Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Spray

Sweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea scent by Bath and Body Works

3.9

on 5/21/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a Christmas gift, and now it's almost out! There were no complaints when I wore this to my college. It has a nice stubble, everyday scent that comes off as sweet and feminine.

Perfect for the younger girls who are dabbling into fragrance!

on 11/17/2013 4:09:00 PM

When I was young one of my moms friends who lived with us had this but in a perfume. I thought it was the best thing on earth. I would constantly sneak into the bathroom and pray some on when no one was around, I loved it that much. Over summer I bought three mini bottles and sweet pea was one of them. My mom didn't like it and said it gave her a head ache. I on the other hand absolutely loved it! It smells sexy in a way and is sweet and playful. My friends in p.e constantly ask for some and its a popular scent. I recommend it. !

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

The ultimate girly scent. It's sweet, floral, fruity, and light all in one. Its definitely one of my favorites from B&BW, and I pray that they never discontinue it, but I doubt they would since it sells so well. You wouldn't believe the amount of compliments I get when I wear this. You need to try this if you haven't already, it smells AMAZINGG (:

on 12/23/2012 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i love this smell. it is one of the most popular ones at BBW, and it seems that many own it! :)
it has made so many different items of this smell :)

on 10/24/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this for spring/summer!! It is the best for a light overall fruity, flowery scent. This one can be applied all over, since it's not too strong. Smells very sweet and pure. Highly recommend for younger people, I'm not sure that older women would like this as much.

on 9/26/2012 12:07:00 AM

Fun and fruity scent. I will never grow tired of it :) Last as long as you would expect any body spray. Name is kind of odd though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got the new fine fragrance mist kind with the new packaging, and it's great~ The smell is nice and light, but sweet <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a Classic! I love this smell so much! It brings me back to my childhood and it reminds me of my mom. The scent is perfect for a summer day. It is light, girly, and floral. It has okay staying power, but when layered it lasts much longer. The formula has changed a bit over the years, but I still love it and will always repurchase it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks Sweet Pea Fine Fragrance Mist is their newly reformulated body spray, in one of the brand's most loved scents. Bath&BodyWorks also updated their description of Sweet Pea, calling a "fruity floral scent that evokes the intoxicating, floral infused breezes of the Mediterranean. I purchased the travel size version of this body spray for $3.34, on a 3/$10 deal. The regular retail price for the mini version is $6 for 3fl oz, the full size, 8 fl oz bottle is priced at $14. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand, and make their products in the USA.
Along with the reformulation, Bath&BodyWorks have also repackaged their fragrance mists. This makes me sad. I really liked the old packaging. It was minimalistic, plain, but chic. The new bottle is round, and made of transparent, hard plastic. Sweet Pea's bottle is a gradient, darkening from clear, to yellow, to green. The bottle features a bright pink flower, a more stylized version of the same Sweet Pea flower on the older bottles. There's another, lighter pin flower on the back of the bottle. It's a pretty details.
The clear plastic spray mechanism displeases me. It's pretty hard to spray. Much harder to use than the spritzer on the old bottle. I'm not sure if it's defective or if they're all like that.
Having been renamed "Fine Fragrance Mist", I was expecting the spray to come out in a finer spray (obvs). It does, much finer, so fine that it's almost a dry mist. It doesn't give the skin that wet feel most body sprays do. Not sure if like.
I'm not sure if Bath&BodyWorks reformulated the scent of Sweet Pea along with the body spray. It smells very different from the three other Sweet Pea products I have (shower gel, body lotion, pocket bac). Bath&BodyWorks lists Sweet Pea's scent notes as sweet pea, watery pear, logan berry, rhubarb as top notes, cyclamen, raspberry, and freesia as mid notes, and musk as the base notes. The Sweet Pea I know and love is very fruity, heavy on the pear and rasberry, with a light floralness. Its bright and happy, with a slight sourness to it.
The new Fine Fragrance Mist version of Sweet Pea is quite different. It smells heavily of alcohol when first sprayed on. Despite being a dryer body spray, it takes a long time to dry down from the alcohol to the actual scent. This isn't a problem I've ever had with any body spray brand. Once it does, I would never peg this scent as Sweet Pea. I asked my mum, who is admittedly not a Bath&BodyWorks aficionado, to smell the body spray, and compare it to the shower gel and body lotion, and she agrees that they smell nothing alike. So it's not just me having an olfactory failure.
Instead of the happy, light, fruity floral scent I was looking for, the "new" Sweet Pea is a heavy, sugary, musky, and very alcoholic. Actually the longer I smell it, it smells like a house hold cleaner or the like. Do not like. Really I should take it back. This has to be defective, that or Bath&BodyWorks secretly changed the scent, if so, man the pitchforks.

You know what else is real about about this new Fine Fragrance Mist? The lasting power. I can give myself several good spritzes of Sweet Pea, and not be able to smell it an hour later. Lolwat. Because of how often I need to reapply, I've gone through quite a lot of Sweet Pea already. Like I've gone through nearly as much of Sweet Pea in a few weeks, as I have gone through Midnight Pomegranate in 5 months, and I wear it nearly every day.
I have so many issues with Sweet Pea's Fine Fragrance Mist, none of which I ever had with any other body spray, especially one from Bath&BodyWorks. I'm really, really unhappy about this. I expect better quality from this brand. I'm considering taking this product back, and I definitely plan to talk to someone from Bath&BodyWorks about it. Has anyone else had bad experiences with the new Fine Fragrance Mists? Or did I just get a bad bottle?

on 2/15/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I remember this being THE scent during middle school and high school. It's what everyone wore for some reason and therefore sort of became a classic of B&BW along with Warm Sugar Vanilla one. That being said, I love both of them but at the same time they can get a little overwhelming. With this one, there is a very strong floral fruity scene that can get a little sickening if used to often. But all the same it's a wonderful scent, so refreshing and perfect for spring and summer. I haven't had this one in a long time but I'll probably have to go and get one. The one warning I can give is don't get this scent in a cheaper grocery store version. It will smell worse and very very cheap.

Popular Fragrances