Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin type : Other
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

on 11/2/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I love grapefruit. I love vanilla. Why don't I love this? The grapefruit dries down quickly and one is left with just a cloyingly heady, sweet vanilla. There is a hint of powder that might make up for the sweetness, but overall I am not thrilled by this blend, and am happy I bought only a sample.

on 2/5/2013 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Some people have commented that it makes me smell like cookies, the vanilla is the dominant scent at the end of the day.
-Great for Winter
-Smells stays longest when sprayed on skin & CLOTHES
-Affordable&Addicting
-I'm out of the country, ran out, can't get more, and am dying to have this delicious scent when I return home.

I recommend it for anyone who wants to smell adorable.

on 11/11/2010 5:05:00 PM

Smells lovely but ZERO staying power. It doesn't have a harsh tart bitter pink grapefruit smell to it. Very nice and light, I would buy it again if it lasted longer.

on 12/12/2008 5:10:00 PM

This is one of my favorites. It is a very unique blend of vanilla and grapefruit. The grapefruit adds just enough citrus zest and punch to the scent to make it stand out from all the other vanilla scents out there.

on 10/31/2008 6:08:00 AM

I don't know what it is about this smell, but I love it so much!! I haven't found anything I like more in a long time. My husband loves this on me too. I just want to spray this on constantly all day!!

Which brings me to the only drawback, and that is, that it doesn't last as long as I would like. Nothing seems to really last on me though, so I can't say it's this particular product. On the other hand, I never have to worry that the product is so cloying or knocking other people over with scent as I walk around. : )

Anyway, I love this scent tons and haven't used anything else since I came across it!

on 2/26/2008 11:31:00 AM

First impressions :
Not the most original/complex, but definitely comforting and a no-brainer. This starts off with the citrus overwhelming the vanilla, then settles into an almost synthetic smelling vanilla with slight citrusy notes. Very useful for lifting moods, and would be good to spray on bad days where nothing seems to go right. Given the comparatively reasonable price of this compared to the Serge Lutens I've been testing, am very tempted to order the full size and body butter as well.
Now :
Hmm. The drydown is a little annoying. Very Barbie-doll-like somehow. Reminds me of those "perfumes" for little girls in makeup sets. Not perfect after all. Would still consider getting the body butter though.

on 2/17/2007 7:09:00 PM

This is a nice vanilla-grapefruit scent. the vanilla is nice. the grapefruit is nice. The balance of the two is ... nice. The packaging is nice. (Actually, the packaging is rather lovely.) What this is NOT is new, earth shaking or even unusual. Just a nice, soft vanilla- grapefruit scent. If you have a desire for this sort of scent, the "clean" attributes of its make-up may intrigue you enough that this is the one you buy. If price is your primary object, however, there are more reasonable versions of this same fragrance available.

OMG...this fragrance is amazing! I just bought this one and the Pure Vanilla one at Sephora and they smell SOOOO good! The vanilla grapefruit is the FRESHEST fragrance I have ever worn! (and it lasts forever on my skin!) I sprayed it in my office the other day and all my co-workers ran over to see what that "incredible" smell was! Can't beat it for $56! I love that it's natural too.....so fun!

Got tired of waiting for MA to list these fragrances...and so many people email me about them, so here they are :) While I LOVE all (each scent is VERY wearable and natural smelling), this one is soooooo unique....like nothing i've smelled on the market....If I had to describe it, I'd say Vanilla Grapefruit smells just like the morning, when you cut open that grapefruit and have a vanilla yogurt...it's so clean, so simple, so fresh....like grapfruit rind wrapped in a vanilla bean....I got attracted to the line when I walked into my Sephora and the gal at the door was sampling it ...the air smelled so clean and fresh...it's really bright and HAPPY smelling...this is the scent that drew me in...lucky for me, there was one left on the shelf...apparently this the most popular of the three...smells totally different on me than my friend, so I'd recommend that you try all the scents on...but if you're a citrus girl, this one's a NO BRAINER....it's nothing like any scent I've smelled (e.g., YSL has grapfruit IN it...but this is about as pure as it gets...). The Madagascar vanilla makes the grapefruit here less "sharp" and more wearable than straight grapefruit...and on my friend, the bergamot comes out making it a bit more sophisticated...on me it goes sweeter than her...Definitely a perky flirty scent...my hubby loves it because he says i smell like summer.

Popular Fragrances