Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cream - Beta Hydroxy Complex

Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cream - Beta Hydroxy Complex

4.2

Water, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Dimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Steareth-21, Cyclopentasiloxane, Fragrance, Laureth-7, Dimethiconol, Steareth-2, Disodium EDTA.

on 5/17/2018 10:40:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer, and use it religiously every other night, I don't use my retinol. It's so light, not greasy or heavy.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this moisturizer - day and night - since I hit my 20s. I cannot say enough about how my complexion has improved.

Could be age, could be taking better care of my skin, could be that I finally found my perfect skincare routine -but this moisturizer is part of it!

The BHA helps with fine lines AND acne, keeping my almost-30-year-old skin clear and smooth. It's thick, a little goes a long way, the smell is clean and fresh, and after letting it settle into my skin my makeup goes on smooth.

This moisturizer is a classic for a reason! Start young ladies and wear sunscreen!

on 11/11/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

For once I should have listened to Paula Begoun when she reviewed this product. It does contain BHA, at the proper PH to exfoliate, but it is a very LOW PH and can cause irritation. No kidding!
First night of use was fine so put on the next morning as well. My face was a burnt sore mess within an hour. Took a couple days for my skin to feel normal again.
My reaction to this has helped me appreciate Paula's Choice's BHA and AHA products a lot more. Now I know I'm getting a product that works with low irritation levels. I'm not sold on all Paula's products, but the BHA 1% lotion, I'm using for life!

on 4/1/2012 9:43:00 PM

I really like this cream, it moisturizes my face, it absorbs quickly and easily and my makeup goes on smoothly over top. I use the intensive nourishing night cream as well. I have to say that after 1 month of using these 2 products my fine lines have greatly diminished and my skin looks better.

on 2/17/2012 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is sensitive and if it is going to react to a new product, it usually does within hours - especially if it contains a fair amount of BHA or AHA. I was thrilled to have no reaction from Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cream. The outer black box has been given a sleeker, modern tweaking. The formula has been tweaked a little too, but so far my skin isn't noticing. The price is inexpensive (WalMart tends to have the best price for about $12-14CDN). For a cream it isn't heavy, which is good for oily skin like mine, and it absorbs quickly. As for shrinking large pores ... well, at 47 I'm not sure if anything can do that unless you are genetically blessed : ) I know everyone is a little bit squeamish about dipping their fingers into the pot, but if you tap it on the side, the cream slides up enough to scoop off the rim. I've been using this moisturizer for years and while I continue to check out other product lines in my quest for the perfect moisturizer that shrinks craterous pores, eliminates wrinkles, and, well, makes me look 20 years younger ; ) , I'll continue to repurchase this little white tub.

on 1/25/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is inexpensive and is a very light daily moisturizer. I think I will start using this at night only as it doesn't contain an SPF. I won't repurchase this as I've only found the Age Defying Daily Renewal Protecting Cream in stores, which does contain SPF and has also received rave reviews. I will say that this moisturizer isn't as heavy as others I've used and doesn't seem to leave me oily or break me out. That is a huge bonus in my books. Update: Well I knew it was too good to be true. I didn't want to admit it but I started to get tiny little whiteheads from using this product :( Back to the drawing board.

They say "love" is a strong word. But it dosn;t do justice compared to this awesome moisturizer. I found this moisturizer reduced my pore size, redness and made my skin clear, hydrated and soft. I am under 18, and even though my skin is naturally wrinkle free, I have no dout that it would help clear and reduce more marture skin's wrinkles and fine lines.The only downside is that it is stored in a tub, and I'm not so into the fact of dipping my fingers in the formula that will eventually gather bacteria. However, this minor glitch dosn't stop me from my favourite moisturizer. Bottom like, this moisturizer is fabulous; if you want claear, even, hydrated and more youthful skin, this moisturizer is right for you. Its love at first buy!

So i started to get really serious about my skin care 7 months ago. My skin was sooo dry, cracked, flakey, cystic acne with acne scars all along my chin and around my mouth and a couple on both sides of my face. I had blackheads upon black heads and just dead skin building up. It was due to 3 months of non stop traveling... It was horrible I was 19 and looked 29....So I started using Olay products.
I started with olay complete night cream, olay regenerist serum, olay complete daily moisturizer spf 15, olay sensitive foaming face wash, olay complete face wash, and cetaphil cleanser. I then started using witch hazel toner day and night. My skin improved a lot but still had a long way to go. Since then I've used a lot of good pruducts, including clean & clear cleansers/scrubs, dermalogica moisturzing mask, Olay microdermabrasion & peel, and neutrogena has amazing cleansers and scrubs.
But Olay has the BEST creams. I used the active hyrdating cream which is so far my favorite because it REALLY moisturizes.
Also have used the Olay firming cream which I liked but the active hydrating cream is still #1 with the Olay complete cream in #2.
So I just recently started using Olay age defying daily renewal cream with BHC
I've never used a cream with beta hydroxy complex. Well not that I can remember
I love it
At first I wasn't sure because I still woke up with slightly dry skin but I think that's because I started using jojoba oil too with it at the same time.
My skin has improved so much with this cream and jojoba oil in just 5 days. So much more clear and young looking. My mom even said my skin had cleared up.

So my skin is slightly dry after cleansing in the morning ( I only cleanse once in the morning and at night I cleanse once and use a scrub to make sure I get all my mineral makeup off)
So I tried the Olay age defying renewal cream on and then put Olay spf 15 daily complete moisturizer on it and my makeup goes over it PERFECTLY and my skin is more moisturized and just looks way better

Overall i give this cream a 4 out of 5 because it doesnt completely moisturize.
It's definitely getting the job done with makeing my skin tone more even.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

2 weeks of morning and night use but I am not noticing any results or changes in skin whatsoever. However, I love the smell and the thickness of the cream. It is soft and thick enough to be perfect as a winter moisturiser for me. I am very breakout prone but this is not breaking me out so I will repurchase until I find something else that will actually show a visible improvement in skin tone and pores etc.

on 7/9/2011 4:36:00 AM

I had really high hopes for this after seeing all the great reviews, but this broke my skin out so badly. I'm talking 6 deep cysts after the first week not to mention the pores all over my face are clogged.

It also aggravated post acne pigmentation and made it all a darker purple-red color.

In short, it was a disaster. I have used BHA products In the past and never had them block my pores, so it must be the Olay base cream. Ugh.