Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Spray

Sweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea scent by Bath and Body Works

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks Sweet Pea Fine Fragrance Mist is their newly reformulated body spray, in one of the brand's most loved scents. Bath&BodyWorks also updated their description of Sweet Pea, calling a "fruity floral scent that evokes the intoxicating, floral infused breezes of the Mediterranean. I purchased the travel size version of this body spray for $3.34, on a 3/$10 deal. The regular retail price for the mini version is $6 for 3fl oz, the full size, 8 fl oz bottle is priced at $14. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand, and make their products in the USA.
Along with the reformulation, Bath&BodyWorks have also repackaged their fragrance mists. This makes me sad. I really liked the old packaging. It was minimalistic, plain, but chic. The new bottle is round, and made of transparent, hard plastic. Sweet Pea's bottle is a gradient, darkening from clear, to yellow, to green. The bottle features a bright pink flower, a more stylized version of the same Sweet Pea flower on the older bottles. There's another, lighter pin flower on the back of the bottle. It's a pretty details.
The clear plastic spray mechanism displeases me. It's pretty hard to spray. Much harder to use than the spritzer on the old bottle. I'm not sure if it's defective or if they're all like that.
Having been renamed "Fine Fragrance Mist", I was expecting the spray to come out in a finer spray (obvs). It does, much finer, so fine that it's almost a dry mist. It doesn't give the skin that wet feel most body sprays do. Not sure if like.
I'm not sure if Bath&BodyWorks reformulated the scent of Sweet Pea along with the body spray. It smells very different from the three other Sweet Pea products I have (shower gel, body lotion, pocket bac). Bath&BodyWorks lists Sweet Pea's scent notes as sweet pea, watery pear, logan berry, rhubarb as top notes, cyclamen, raspberry, and freesia as mid notes, and musk as the base notes. The Sweet Pea I know and love is very fruity, heavy on the pear and rasberry, with a light floralness. Its bright and happy, with a slight sourness to it.
The new Fine Fragrance Mist version of Sweet Pea is quite different. It smells heavily of alcohol when first sprayed on. Despite being a dryer body spray, it takes a long time to dry down from the alcohol to the actual scent. This isn't a problem I've ever had with any body spray brand. Once it does, I would never peg this scent as Sweet Pea. I asked my mum, who is admittedly not a Bath&BodyWorks aficionado, to smell the body spray, and compare it to the shower gel and body lotion, and she agrees that they smell nothing alike. So it's not just me having an olfactory failure.
Instead of the happy, light, fruity floral scent I was looking for, the "new" Sweet Pea is a heavy, sugary, musky, and very alcoholic. Actually the longer I smell it, it smells like a house hold cleaner or the like. Do not like. Really I should take it back. This has to be defective, that or Bath&BodyWorks secretly changed the scent, if so, man the pitchforks.

You know what else is real about about this new Fine Fragrance Mist? The lasting power. I can give myself several good spritzes of Sweet Pea, and not be able to smell it an hour later. Lolwat. Because of how often I need to reapply, I've gone through quite a lot of Sweet Pea already. Like I've gone through nearly as much of Sweet Pea in a few weeks, as I have gone through Midnight Pomegranate in 5 months, and I wear it nearly every day.
I have so many issues with Sweet Pea's Fine Fragrance Mist, none of which I ever had with any other body spray, especially one from Bath&BodyWorks. I'm really, really unhappy about this. I expect better quality from this brand. I'm considering taking this product back, and I definitely plan to talk to someone from Bath&BodyWorks about it. Has anyone else had bad experiences with the new Fine Fragrance Mists? Or did I just get a bad bottle?

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have the travel size of this mist, which comes in a set of three with the other 2 travel size products (gel and lotion), which is is a great deal. I really like this scent in gel form, but for some reason, the spray is just too watered down. It doesn't smell floral and fresh like the shower gel, it smells kind of like Skittles. Not a bad scent, but just not floral like I was hoping for.

on 10/17/2014 5:05:00 PM

This smell is such a fresh girly smell, I love it. It has such a unique, memorable fragrance. I had no idea sweet peas smelt so nice! Will definitely buy this fragrance again! (the wallflower is also lovely too!)

on 11/17/2013 4:09:00 PM

When I was young one of my moms friends who lived with us had this but in a perfume. I thought it was the best thing on earth. I would constantly sneak into the bathroom and pray some on when no one was around, I loved it that much. Over summer I bought three mini bottles and sweet pea was one of them. My mom didn't like it and said it gave her a head ache. I on the other hand absolutely loved it! It smells sexy in a way and is sweet and playful. My friends in p.e constantly ask for some and its a popular scent. I recommend it. !

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG spray I've already gone threw a full one with in 6 months and I use it everyday!
I get compliments from people of all ages!,it's not to strong just a light mist but it last all day!
This is the only floral type sent I'd ever wear! It's calming and sweet perfect for all ages and any event. I recommend this to all my friends I can't live with out it it's my signature sent
The packaging is a step up from what it use to be and the price is not bad at all! What are you waiting for go buy it already!

on 8/9/2016 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is one of b&bw best scents. It's a nice spring and summer floral fragrance. It's sweet enough but not cloying in the heat. I find it refreshing, posh, and girly.

on 5/21/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a Christmas gift, and now it's almost out! There were no complaints when I wore this to my college. It has a nice stubble, everyday scent that comes off as sweet and feminine.

Perfect for the younger girls who are dabbling into fragrance!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

The ultimate girly scent. It's sweet, floral, fruity, and light all in one. Its definitely one of my favorites from B&BW, and I pray that they never discontinue it, but I doubt they would since it sells so well. You wouldn't believe the amount of compliments I get when I wear this. You need to try this if you haven't already, it smells AMAZINGG (:

on 10/24/2012 3:15:00 PM

Love Sweet Pea I have a travel one in my bag right now. Whenever I want to feel fresh I spray this. It's a great scent that really won't offend to many noses because it's not super sweet it's beautiful light and fresh. I use this when I need something on me cause I don't like not smelling like something.
It's not my daily fragrance but one I do use a lot especially at the end of Summer this scent just was so perfect in the August heat.Now that it's Fall I am using a light musk but I have to give my love to this scent. When I go to B&B my nose can get really confused with all the scents.

Not sweet pea though it's always one I can discern from the others. I will always buy this from Bath and Bodyworks it's a great scent to have in your bag or whenever you need a nice light scent. It's a nice pump bottle too so you only need a spritz or 2 to smell great. Too much of anything is no good so you don't need to go crazy with it. It does last a good amount of time which is another plus.

I even have the moisturizing hand sanitizer because I love it so much. I really recommend this.

I have to say that this fragrance is probably one of my top favorites from BBW. I own this in body butter, wallflower refills, fragrance mist and hand sanitizer. The fragrance mist was $5 during the 2011 winter SAS. I IMMEDIATELY snagged it. I'm wondering why I never gave this scent a chance! This scent is perfect for spring or anytime of the year. The only thing I have against it, the scent tends to die down after 2 hours or so. I can't really smell it after a day of wear. I hope they can improve the quality. Other than that, it's really sweet and light. My wallflower in my bedroom is really strong and I don't mind that one bit. I will be buying this scent in more body care products soon. :)

Popular Fragrances