Philips Sonicare Toothbrush

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush

4.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorites!! I bought this from Costco and have been so impressed since getting this. Usually, my primary (regular) toothbrush wares at my gums over time. This only hits the teeth and does a lot better at scrubbing them clean than other regular toothbrushes and my teeth look extremely white.

I LOOOVE THIS!
I just got it last week and since I have braces it is so handy.
when I brush my teeth it is so satisfactory to see actual dirt and food come off in my spit.
when I used a manual toothbrush, I wouldn't see any of that. I'm never switching back.
the only complaint I have is the sonicare is so high power it is like overwhelming but that's fine because it cleans my teeth.

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For the longest time, my dentist was after me to get an electric toothbrush as my teeth are high maintenance. By that, I mean they're prone to tartar and plaque buildup because of the way they developed in my younger years. (I had to take tetracycline when I was a child for bronchitis and it affected how my adult teeth formed - I have grooves & ridges because of the antibiotics, hence why they need more care)

But I resisted because of the cost. I didn't want to pay $100 plus for an electric toothbrush and as luck would have it, I managed to find a Philips Sonicare (e series) on sale at Best Buy for $40 CAD.

Now I know why my dentist wanted me to switch from a manual toothbrush to an electric one. It has made a world of difference in my dental care regime. My teeth have that nice 'just got them cleaned at the dentist' feeling whenever I brush my teeth.
I also tend to have noticeable plaque buildup on my bottom front teeth and the Sonicare has helped keep the plaque in check. I still need to make an extra trip to the hygienist to get that area cleaned but it's less work than before.

Maybe I'll upgrade to a more deluxe version later on but for now, I'm content with this model. I buy the replacement heads on eBay as I can get packs of 4 to 6 heads for less money than the two packs at the drugstores which cost as much as my toothbrush.

THIS IS THE BEST TOOTHBRUSH YOU CAN BUY! My teeth were getting a SLIGHT yellowish tint. I bought this from costco for 99 dollars for 2 of these and it doesn't irritate the gums and is extremely effective at cleaning the teeth.

Effectiveness: 10/10
Price: Very pricey but worth it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'll be the first to admit I don't take the absolute best care of my teeth. But I've never gotten a cavity, never needed braces, no wisdom teeth ever came in, and they are very white. So I guess despite not taking the best care of them - I've been very fortunate.

And yet... I don't think I could ever go back to a regular toothbrush after using this. It just leaves my teeth and tongue feeling so much cleaner. If you use a whitening product for your teeth, it's important to make sure they're 100% clean beforehand. This Sonicare toothbrushes definitely get the job done so that whitening products have no issue penetrating the teeth.

The ONLY reason I'm giving this 4 lippies rather than 5 is because I feel like it is overpriced. I bought a generic version just to compare and surely enough, the knock off was just as good. Now one thing I will note is that perhaps the Sonicare brushes last longer than the alternatives. But I can not vouch for that, as neither of mine have any signs of wear & tear.

Yes I'd repurchase.

Edited to add: Definitely try an electric toothbrush if you have sensitive gums. My gums used to get so sore using a manual brush. That issue has yet to return since purchasing this.

I've held out for the longest time but finally resorted to buying this after seeing years and years of coffee, tea, and soda-drinking take its toll on my teeth. Let me tell you that you'll never want to use a boring old manual toothbrush again after one usage of this! I actually look forward to brushing my teeth now. Haha! I have the Healthy White version and it thoroughly cleanses my teeth and gums but in the gentlest way possible. I like using the mini brush heads as it enables me to reach into the farthest parts of my mouth without making me gag. I'm not 100% sold on the whitening option but I did notice a brightening effect on my teeth. I also spend way less time on the dentist's chair now during my biannual oral prophylaxis. I've had mine for almost two years now, even dropped it a few times, and I've had no problems with it. But if the day comes (knock on wood!) that it conks out on me or the base becomes way too grotty (I live in a hot and humid tropical country and the rubber parts of the handle get dirties up easily. What I do is wipe it down with a Lysol wipe weekly), I'd repurchase in a heartbeat! It's crazy expensive for a toothbrush, but it's absolutely worth the price.

