Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Spray

Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Spray
Sweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea scent by Bath and Body Works

on 8/7/2017 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am not a fan but my 12 year old loves it and the pink packaging is attractive to many. The sweet floral scent is OK - but not my favorite - I am a citrus fan.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Somehow, many years ago, I got gift with a set that had some BBW Sweet Pea items in it and oh my god, I was scarred for life. I believed for many years that I didn't like sweet pea as a note in perfume, but really it was just whatever gross collection of b-grade chemicals BBW puts into this that turned me off. Something about this body spray clung to my skin and refused to be washed away, and I swear this is the only perfumed body product (including actual perfumes) that ever gave me a headache. Something in this just does not agree with me, and it really was the end of my experimentation with BBW products other than their candles because my experience was that bad. This was also around the time when Sweet Pea was the most popular scent at BBW and the entire store just smelled like a concentrated version that made me feel ill.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG spray I've already gone threw a full one with in 6 months and I use it everyday!
I get compliments from people of all ages!,it's not to strong just a light mist but it last all day!
This is the only floral type sent I'd ever wear! It's calming and sweet perfect for all ages and any event. I recommend this to all my friends I can't live with out it it's my signature sent
The packaging is a step up from what it use to be and the price is not bad at all! What are you waiting for go buy it already!

on 10/24/2012 3:15:00 PM

Love Sweet Pea I have a travel one in my bag right now. Whenever I want to feel fresh I spray this. It's a great scent that really won't offend to many noses because it's not super sweet it's beautiful light and fresh. I use this when I need something on me cause I don't like not smelling like something.
It's not my daily fragrance but one I do use a lot especially at the end of Summer this scent just was so perfect in the August heat.Now that it's Fall I am using a light musk but I have to give my love to this scent. When I go to B&B my nose can get really confused with all the scents.

Not sweet pea though it's always one I can discern from the others. I will always buy this from Bath and Bodyworks it's a great scent to have in your bag or whenever you need a nice light scent. It's a nice pump bottle too so you only need a spritz or 2 to smell great. Too much of anything is no good so you don't need to go crazy with it. It does last a good amount of time which is another plus.

I even have the moisturizing hand sanitizer because I love it so much. I really recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got the new fine fragrance mist kind with the new packaging, and it's great~ The smell is nice and light, but sweet <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a Classic! I love this smell so much! It brings me back to my childhood and it reminds me of my mom. The scent is perfect for a summer day. It is light, girly, and floral. It has okay staying power, but when layered it lasts much longer. The formula has changed a bit over the years, but I still love it and will always repurchase it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks Sweet Pea Fine Fragrance Mist is their newly reformulated body spray, in one of the brand's most loved scents. Bath&BodyWorks also updated their description of Sweet Pea, calling a "fruity floral scent that evokes the intoxicating, floral infused breezes of the Mediterranean. I purchased the travel size version of this body spray for $3.34, on a 3/$10 deal. The regular retail price for the mini version is $6 for 3fl oz, the full size, 8 fl oz bottle is priced at $14. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand, and make their products in the USA.
Along with the reformulation, Bath&BodyWorks have also repackaged their fragrance mists. This makes me sad. I really liked the old packaging. It was minimalistic, plain, but chic. The new bottle is round, and made of transparent, hard plastic. Sweet Pea's bottle is a gradient, darkening from clear, to yellow, to green. The bottle features a bright pink flower, a more stylized version of the same Sweet Pea flower on the older bottles. There's another, lighter pin flower on the back of the bottle. It's a pretty details.
The clear plastic spray mechanism displeases me. It's pretty hard to spray. Much harder to use than the spritzer on the old bottle. I'm not sure if it's defective or if they're all like that.
Having been renamed "Fine Fragrance Mist", I was expecting the spray to come out in a finer spray (obvs). It does, much finer, so fine that it's almost a dry mist. It doesn't give the skin that wet feel most body sprays do. Not sure if like.
I'm not sure if Bath&BodyWorks reformulated the scent of Sweet Pea along with the body spray. It smells very different from the three other Sweet Pea products I have (shower gel, body lotion, pocket bac). Bath&BodyWorks lists Sweet Pea's scent notes as sweet pea, watery pear, logan berry, rhubarb as top notes, cyclamen, raspberry, and freesia as mid notes, and musk as the base notes. The Sweet Pea I know and love is very fruity, heavy on the pear and rasberry, with a light floralness. Its bright and happy, with a slight sourness to it.
The new Fine Fragrance Mist version of Sweet Pea is quite different. It smells heavily of alcohol when first sprayed on. Despite being a dryer body spray, it takes a long time to dry down from the alcohol to the actual scent. This isn't a problem I've ever had with any body spray brand. Once it does, I would never peg this scent as Sweet Pea. I asked my mum, who is admittedly not a Bath&BodyWorks aficionado, to smell the body spray, and compare it to the shower gel and body lotion, and she agrees that they smell nothing alike. So it's not just me having an olfactory failure.
Instead of the happy, light, fruity floral scent I was looking for, the "new" Sweet Pea is a heavy, sugary, musky, and very alcoholic. Actually the longer I smell it, it smells like a house hold cleaner or the like. Do not like. Really I should take it back. This has to be defective, that or Bath&BodyWorks secretly changed the scent, if so, man the pitchforks.

You know what else is real about about this new Fine Fragrance Mist? The lasting power. I can give myself several good spritzes of Sweet Pea, and not be able to smell it an hour later. Lolwat. Because of how often I need to reapply, I've gone through quite a lot of Sweet Pea already. Like I've gone through nearly as much of Sweet Pea in a few weeks, as I have gone through Midnight Pomegranate in 5 months, and I wear it nearly every day.
I have so many issues with Sweet Pea's Fine Fragrance Mist, none of which I ever had with any other body spray, especially one from Bath&BodyWorks. I'm really, really unhappy about this. I expect better quality from this brand. I'm considering taking this product back, and I definitely plan to talk to someone from Bath&BodyWorks about it. Has anyone else had bad experiences with the new Fine Fragrance Mists? Or did I just get a bad bottle?

on 2/15/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I remember this being THE scent during middle school and high school. It's what everyone wore for some reason and therefore sort of became a classic of B&BW along with Warm Sugar Vanilla one. That being said, I love both of them but at the same time they can get a little overwhelming. With this one, there is a very strong floral fruity scene that can get a little sickening if used to often. But all the same it's a wonderful scent, so refreshing and perfect for spring and summer. I haven't had this one in a long time but I'll probably have to go and get one. The one warning I can give is don't get this scent in a cheaper grocery store version. It will smell worse and very very cheap.

on 1/19/2012 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

it has a wonderful floral scent! it really makes me feel like i smelt an actual flower :) so yeah its great

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this body spray over the summer when B&BW were having a huge sale, got it for $3!
I'm picky when it comes to fragrances, I find most are so fruity that they smell like candy or too floral and granny-ish. Sweet pea is a lovely light fruity/floral combo that's not too sweet yet not too 'fresh'. I've been wearing it for months now and have recieved many compliments on it :)
Now that it's winter though, I'm thinking of trying Sensual Amber since I've read some great MUA reviews on it. Sweet Pea just feels a little to summery for me right now.

Popular Fragrances