Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by age: 36-43
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

3.5

on 11/23/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

After reading the reviews, I'm left puzzled and wondering if my sniffer is broken. I bought this online, unsniffed after reading the raves. It smells like dirt. Kind of like dirt and patchouli. I thought maybe I got a bad bottle, so I bought a roller ball one too, and it's the same. :( Very strange.

on 12/2/2013 9:43:00 AM

This is one of the nicest feel-good fragrances. On one hand you have the real perfurmes, with all their complexity and sofistication and on the other hand you have these nice fragrances which, without pretending to be equal to their more complex sisters, actually beat some of them on many counts. I can name a very long list of latest commercial releases by big houses which are so much boring, non-descript and such a common soup of fruits and flowers that can't even stir in you half of the comfortable feeling that you have when smelling this one. It's not No 19, or Black, it does not pretend to be any, and it's just there to be worn the same way as your Uggs : they are definitely not the most elegant pair of boots in your closet, but they are damn comfortable and cozy when getting out in a cold winter weekend !

on 5/21/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been using this as a sample from Sephora. I've tried many times in the store by spraying on those paper sampler sticks, but didn't like that initial burst of slightly bitter grapefruit. But when I tried at home by spraying on my wrists, I loved it. After a few short minutes, I found that the bitter grapefruit scent dried down and what was left was a soft, creamy, vanilla. I want to try out the Pure Vanilla and Vanilla Coconut, but I think I just may buy a full-sized bottle of Vanilla Grapefruit.
UPDATE: Benefit's So Hooked on Carmella just came out, and I like it quite a bit better. The grapefruit-citrus notes in So Hooked are a lot softer than in LaVanila.So, it's making be take off a couple of lippies because I was starting to get annoyed with the sharpness of the grapefruit note.

on 2/19/2010 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my everyday running errands, go to gym, supermarket, cafe fragrance. I have super allergies an a ridiculous nose. I smell things no one notices and when they do they look at me like there's something wrong and ask me how did you smell that before. Well enough of that what makes this my fav is it doesn't irritate me. Sometimes I can't wear some of my other fav's because my allergies are bugging me and some scents are just to much when I'm already irritated. But Lavanilla grapfruit never ever aggravates my allergies. I get nothing but compliments when I wear it and its so fresh clean and fun. Its honestly the cheapest perfume that I own but its one of my favorites and so long as they make it I'll have it. All you smell is a soft sweet but not sickly fruity vanilla.

on 12/23/2008 4:59:00 PM

Oh no!! I bought this (2 bottles!) without sniffing because I recently got the Vanilla Spice and really liked it. I love grapefruit too so I figured this was a sure bet. Oh and throw in "natural" and how could this go wrong, right? Yeah, well so much for that. I sprayed this on about a hour ago and have a raging headache and feel sick to my stomach. What the heck?! I don't understand this? I think it's the vanilla. It is VERY strong in this version (vs. the Vanilla Spice) I get very little grapefruit. Oh well. Guess I'll be putting these up for swap or giving them away.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite scent. it surprises me that i love it so much as it smells a bit young- (not that i'm old, but i think this could be worn by a high school girl and smell fine, i am over 40) anyway - it is fresh, clean and warm - like your flannel pj's right out of the dryer. It lasts all day, which is great, the grapefruit is only obvious at the start, it dries down to a warm, almost sweet but not overly sugary smell. it is not offensive for the office, it wears close which i like. the body butter is amazing too, i'll write a separate review for that. I have this in both the spray and the roll on, which i like, as i like to use the roll on when i travel. the bottle is pretty, but nothing amazing or special, very basic. this is not a complex scent like my jo malone scents, this is simple, yet very pretty. i love the way it makes me feel.

on 4/16/2007 6:57:00 AM

I really wanted to like this fragrance! This was my first purchase with out smelling. When it arrived from HSN my first thought was cool box. It dried down musky or musty on me. It just was not working so I sent it back.:-( I'm sure the plain vanilla is nice when I finally make it to a Sephora store I will give that try. The staying power was pretty good.

on 2/22/2007 6:54:00 PM

Upon initial spray I pick up on the grapefruit - which is very nice...then as it dries down it skips right over the vanilla and rushes right into MUSK...blah...me and musk do NOT get along. It just kept getting stronger and stronger on my skin and even after a shower and dousing myself in Allure - I swear I can still smell this on me. Not for me at all...I had imagined a lovely spring-like fresh grapefruit and vanilla scent...this went all nutso on me.

EDIT: 10/6/07 After trying the body butter and loving it. I decided to give the perfume another go. I ordered the roll-on and found that I do like this scent. It stays on...and my husband seems to like it. I don't know if I will continue to wear it but I sure seem to be warming up to it. I will post again as time progresses with this scent. Changed my 3 stars to 5.

on 2/20/2007 3:37:00 PM

I have to agree with the other posters thus far, this perfume is pretty unique and very nice. I love, love, love the smell of grapefruit and am always in search of a perfume that has grapefruit in it and SMELLS like grapefruit, so many out there are soooo sweet. This one has an awesome mix of real grapefruit that gives it some zing, along with the vanilla that provides some sweetness, but not too much. I see me wearing this this summer, or in the winter when I want a little pick me up.

on 2/17/2007 7:09:00 PM

This is a nice vanilla-grapefruit scent. the vanilla is nice. the grapefruit is nice. The balance of the two is ... nice. The packaging is nice. (Actually, the packaging is rather lovely.) What this is NOT is new, earth shaking or even unusual. Just a nice, soft vanilla- grapefruit scent. If you have a desire for this sort of scent, the "clean" attributes of its make-up may intrigue you enough that this is the one you buy. If price is your primary object, however, there are more reasonable versions of this same fragrance available.

Popular Fragrances