Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I needed a scrub and decided to try this one. It is creamy but the peach pit bits are too large to exfoliate well. It has a nice scent which is not too overwhelming. It leaves my face soft and smooth but there are better scrubs out there on the market. It is easy to apply and wipe out. It is an affordable scrub with none of these harmful chemicals such as Parabens, Phthalates or Petrochemicals. If you are looking for something natural and affordable this one is the one to go for.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I usually love Burt's Bees and was looking forward to trying this, but when I did it dried my out for days! It was fine when applying it (although there wasn't enough peach pit bits to really ~exfoliate~ much) but the next day I noticed I was flaking all over the place. It took three days and a ton of moisturizer to get it back to normal. This may be fine for oily skin, but for my very dry, sensitive skin it was a mess.

Edit: I started using this as a body scrub since it was too harsh for my face, and it has really minimized the keratosis pilaris on my arms, so that's one good thing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted an exfoliating scrub that did not have plastic beads in it, so I went with this one. This has bits of peach pit in it to exfoliate, which can be a little rough on the skin but I don't mind that. There just aren't that many of them in there, and they stick to your hands and go between your fingers more than on your face. It's annoying, because it feels like you're trying to spread like five little bits of peach pit around your whole face. And like other comments have said, it does leave a weird waxy kind of feeling on your skin. Overall, this was a fail.

on 8/24/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My mom had been using this product since she found out the scrub she'd been using was discontinued. I have very sensitive skin and I have Keratosis Pilarus on my arms, cheeks and legs. I needed a gentle scrub that wouldn't aggaravate my keratosis, but would clean out my pores. I decided to try this and it has worked amazingly with my skin. I've been using this product for nearly 3 months now and my Keratosis Pilarus has decreased and the blotchiness has been going away over time as well. If you have Keratosis Pilarus and are worried about finding a good enough scrub/ face wash that is gentle to your Keratossis Pilarus, as well as cleaning out your pores, you should definetly try this scrub. You will not be disappointed with the results over time!! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for a good exfoliating cleanser that wouldn't be too harsh on my face and decided to give this a try. When I used it the beads were too large to actually doing any exfoliating. I do love the peach scent and its very creamy and soft. I'm thinking of just adding some sugar to my hand with the cleanser to get that good scrub.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging is so pretty I was so excited to hop in the shower and see what it was all about. The excitement ended rather quickly.... I oozed some out and slathered some on, it felt like I was lathering lotion on my face not scrub!! yuck. It was waxy and oily. The pieces of pit were too big imo ... they almost hurt. The product left a weird feeling on my face.

I used this about 3/4 times before I stopped. I even used bar of soap to get the oily waxy feeling off my face.

The pros, I like that its natural, cruelty free (that's my main concern) and the smell is actually nice! The product bottle is too. My hats off to burst bees for trying and staying nature

Cheers

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

First of all, the pieces in this product are not willowbark. They are peach pit. I do like the lotion texture of this product, but the exfoliating bits are too big and there aren't enough of them. I like a denser scrub. The willowbark is salicylic acid, so you are getting a little chemical exfoliation there if you leave it on long enough. I got this in a holiday set on clearance. I won't repurchase this.

on 12/27/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not user why this product is rated so badly, I love it! I love the scent, it's unlike anything I've ever smelled in a face wash. The willowbark is very chunky and almost too large to be an exfoliator, but if you rub softly, I actually like it. My overall skin glow, pore size, and acne amount have improved since adding this product to my regimen. It's not some crazy miracle product, but it does feel very cleansing. I think it's at least worth a shot.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Pass on this product - it's a non-drying cream cleanser, but the rough pieces of willowbark will scratch your skin, rather than exfoliate. I don't think the particles are fine enough to evenly release dead skin cells, and there are too few of them to boot.

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I wanted to try a new face scrub and when I went to Walmart whilst traveling in the USA (I don't live there), I picked this one up. I know my friend has some Burt's Bees stuff and it seems pretty good, so why not? But I was let down I must say. The texture is like a lotion with a few hard pieces that scratch your skin. Perhaps it works for some, but I don't feel like it does much. My skin is kind of the same afterwards (although I have quite clear skin to begin with, luckily). It's not bad, but it's worth buying. I stick to my Neutrogena facial scrub.