Sephora Sephora Liner Electro Glitter Eye Pencil

3.7

on 2/3/2013 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I own three of these, the chcolate, copper and black-with-silver-glitter colors. I purchased them at the sale price of $3 each, which is factored into the rating. I usually require my makeup to last anywhere between 6-12 hours; sadly, these pencils are not long lasting enough for that; around the 4th or 5th hour they begin to smudge and transfer under my eyes, even with primer underneath. The black one especially sheds glitter particles. The colors are lovely, especially the copper and chocolate pencils, but I still find I need to quickly pass them through a flame to make the kohl soft enough to spread easily on my semi wrinkled eyelids. They also don't sharpen well on my standard sized essence sharpener (which is a dupe of many popular ones including Urban Decay's grindhouse); I actually needed to specifically hunt for a sharpener to fit the exact size of the pencil in order to have a usable pencil. For the price they were okay, but there are so many similarly priced alternatives here (essence, Catrice) that are just as nice, cheap, colorful, and don't require sharpening, as well as having softer kohl, that I wouldn't repurchase.

UPDATE: these don't hold up at all in over 25 degree Celcius weather - they smudge like the devil. I've almost completely finished the chocolate and black ones, and the beautiful chocolate color smudges the most quickly. They do apply more easily in hot weather due to the pencil lead melting a bit, at least. Good for a smokey eye, bad for a precise liner.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have this in Choc Electro and I love it. It makes a great slightly smoky yet open-eyed look--must be the color + glitter combination. I have no issues with the quality and find the price reasonable. I have paid more for higher-end pencils that I ended up not liking as much. I always have an extra one of these on hand in case it's suddenly discontinued. (Seems every product/color I love gets discontinued by the time I get around to re-purchasing.)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really don't understand all the negative reviews on this product. I got the copper color in the Sephora Glitz and Glam sampler. For the color alone this should get 5 stars! It's the most beautiful rosy copper color with gold glitter/shimmer in it. I LOVE this color. I generally prefer liners that I don't have to sharpen, but that's not too much of a drawback. My only real gripe with this is that it's kind of hard. It's definitely not one I would use on my waterline (also bc of the shimmer). It's fine to line your eyes with, but if you're using it as a base (which I totally recommend, especially under UD Smog), I would put it on your finger first. However, the benefit to it being drier is that it didn't crease like creamier eyeshadow bases usually do. Overall, love this product. I will definitely be picking up the full size when I finish the sample (and since it's become part of my favorite holiday look and all-around favorite brown smokey look, that shouldn't take too long). I also might have to get this as a gift for a few people. The price tag makes it really affordable as a gift. For $8, this stuff is great!

on 11/9/2010 7:38:00 PM

Pro: Great color. (Choc Electro)
Neutral: It smudges, but I can control the smudge and it gives me a look I like.
Con: Hard to sharpen, won't last long, a little hard to apply. Overall texture is crumbly.

Maybe I'm tight, but for $8 it should be better than it is.

on 7/19/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in in Copper Electro and it sucks. I will definitly be returning this product, perhaps I should have considered waterproof as I have tried other Sephora brand eyeliners that were wateroproof and they worked well. I applied this on my upper lash line then continued with the rest of my makeup and by the time I was done, the eyeliner had literally dissapeared. While the product texture is great, it just left a glittery mess. It is a shame because it is very pretty when first applied.

Excellent value! I wouldn't reccomend using on the waterline or it might irritate your eyes,

i have the khaki one, and its great. the color is a perfect olive green. its a great size for the price. it doesnt run or fade throughtout the day but i do use primer potion which im sure helps. every once in a while there is a big chunk of glitter that obviously wont stay and it flakes off, but its only happened twice. i like this and will purchase more colors!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

These are new from Sephora and great! I got the blue (marine) and the gold one. They stay put and don't smudge. They actually don't have much glitter or shimmer in them, I don't notice it at all on me, but I can see a little shimmer when my sister wears hers. I would totally repurchase, as these were $6. My only gripe is I wish they were a little softer and creamier. But I guess, they'd smudge then, wouldn't they?

These are new pencils from Sephora... and I am quite impressed. I usually use the colorstay eyeliners and these actually stay put BETTER! I have this pencil in electro marine and electro mauve. The marine color is a sea blue with very fine glittery accents. It is not garish at all. The mauve is a medium plum purple color with micro glitter. There are 8 different colors from which to choose including black, silver, metal gray, mauve, blue, khaki, copper, and chocolate. The shades vary from metallic colors to matte infused with glitter. The website says they can be worn alone or layered together.. worn under or over powder. They are normal pencils that need to be sharpened with a cap cover. I find that they glide on quite easily... not as easily as some cream liners ive tried but not as tuggy as most kohl eyeliners. I am most impressed with the staying power and the fact that the tip doesnt continually break off necessitating resharpening every use. Cost $4.00 a piece... and is very much worth the price to me. I will soon buy other shades.

INGREDIENT LIST for Black Electro 01:
Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Triethylhexanoin, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Dipentaerythrityl Tetrahydroxystearate/Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, CI 77019 (Mica), Ozokerite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Polyurethane-11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Propylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid.