Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Spray

Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Spray
Sweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea scent by Bath and Body Works

3.8

on 11/17/2013 4:09:00 PM

When I was young one of my moms friends who lived with us had this but in a perfume. I thought it was the best thing on earth. I would constantly sneak into the bathroom and pray some on when no one was around, I loved it that much. Over summer I bought three mini bottles and sweet pea was one of them. My mom didn't like it and said it gave her a head ache. I on the other hand absolutely loved it! It smells sexy in a way and is sweet and playful. My friends in p.e constantly ask for some and its a popular scent. I recommend it. !

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks Sweet Pea Fine Fragrance Mist is their newly reformulated body spray, in one of the brand's most loved scents. Bath&BodyWorks also updated their description of Sweet Pea, calling a "fruity floral scent that evokes the intoxicating, floral infused breezes of the Mediterranean. I purchased the travel size version of this body spray for $3.34, on a 3/$10 deal. The regular retail price for the mini version is $6 for 3fl oz, the full size, 8 fl oz bottle is priced at $14. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand, and make their products in the USA.
Along with the reformulation, Bath&BodyWorks have also repackaged their fragrance mists. This makes me sad. I really liked the old packaging. It was minimalistic, plain, but chic. The new bottle is round, and made of transparent, hard plastic. Sweet Pea's bottle is a gradient, darkening from clear, to yellow, to green. The bottle features a bright pink flower, a more stylized version of the same Sweet Pea flower on the older bottles. There's another, lighter pin flower on the back of the bottle. It's a pretty details.
The clear plastic spray mechanism displeases me. It's pretty hard to spray. Much harder to use than the spritzer on the old bottle. I'm not sure if it's defective or if they're all like that.
Having been renamed "Fine Fragrance Mist", I was expecting the spray to come out in a finer spray (obvs). It does, much finer, so fine that it's almost a dry mist. It doesn't give the skin that wet feel most body sprays do. Not sure if like.
I'm not sure if Bath&BodyWorks reformulated the scent of Sweet Pea along with the body spray. It smells very different from the three other Sweet Pea products I have (shower gel, body lotion, pocket bac). Bath&BodyWorks lists Sweet Pea's scent notes as sweet pea, watery pear, logan berry, rhubarb as top notes, cyclamen, raspberry, and freesia as mid notes, and musk as the base notes. The Sweet Pea I know and love is very fruity, heavy on the pear and rasberry, with a light floralness. Its bright and happy, with a slight sourness to it.
The new Fine Fragrance Mist version of Sweet Pea is quite different. It smells heavily of alcohol when first sprayed on. Despite being a dryer body spray, it takes a long time to dry down from the alcohol to the actual scent. This isn't a problem I've ever had with any body spray brand. Once it does, I would never peg this scent as Sweet Pea. I asked my mum, who is admittedly not a Bath&BodyWorks aficionado, to smell the body spray, and compare it to the shower gel and body lotion, and she agrees that they smell nothing alike. So it's not just me having an olfactory failure.
Instead of the happy, light, fruity floral scent I was looking for, the "new" Sweet Pea is a heavy, sugary, musky, and very alcoholic. Actually the longer I smell it, it smells like a house hold cleaner or the like. Do not like. Really I should take it back. This has to be defective, that or Bath&BodyWorks secretly changed the scent, if so, man the pitchforks.

You know what else is real about about this new Fine Fragrance Mist? The lasting power. I can give myself several good spritzes of Sweet Pea, and not be able to smell it an hour later. Lolwat. Because of how often I need to reapply, I've gone through quite a lot of Sweet Pea already. Like I've gone through nearly as much of Sweet Pea in a few weeks, as I have gone through Midnight Pomegranate in 5 months, and I wear it nearly every day.
I have so many issues with Sweet Pea's Fine Fragrance Mist, none of which I ever had with any other body spray, especially one from Bath&BodyWorks. I'm really, really unhappy about this. I expect better quality from this brand. I'm considering taking this product back, and I definitely plan to talk to someone from Bath&BodyWorks about it. Has anyone else had bad experiences with the new Fine Fragrance Mists? Or did I just get a bad bottle?

on 4/2/2012 2:29:00 PM

this scent is so feminine and light just love it

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS SCENT. its so sweet and light at the same time. i can wear this ANYWHERE litterally :]its so amazing. and i have the body cream also. its so girly yet it doesn't scare all the boys away ;) i would def. buy again.

on 6/7/2011 8:54:00 PM

Fruity and floral.....the fruity is king here. Together, the fragrance is fresh and light. It is also a little sweet for my taste.
It dries down to a fresh fragrance but, on me, it does not last long. Not the body spray, lotion or EDT. Basic BBW packaging. Nice for Spring, but I do think there are better Spring fragrances.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I read all of the negative reviews on here about this sweet pea fragrance, and let me just say that I CONCUR WITH ALL OF THEM!! The hype over this fragrance is ridiculous and it annoys the hell out of me. This fragrance is candy-sweet and boring! And it smells the same throughout the fragrance-there is NOTHING exciting about this scent. This is something that little girls or people who like simple, non-statement-making fragrances would wear, but for those who want something unique-this is a nightmare!

Edit 7/25/10:
So I have the travel size of this fragrance which I had thrown in a bag somewhere in my closet because of my previous feelings about this scent. On a whim, I sprayed some on because I guess some part of me still have hopes of liking this fragrance like I did as a teen. I'm giving it 3 lippies because when it dries down, the intense sweetness becomes less intense, and it then smells nice enough to wear casually. And that's my plan for this scent. To use it for more casual wear, but it's still nothing remarkable, yet it's nice enough-once the musk in the drydown tones it the hell down.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love this scent! It's very fresh and sweet. I think that it's perfect for everyday wear, especially in the spring/summer!

The smell is light and not over powering. Its one the few that I can wear without getting a headache after a few sprays!

I bought the fragrant water on sale for $12.50 (CND) for a 295 mL bottle! (Regular price $24 CND). Even at the regular price, I think it's worth it because you're getting so much of the product!

The packaging for the bottle is sleek and simple. The con for this particular bottle is that its very heavy and not something you can travel with or throw in your purse.

If you're looking for something to take around with you, I recommend the small travel size! (8.5 mL) (approx $9 CND)

on 1/10/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Every time I put this on, I think it's too sweet. However, after a few seconds I really start to like it. It's very floral and sweet to be sure but I find it comforting as well. I like to spritz this on before bed.

I've always loved the fragrances from Bath and Body Works. Well, I was browsing through their famous collection of fragrances, and this one caught my eye. It looked very pretty! The light, soft pink was intriguing, and it looked perfect for a young girl. Therefore, I bought it, with no regrets. The floral scent is sweet and refreshing, and it's not too strong. It doesn't burn your nostrils like some other fragrances do. It's perfect if you want a sweet smelling aura around you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I feel like this scent is very selective. I have a few friends who use this, and it smells feminine and lightly floral on them, but on me, it truly smells like a baby wipe and I absolutely abhor it. I think it's disgusting and I will never repurchase. Just because of my experience with it, I urge you to spray on your wrist and wait around for a bit before purchasing, because I've spoken with others who it had the same effect on.

Popular Fragrances