Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

3.9

on 11/23/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

After reading the reviews, I'm left puzzled and wondering if my sniffer is broken. I bought this online, unsniffed after reading the raves. It smells like dirt. Kind of like dirt and patchouli. I thought maybe I got a bad bottle, so I bought a roller ball one too, and it's the same. :( Very strange.

I own the large bottle of this and while I do not normally like the smell of grapefruit, this one dries down to a soft sweet vanilla with just a little hint of grapefruit. The staying power is really good as well.

on 6/8/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I totally agree with Satsuma's review. When you smell the nozzle of this perfume it is divine with stronger grapefruit than vanilla. When worn the grapefruit completely disappears and this overly sweet vanilla scent comes off which smells like 5 year old Barbie perfume. This is coming form a lover of sweet scents (Paris Hilton, Ralph, etc) but its just too 1 dimensional. If grapefruit is what you are looking for I suggest YSL Babydoll or Paris Hilton.

I got this perfume a few months ago with the voucher from my scent sampler. I already knew pretty much that this was the one I wanted before I even got the sampler, but I couldn't resist all those little perfumes and the fact that it was $4 cheaper than just outright buying the perfume. Anyway...I love this. It manages to smell just like vanilla and grapefruit, yet unlike either together. It doesn't scream to me vanilla or grapefruit, just 'wow, I smell good' My boyfriend even commented how much he liked this on me. It lasts a very long time, too. All in all, one of my favorite perfumes (well, this year at least)

on 8/14/2008 9:56:00 PM

Smells like cupcakes! tons of compliments and it lasts!

on 4/19/2008 11:24:00 PM

I'm not sure what happened here...I was at Sephora and sprayed this on a sample card and could NOT STOP smelling it! I thought about it for weeks and was finally like "I must have this!" The second it came in the mail, I excitedly sprayed it on....at first spray it smells like a cheap body splash, that I could have gotten for much less at Bath and Body works. It does smell better after the drydown but not good enough to warrant a $56 price tag. Worst of all I bought it from beauty.com who don't accept returns for any reason, like Sephora. I'll stick with the plain 'ol vanilla one...mmmm

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!! I am a vanilla fragrance whore. I can't get enough vanilla perfume so I am always buying new ones. Ever since I got the rollerball of this, I stopped trying new ones. I went out and bought the full size bottle and ordered the body butter! I am in love. It smells like something very very familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. The scent is very sweet, but not too sweet thanks to the engergetic smell of grapefruit. Perfect balance here! I find it a very comforting and very feminine scent. I get complimented all time on this one and a coworker always asks if I brought my Lavanila with me! I already need to replace the rollerball, but they are all sold out!! :( Being a big time health/natural freak that I am (I even work in a healthfood store!) I loveeee how this stuff is all natural and even contains anti-oxidants! So it fits in with every other product that I own! :)
I highly recommend this (or maybe I'll keep it my little secret..all mine!! lol) Perfect product for me, this is 100% my HG! Can't live without it!

I'm working my way through a sample from Sephora and I think I like it. When this came out and I tried it in the store, I really thought this smelled horribly like bugspray - I was so disappointed!
I love grapefruit and I like the idea of vanilla, so I tried it again, with better results. This smells fresh at first, very bright grapefruit. On me it dries down to a mix of bergamont, cedar and vanilla - a nice combination that isn't too sweet. I'll give this sample a try and will probably invest in a full-size bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This scent is very interesting. It reminds me a bit of Shalimar for some reason, but much sweeter.

I know that's strange. Probably the Bergamot and Vanilla combo.
Anyway. LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit starts out with quite a bit of sweet grapefruit when first applied; the vanilla kicks in rather quickly, giving way to a not overly complex, but simply beautiful, scent.

It is all at once a thick, sweet, citrus, and gourmand vanilla.
My husband rather liked it, and I, not normally being a big fan of grapefruit, am surprised that I think this is going to be a favourite eventually. It only gets 4 lippies for now, but I could see this going up to 5 very soon. We'll see.
Actual notes are:
Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lime, Orange, Cedarwood, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla.
The texture is slightly oily(the rather impressive list of ingredients, like plum, goji berry, and olive oils explain this), but dries fast. Lasting power is excellent.
The scent itself is soothing, relaxing; the effect being not a vibrant citrus, but a sweetened, smoky vanilla.

edited on 11/30/2007:

This has become one of my all-time favourites. I never get tired of this one, and it's a perfect bedtime scent, as well.

My husband is in love with this scent, and so am I.

I can't even count the number of compliments I've gotten(from strangers, even!) on this scent.
In addition, the staying power on this is crazy long. I haven't tried the spray yet, but the roll-on lasts ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day long. If I wear it at night, it's still there in the morning, too.

I can't get enough of this, and think this may be THE ONE. I can't believe I'm saying that, as I am a perfume/b&b junkie - but this is quite probably my HG signature fragrance. And to think, when I bought the roll-on, on a whim, from Sephora, I didn't even think I'd like it! LOL! continued >>

So needless to say I buy Vanilla allloooot... This scent is awesome...It is the perfect combination of vanilla and Grapefruit...it is perfect for me...the best part of the scent is the longevity...also, I like the idea that its good for me :) !

Popular Fragrances