Sephora Sephora Liner Electro Glitter Eye Pencil

Price: $

on 2/3/2013 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I own three of these, the chcolate, copper and black-with-silver-glitter colors. I purchased them at the sale price of $3 each, which is factored into the rating. I usually require my makeup to last anywhere between 6-12 hours; sadly, these pencils are not long lasting enough for that; around the 4th or 5th hour they begin to smudge and transfer under my eyes, even with primer underneath. The black one especially sheds glitter particles. The colors are lovely, especially the copper and chocolate pencils, but I still find I need to quickly pass them through a flame to make the kohl soft enough to spread easily on my semi wrinkled eyelids. They also don't sharpen well on my standard sized essence sharpener (which is a dupe of many popular ones including Urban Decay's grindhouse); I actually needed to specifically hunt for a sharpener to fit the exact size of the pencil in order to have a usable pencil. For the price they were okay, but there are so many similarly priced alternatives here (essence, Catrice) that are just as nice, cheap, colorful, and don't require sharpening, as well as having softer kohl, that I wouldn't repurchase.

UPDATE: these don't hold up at all in over 25 degree Celcius weather - they smudge like the devil. I've almost completely finished the chocolate and black ones, and the beautiful chocolate color smudges the most quickly. They do apply more easily in hot weather due to the pencil lead melting a bit, at least. Good for a smokey eye, bad for a precise liner.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I have this in Night, a blue with silver and blue sparkles. I don't know why I bought it because my mostly neutral collection doesn't have room for it to work. I just used it over black liner and it's quite pretty but it does smudge and uses up very fast. Plus it's not the most easiest to sharpen. I might repurchase other colors if they seem pretty, but I said no for this particular color I have. At $8, it's a decent deal for a quality color eyeliner if you're willing to go through the hassle.

on 11/29/2009 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got 08 Copper electro. It's a glittery brown/bronze colour. It smudges pretty easily so I only use it on my lower lash line (not lower waterline, the glittery chucks their may hurt your eyes) and it sort of ties the makeup on my eyelid with my lower eyeline. If that makes any sense, that is, hahahahaha. Anyway, it's okay for the price.