on 10/19/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Incredible! I usually hate brushing my teeth and I feel unmotivated to brush them the majority of the time – I randomly came across toothbrushes online by accident (I have no idea how I did but thank God I did) and I researched Sonicare and I researched and watched multiple videos on it and its reviews. A few hours later, I went into my local pharmacy (Boots) as it was half price (I get my points, too!) and I registered it and charged it as soon as I got home. After it being fully charged, I brushed my teeth (I felt unconvinced to this point still) and after I finished, I was astounded by how clean my overall mouth felt, my teeth felt so clean! I used it on my tongue and I have never seen my tongue so clean in my life (no matter how vigorously I clean my tongue with my toothbrush). I enjoyed it so much, I cleaned my teeth again! I love the way it beeps after 30 seconds; indicating to move to another zone of your mouth. You will know when two minutes is up because it will stop. I love, love, love it! Would recommend! Only thing I regret, I didn't get it sooner!

This is a million times better than any other toothbrush (electric or otherwise) but I hate how often I have to replace the brush head to keep it making my teeth feeling so squeaky clean.

on 6/28/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought my first one in 2010 after changing to a new dentist who was adamant I get one ahead of a hygienist appointment. My teeth and gum were in really bad shape and I needed to get a lot of work done.

Anyway, I got the toothbrush, bearing in mind I used to use Oral B electric toothbrushes before, and the difference was noticeable immediately. When adverts say you get that dentist clean feeling, this is not exaggerated. Your teeth truly are a new level of clean. The toothbrush and regular hygienist visits have turned my teeth around.

My toothbrush only broke about three days ago, so 5 years later!! The performance did not drop over the years and it cleaned just as well as it did when I first bought it. I've always said that, if my toothbrush broke, I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat. That's exactly what I did. My new Diamond version in pink is even better :-)!

on 6/26/2014 3:30:00 PM

Where to begin? I purchased the FlexCare toothbrush a few years ago. It worked great for a few months until the metal shaft that fits into the toothbrush head wore out. The ridge wore out to the point that it was flat with the rest of the shaft, which made the toothbrush wobble and no longer effective.

When I called customer service and explained what happened, they sent me a new toothbrush. This same problem happened for 5 toothbrushes! Rather than fixing the problem, their solution was to send me a new toothbrush. Their customer service rep told me that it's cheaper to just send out new toothbrushes than to fix the problem. Mind you, I'm the only one that uses the toothbrush and I brush 2-3 times per day.

I called on June 11, 2014 to report my issue again and was told someone will call me in 24-48 hours later. When nobody called, I called again the morning of 6/17 and spoke to Ally. Before pulling up my info, she said it probably went to the wrong "que", which is a very common problem. She apologized and said that someone will call me the same day. When nobody called that evening, I called and spoke to a "floor supervisor" named Melissa. She was extremely rude repeatedly interrupted me and attempted to speak over me. She stated that my issue again was sent to the wrong que and to wait another 48 hours. I asked her since I've been waiting 6 days and it's not my fault that they keep sending my issue to the wrong que, if she can escalate it. She said no and said there's nothing she will do further for me. After 3 more days of not receiving a phone call, I called and spoke to Sonya. Sonya broke the news to me that the "floor manager" Melissa did not send my request to the correct que and we would again be starting from scratch and she told me that I would have to wait another 48 hours for a return call. I questioned how a floor manager would hear my complaint, then make the same mistake, but of course, no ownership or accountability was established. Today is the 26th of June and it's been 6 days since I spoke to Sonya and nobody has called me back. I decided to attempt to get my problem handled via Chat, but Bryan and his supervisor Zack told me that they are not able to explain why nobody has followed-up with me, but assured me that someone will call me by the close of business on Monday, June 30th. Why should I expect a different result? They have "kicked the can down the road" with me for 15 days and all five employees that I've communicated with are in the wrong line of work! This company's toothbrush should have been recalled years ago and is a safety hazard. Their employee told me that himself!

I would NEVER buy any product from Philips again! I understand one employee being a bad apple, but all five? One of them being a floor supervisor too! This is not bad apples, this treatment of a customer is obviously acceptable and part of their culture. Just in case you think I'm making this up, my case number is 50-1640028453. If management cares and remedies the situation, I will update my post. Chances are they won't! Don't buy anything from Philips!!!!

Popular Other Products