (inside of wrists, behind ears, neck). It smells sweet without being too overpowering and is good for everyday use.

on 12/2/2013 9:43:00 AM

This is one of the nicest feel-good fragrances. On one hand you have the real perfurmes, with all their complexity and sofistication and on the other hand you have these nice fragrances which, without pretending to be equal to their more complex sisters, actually beat some of them on many counts. I can name a very long list of latest commercial releases by big houses which are so much boring, non-descript and such a common soup of fruits and flowers that can't even stir in you half of the comfortable feeling that you have when smelling this one. It's not No 19, or Black, it does not pretend to be any, and it's just there to be worn the same way as your Uggs : they are definitely not the most elegant pair of boots in your closet, but they are damn comfortable and cozy when getting out in a cold winter weekend !

I'd like to repurchase this as it is a very nice sweet scent but it is way out of a decent price range for me.
Also to add I have a knock off version of Thierry Mugler Angel and this smells similar. Vanilla Grapefruit has a more vanilla smell (sweet) and Angel has a bit more of a nut smell (sharp). Over all if I could get a knock off of this then fine I would purchase that. But seriously $58 for 1.7oz is a bit ridiculous for perfume.

I really like this. I notice that on my sister, the vanilla note seems to be stronger. But on me, it's definitely more citrus smelling. It seems to vary from person to person, so you definitely might want to try it before you order it.

I do like that it's not too sweet. I love vanilla, but sometimes scents with vanilla can come across as really young and too sweet. This is not too young, but not too mature either---and it's not overpowering, so it is a perfect everyday scent. I notice some of the criticism in the reviews is that it's not long lasting. It really was long lasting to me, but maybe I'm just extra sensitive to scents.

I like that the ingredients here are more "friendly" and less chemical----my skin is super sensitive, so I didn't have any problem with my skin reacting badly to it.

on 10/16/2013 11:32:00 PM

Vanilla Grapefruit is AMAZING!! I am seriously so obsessed with this perfume, I can't stop inhaling it!! It is such an addictive, gorgeous scent!! If you love vanilla and sweet fruity scents, you will LOVE this!! The grapefruit in it makes it citrusy and prevents it from being too candy floss, teenybopper sweet. It really stands out - I get so many compliments on this perfume! I think it's so much better than any department store perfumes - it is so fresh and unique!! It has the qualities of a high end niche perfume, and another plus is that the ingredients are all natural. You can get a roller ball (they make an oil roller ball now, too!) to try it out. Lavanilla Vanilla Grapefruit is 1 of my all time favorite perfumes ever - the 1 negative is that it doesn't last very long at all, so I took 1 lippie off bc I have to keep allying it. Hopefully they will make a more concentrated version 1 day!

on 4/25/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I love the scent of vanilla, but some perfumes just take it too far. I don't like smelling like a car freshener or like a cookie. That's where Lavanilla comes in. All of their scents are natural, clean, and very intimate. I love the vanilla grapefruit. It is my favorite Lavanilla scent. it is sweet with just the right amount of citrus. It smells very clean rather than a foody scent. It's all natural so I don't have to worry about allergic reactions. It's a little pricey, but IMHO it's totally worth it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE Vanilla Grapefruit! :-D Got it as a Christmas gift after loving it in Urban Outfitters months before. I do have to say it is strong the first 10 or so minutes of wearing it, but nothing bad. Just a LOT of grapefruit. But if you stick it out, it fades into the vanilla, and the longer you wear it, the vanilla becomes the prominent note. The vanilla isn't too sweet at all...in fact, it smells like you rubbed vanilla extract on you! Very real and not at all fake, which I love. The best part is, after reapplying it once yesterday, I thought the smell was gone-turned out that my nose had just stopped smelling it. When I woke up in the middle of the night, it was on me and filled the air pocket under my covers! I've never enjoyed breaking my sleep cycle so much! Pure vanilla goodness! Though you might have to put more on, it does last a while..about 14 hours for me,yesterday. And I hade no rollerball problems, the parfum came out easily. Get the rollerball if you're unsure, like I did, and go from there. The fragrance and healthy ingredients definitely make it a great way to spend $19!

Yummmmm :)

I love this perfume, along with all the other Lavanila fragrances. I have them all in the rollerball kind. When I first smelt the vanilla grapefruit, I wasn't in love with it, but I tried it on my wrist at sephora anyways and after a while I went to smell my wrist again and it had this new beautiful fragrance to it! A very nice vanilla/fruity scent that was hidden when I first smelt it out of the bottle and fresh on my skin. I knew I had to have it!

Price isn't to bad, and it's lasted me a while as I only wear it maybe 3 times a week.

I give it only 4 stars instead of 5 for 2 reasons:
- I'm not a huge fan of the smell it starts out as for the first 10 minutes that you wear it. It's not a bad smell, it's just not for me. and during this 10 minutes it's also way to strong. One time when my friend was picking me up, I had applied it just to my wrists a minute before getting in his car, and he noticed it right away and didn't like how strongly it smelt. But after a while the smell and strongest fades away and leaves a really pretty subtle scent.
- Packaging isn't awesome. It's just your average looking rollerball perfume, but I noticed about a month after I bought it the perfume started to come out faster then before, so now I have to be careful when I apply it to make sure it doesn't leak to much.

Will be buying again :)

I lovelovelove this smell. It is the best blend of sweet/citrus. The only reason that I would not repurchase, and also the reason that it got three stars, it because it does not have lasting power. I cannot smell this at the end of the day, and I put A LOT on in the morning. I know this is probably because it is natural, but I just need something that I don't have to carry around in my purse to refresh. :(

Popular Fragrances