4.7

on 10/22/2017 6:18:00 PM

I got this as a gift and it’s nice. It does a good job cleaning my teeth and it’s dealt well with daily use. The toothbrush head refills are not as cheap as a new pack of manual toothbrushes, but once you learn that it’s not necessary to press down firmly with an electric toothbrush, the brush heads last a decent amount of time. It’ll keep a charge if you need to be without the charger for a couple days, too. There are different versions of the brush depending on what you would like to focus on concerning your teeth. The Philips Sonicare is a good investment and I’ve never once had a problem with the device in several years.

on 5/21/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My husband and I both used this. I still do. He switched to OralB electric, I believe because of the cost of replacement heads. I have not switched because I prefer the brush head shape on the sonicare. My issue isthe last time I needed replacement brushes, ordered on CVS.com, not my usual Amazon. So, I ended up ordering the wrong ones. Hate when there are different models and I cannot tell from the stock photo which one to order. But love the performance of this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For the longest time, my dentist was after me to get an electric toothbrush as my teeth are high maintenance. By that, I mean they're prone to tartar and plaque buildup because of the way they developed in my younger years. (I had to take tetracycline when I was a child for bronchitis and it affected how my adult teeth formed - I have grooves & ridges because of the antibiotics, hence why they need more care)

But I resisted because of the cost. I didn't want to pay $100 plus for an electric toothbrush and as luck would have it, I managed to find a Philips Sonicare (e series) on sale at Best Buy for $40 CAD.

Now I know why my dentist wanted me to switch from a manual toothbrush to an electric one. It has made a world of difference in my dental care regime. My teeth have that nice 'just got them cleaned at the dentist' feeling whenever I brush my teeth.
I also tend to have noticeable plaque buildup on my bottom front teeth and the Sonicare has helped keep the plaque in check. I still need to make an extra trip to the hygienist to get that area cleaned but it's less work than before.

Maybe I'll upgrade to a more deluxe version later on but for now, I'm content with this model. I buy the replacement heads on eBay as I can get packs of 4 to 6 heads for less money than the two packs at the drugstores which cost as much as my toothbrush.

THIS IS THE BEST TOOTHBRUSH YOU CAN BUY! My teeth were getting a SLIGHT yellowish tint. I bought this from costco for 99 dollars for 2 of these and it doesn't irritate the gums and is extremely effective at cleaning the teeth.

Effectiveness: 10/10
Price: Very pricey but worth it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorites!! I bought this from Costco and have been so impressed since getting this. Usually, my primary (regular) toothbrush wares at my gums over time. This only hits the teeth and does a lot better at scrubbing them clean than other regular toothbrushes and my teeth look extremely white.

I LOOOVE THIS!
I just got it last week and since I have braces it is so handy.
when I brush my teeth it is so satisfactory to see actual dirt and food come off in my spit.
when I used a manual toothbrush, I wouldn't see any of that. I'm never switching back.
the only complaint I have is the sonicare is so high power it is like overwhelming but that's fine because it cleans my teeth.

I've held out for the longest time but finally resorted to buying this after seeing years and years of coffee, tea, and soda-drinking take its toll on my teeth. Let me tell you that you'll never want to use a boring old manual toothbrush again after one usage of this! I actually look forward to brushing my teeth now. Haha! I have the Healthy White version and it thoroughly cleanses my teeth and gums but in the gentlest way possible. I like using the mini brush heads as it enables me to reach into the farthest parts of my mouth without making me gag. I'm not 100% sold on the whitening option but I did notice a brightening effect on my teeth. I also spend way less time on the dentist's chair now during my biannual oral prophylaxis. I've had mine for almost two years now, even dropped it a few times, and I've had no problems with it. But if the day comes (knock on wood!) that it conks out on me or the base becomes way too grotty (I live in a hot and humid tropical country and the rubber parts of the handle get dirties up easily. What I do is wipe it down with a Lysol wipe weekly), I'd repurchase in a heartbeat! It's crazy expensive for a toothbrush, but it's absolutely worth the price.

on 10/19/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Incredible! I usually hate brushing my teeth and I feel unmotivated to brush them the majority of the time – I randomly came across toothbrushes online by accident (I have no idea how I did but thank God I did) and I researched Sonicare and I researched and watched multiple videos on it and its reviews. A few hours later, I went into my local pharmacy (Boots) as it was half price (I get my points, too!) and I registered it and charged it as soon as I got home. After it being fully charged, I brushed my teeth (I felt unconvinced to this point still) and after I finished, I was astounded by how clean my overall mouth felt, my teeth felt so clean! I used it on my tongue and I have never seen my tongue so clean in my life (no matter how vigorously I clean my tongue with my toothbrush). I enjoyed it so much, I cleaned my teeth again! I love the way it beeps after 30 seconds; indicating to move to another zone of your mouth. You will know when two minutes is up because it will stop. I love, love, love it! Would recommend! Only thing I regret, I didn't get it sooner!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'll be the first to admit I don't take the absolute best care of my teeth. But I've never gotten a cavity, never needed braces, no wisdom teeth ever came in, and they are very white. So I guess despite not taking the best care of them - I've been very fortunate.

And yet... I don't think I could ever go back to a regular toothbrush after using this. It just leaves my teeth and tongue feeling so much cleaner. If you use a whitening product for your teeth, it's important to make sure they're 100% clean beforehand. This Sonicare toothbrushes definitely get the job done so that whitening products have no issue penetrating the teeth.

The ONLY reason I'm giving this 4 lippies rather than 5 is because I feel like it is overpriced. I bought a generic version just to compare and surely enough, the knock off was just as good. Now one thing I will note is that perhaps the Sonicare brushes last longer than the alternatives. But I can not vouch for that, as neither of mine have any signs of wear & tear.

Yes I'd repurchase.

Edited to add: Definitely try an electric toothbrush if you have sensitive gums. My gums used to get so sore using a manual brush. That issue has yet to return since purchasing this.

This is a million times better than any other toothbrush (electric or otherwise) but I hate how often I have to replace the brush head to keep it making my teeth feeling so squeaky clean.

Popular Other Products