Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by age: 30-35
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a perfume I've used for years, it has kind of a gourmand feel to it, which I am a big fan of. It smells like vanilla with a tiny bit of grapefruit in it to make it sweeter. It has Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lime, Orange, Heliotrope, Cedarwood, and Madagascar vanilla notes in it. I always get a lot of compliments when I wear this. It's not overly strong, but it lingers on the skin. This is one of my top three fragrances, I really love it. I also own the Pure Vanilla one, but this one is a little better to me.

I really like this. I notice that on my sister, the vanilla note seems to be stronger. But on me, it's definitely more citrus smelling. It seems to vary from person to person, so you definitely might want to try it before you order it.

I do like that it's not too sweet. I love vanilla, but sometimes scents with vanilla can come across as really young and too sweet. This is not too young, but not too mature either---and it's not overpowering, so it is a perfect everyday scent. I notice some of the criticism in the reviews is that it's not long lasting. It really was long lasting to me, but maybe I'm just extra sensitive to scents.

I like that the ingredients here are more "friendly" and less chemical----my skin is super sensitive, so I didn't have any problem with my skin reacting badly to it.

on 10/16/2013 11:32:00 PM

Vanilla Grapefruit is AMAZING!! I am seriously so obsessed with this perfume, I can't stop inhaling it!! It is such an addictive, gorgeous scent!! If you love vanilla and sweet fruity scents, you will LOVE this!! The grapefruit in it makes it citrusy and prevents it from being too candy floss, teenybopper sweet. It really stands out - I get so many compliments on this perfume! I think it's so much better than any department store perfumes - it is so fresh and unique!! It has the qualities of a high end niche perfume, and another plus is that the ingredients are all natural. You can get a roller ball (they make an oil roller ball now, too!) to try it out. Lavanilla Vanilla Grapefruit is 1 of my all time favorite perfumes ever - the 1 negative is that it doesn't last very long at all, so I took 1 lippie off bc I have to keep allying it. Hopefully they will make a more concentrated version 1 day!

on 4/25/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I love the scent of vanilla, but some perfumes just take it too far. I don't like smelling like a car freshener or like a cookie. That's where Lavanilla comes in. All of their scents are natural, clean, and very intimate. I love the vanilla grapefruit. It is my favorite Lavanilla scent. it is sweet with just the right amount of citrus. It smells very clean rather than a foody scent. It's all natural so I don't have to worry about allergic reactions. It's a little pricey, but IMHO it's totally worth it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I don't love this. I bought it for my purse. It has a nice drydown, but the opening notes are so bright and almost .....green?! I usually love citrus fragrances, but there's something quite masculine in the opening which I'm finding in a lot of fragrances these days. It fades eventually into a round comforting vanilla, but it takes about 30-40 minutes.

It smells so, so good!

I own the large bottle of this and while I do not normally like the smell of grapefruit, this one dries down to a soft sweet vanilla with just a little hint of grapefruit. The staying power is really good as well.

on 11/2/2009 10:13:00 AM

I think this fragrance is simply great! I would have to also agree that the grapefruit dries down to being quite non-existent after a while, but what is left on me is spicy & creamy. I do not get complimented on this one much, which came as a surprise since I thought it was a great find. I really impress myself with this one (even if no one else is impressed ;) I will continue to buy since lately it appears I have been in the exotic spicy oriental kick & cannot keep sniffing myself when I wear it!

This is divine! The lime and grapefruit add a bright, juicy zing to the madagascar vanilla that is at the core of all of LAVANILA's beautiful perfumes. The sillage is impressive, as Vanilla Grapefruit lasts nearly as long on my skin as Pure Vanilla. It can be tricky finding the "right" summer fragrance. I find that fragrances labeled for summertime are too sheer, like bland, scented water. I would wear this year 'round, but I must say that this is one of my must-have frags for the summer!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

The scent is very subtle and sweet which is the perfect compliment to the body butter if you are into layering.

Popular Fragrances