no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

11 years ago

I purchased Equate Totally Clean shampoo at Wal-mart and it's awesome. It cleans my fine, dry hair well without drying it out. A 25 ounce bottle cost only $3.12! I have been dealing with sensitive skin and scalp issues and this does not bother me one bit, and that's huge. I took one lippie off because the scent is a little perfumey, and when I use it the day after I color my hair it actually stinks! Weird. Otherwise a real gem. Update 10/12/09: I am trying the Smoothing formula and I like it even more! Leaves my hair clean and smelling good. Update again 8/18/10: Equate changed the formula of the moisturizing formula and I didn't see the smoothing or the regular version on the shelf at all. I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner and while I like the shampoo (seems to be a bit less harsh) the conditioner makes my scalp itch and my hair frizzy.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0
from

12 years ago

Nasty Cheap Knockoff of a shampoo that isnt so great to begin with. I bought this after leaving my travel bag at home and I was in a hotel in florida, Wal-mart was the nearest thing that was open. I didnt want to spend a lot of money since I was on vacation and I had my Paul Mitchell shampoos at home, I figured since I was not going to use them after vacation, why spend any more $$$ than I have to. The shampoo did not lather (not due to the Florida water either!)...the conditioner left my hair greasy and heavy. Ended up stopping by a salon the next day and buying an extra set of my Paul Mitchell Products for fear of damaging my hair! :o) Im not too picky, but these products were terrible! I was not expecting much since it is a offband of a DS shampoo...but sheesh!

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

12 years ago

Not too bad. I've used this and the moisturizing shampoo. I don't need this for every day, but they are really nice, cheap products to keep around. I prefer these to brands like Pantene and Herbal Essences. Light Scent, really creamy, thick lathering shampoos. They rinse clean but leave hair soft. I didn't notice any silicone build up from this. I still need conditioner (and all in one's don't really clean well enough to use daily), but I'd buy Equate brand again.

About reviewer (511 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

12 years ago

I like this brand, too. I use the shampoo and conditioner separate. They are so nice to my hair and so much more reasonable than Pantene.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

13 years ago

I use this everyday--it's about $1 at Walmart. Leaves my hair soft, silky, and shiny. God only knows how many bottles of this I have went through. I have never felt the need to buy any expensive shampoos--this is it from here on out. I use it everyday & it always delivers the same results. I think everyone should give it a try.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age19-24