Mary Kay Signature Lipstick - Garnetfrost

No Image

3.0

Pretty color. Lasting wear. Medium pink tones. Looks nice on me.

on 2/6/2007 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this as part of a gift, and though it is a pretty color, it is not for me.

It's not that I have an aversion to frosts; MAC's "New York Apple" is one of my very favorite lipsticks, and it's a frost. However, "Garnetfrost" is just too pale for me(NW15; brunette; green eyes). The name is a bit misleading, as "Garnetfrost" looks nothing like a garnet in color.

On the contrary, "Garnetfrost" can best be described as a pale frosted rose/plum. Judging from the descriptions I've heard of the MAC product, "Garnetfrost" probably looks quite a bit like
MAC "Danse" lipstick. Unfortunately, "Garnetfrost" lacks the pleasant vanilla taste/smell of a MAC lipstick, and instead has a rather heavy perfume-y aroma, which I strongly dislike. In fact, I can't comment on staying power because I couldn't stand to leave "Garnetfrost" on my lips for very long because of the taste.

It's still a pretty color, just not on me. If you favor pale frosted pinks/roses, this one might be worth a look. Unfortunately, it made me look anemic. continued >>

Popular Lipsticks