Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

3.8

on 4/4/2007 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this perfume. I bought it off sephora.com without ever smelling it because I became so curious about it. At first I was not too sure about it because it is so different from all the other perfumes that I wear but it has really started to grow on me. You only need one spray and the smell last all day. It is very nice although I was thinking that it would have more of a grapefruit smell but essentially it is vanilla and even though I usually hate vanilla scents this one is quite pleasant.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This scent is very interesting. It reminds me a bit of Shalimar for some reason, but much sweeter.

I know that's strange. Probably the Bergamot and Vanilla combo.
Anyway. LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit starts out with quite a bit of sweet grapefruit when first applied; the vanilla kicks in rather quickly, giving way to a not overly complex, but simply beautiful, scent.

It is all at once a thick, sweet, citrus, and gourmand vanilla.
My husband rather liked it, and I, not normally being a big fan of grapefruit, am surprised that I think this is going to be a favourite eventually. It only gets 4 lippies for now, but I could see this going up to 5 very soon. We'll see.
Actual notes are:
Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lime, Orange, Cedarwood, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla.
The texture is slightly oily(the rather impressive list of ingredients, like plum, goji berry, and olive oils explain this), but dries fast. Lasting power is excellent.
The scent itself is soothing, relaxing; the effect being not a vibrant citrus, but a sweetened, smoky vanilla.

edited on 11/30/2007:

This has become one of my all-time favourites. I never get tired of this one, and it's a perfect bedtime scent, as well.

My husband is in love with this scent, and so am I.

I can't even count the number of compliments I've gotten(from strangers, even!) on this scent.
In addition, the staying power on this is crazy long. I haven't tried the spray yet, but the roll-on lasts ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day long. If I wear it at night, it's still there in the morning, too.

I can't get enough of this, and think this may be THE ONE. I can't believe I'm saying that, as I am a perfume/b&b junkie - but this is quite probably my HG signature fragrance. And to think, when I bought the roll-on, on a whim, from Sephora, I didn't even think I'd like it! LOL! continued >>

on 3/2/2008 3:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I tried this scent at Sephora yesterday while on my quest to find the right scent for the upcoming spring. It smelled nice when I first sprayed it on my wrist. I smelled strongly of grapefruit which was pleasant. However, the dry down smell, not so nice. Let me just say that I adore vanilla, but vanilla scents can range from fresh smelling to absolutely sickly sweet. I felt this vanilla dry down on my skin was too sweet. I smelled like a 27 year old going on 13. I immediately ran to my BF to ask what he thought and he agreed that it was too sweet. It almost smelled synthetic which is strange considering Lavanila uses natural products.

on 6/8/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I totally agree with Satsuma's review. When you smell the nozzle of this perfume it is divine with stronger grapefruit than vanilla. When worn the grapefruit completely disappears and this overly sweet vanilla scent comes off which smells like 5 year old Barbie perfume. This is coming form a lover of sweet scents (Paris Hilton, Ralph, etc) but its just too 1 dimensional. If grapefruit is what you are looking for I suggest YSL Babydoll or Paris Hilton.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Did not think I would care for the Grapefruit along with the Vanilla but boy am I glad I was proven wrong. I could see it bothering some people with being overly sweet. For me, I like sweet warm scents. It helps not to spray too much as the smell is strong enough on my skin. It does have natural ingredients and has alcohol in it which is plant based. Still it's an alcohol which can slightly make it too much to inhale when sprayed. As always, do check it out at Sephora if you can by sample if you are overly sensitive.

on 2/19/2010 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my everyday running errands, go to gym, supermarket, cafe fragrance. I have super allergies an a ridiculous nose. I smell things no one notices and when they do they look at me like there's something wrong and ask me how did you smell that before. Well enough of that what makes this my fav is it doesn't irritate me. Sometimes I can't wear some of my other fav's because my allergies are bugging me and some scents are just to much when I'm already irritated. But Lavanilla grapfruit never ever aggravates my allergies. I get nothing but compliments when I wear it and its so fresh clean and fun. Its honestly the cheapest perfume that I own but its one of my favorites and so long as they make it I'll have it. All you smell is a soft sweet but not sickly fruity vanilla.

on 5/21/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been using this as a sample from Sephora. I've tried many times in the store by spraying on those paper sampler sticks, but didn't like that initial burst of slightly bitter grapefruit. But when I tried at home by spraying on my wrists, I loved it. After a few short minutes, I found that the bitter grapefruit scent dried down and what was left was a soft, creamy, vanilla. I want to try out the Pure Vanilla and Vanilla Coconut, but I think I just may buy a full-sized bottle of Vanilla Grapefruit.
UPDATE: Benefit's So Hooked on Carmella just came out, and I like it quite a bit better. The grapefruit-citrus notes in So Hooked are a lot softer than in LaVanila.So, it's making be take off a couple of lippies because I was starting to get annoyed with the sharpness of the grapefruit note.

on 11/11/2010 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the smell of this fresh scent. Both sweet and fruity zest. The rollerball bottle is handy for keeping in my purse as its perfect travel size. I bought this from Sephora, and it has been one of my favorite perfumes for the last few yrs now. Its not sold in dept. stores, I have only seen it in Sephora in Canada, so its not too popular yet. Thank goodness. I hate wearing the same scent as everyone else and their dog - like Ralph or CK.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I enjoy grapefruity scents, and it sounded so delicious having grapefruit and vanilla blended together. However, I just don't care for this scent -- it kind of reminds me of VS Pink which I feel is a bit cloying anyways, and it has that slight greeness that this scent seems to have. I really don't detect any vanilla in this fragrance, but it might just be because the grapefruit is more overpowering on my skin. I am giving this three lippies though because the scent is at least wearable and does have good lasting power.

Popular Fragrances