Bobbi Brown Tawny Shimmerbrick and Lip Kit

No Image

4.9

on 7/4/2011 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this! Got it on ebay for $19 on a whim. I have not used the lip colors at all (need a brush and am too lazy). But the shimmer brick is lovely. I never thught it'd look good on me given my coloring but it does. Gives lovely glow when quickly applied like a bronzer. They're shimmery but OK for daytime use. Love it!

on 6/25/2008 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Can someone please tell me how this stuff on(brown skinned girl with dark brown eyes).I must be doing something wrong because it doesn't look too good on me.Its too faint to be an eyeshadow and its hardly visible on my cheeks.I really want that GLOW.Help!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

When this came out I died. It's ridiculously beautiful on everyone I've put it on. I wore it on my eyes, cheeks, and rocked the hell out of the lip colors. But I was told that the product itself didn't sell well at all. I think customers were afraid to buy it cause of the lip colors it came with which were in fact lip sheers that just show a tint of color. Maybe bobbi will come to her senses and make it a permanent shimmerbrick.

on 3/29/2008 5:24:00 PM

The best BB shimmerbrick I've tried so far. I was afraid the lip colors would be too dark for me but they look very natural. The shimmerbrick I use all over my face for a bronzed look and I lightly apply to my eyelids too for a nice warm glow. Can easily be over applied if not careful but with a light hand it's excellent and worth every penny.

on 1/9/2008 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just wanted to rave about this product. I have written a review in over 2 years, but this product inspired me. I'm a PPP, and I love that this is pigmented enough to be a blush. I love BB's Tawny blush, but I like this even more. The shade is a perfect neutral, and the amount of shimmer is perfect. It adds a glow without resulting in a disco-ball glitter fest.

Now for the lips. I have only tried the 2 glosses. Again, very nice. Pigmented enough for me. Long wearing, moisturizing and gorgeous. The kit is worth it to me. Of course, I got it at a CCO for $38. Worth every penny.

on 12/21/2007 12:28:00 PM

After a disappointing experience with the Bronze and Rose shimmerbricks and a so-so experience with Apricot, I doubted I would buy another shimmerbrick again. But as Bobbi Brown held a sale here in our country (oh yes, they put items on sale by 50% off the price!) I decided to buy the Tawny shimmerbrick and lip kit. (It helps that Tawny's my absolute favorite blush from BB). I like the Tawny shimmerbrick's less gritty and less shimmery texture because as it used to emphasize my pores in the past, it now goes on as a finer blush on my cheeks. And did I mention that all the lip colors in the kit are perfect for my coloring (NC30 and BB Warm Sand)? The Rum gloss is so pretty and does not look too dark on my coloring, and goes very well with the shimmerbrick's shade. I am loving this and will buy it again - I hope it goes on sale again when that time comes! ;)

on 11/30/2007 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this shimmerbrick! I find that it works very well with my warm skin tone, much better than the pink/peony shimmerbricks do. As with all of the shimmerbricks, it is a bit frosty, but I find that it is not OTT and gives a really nice warm glow. It is the perfect finishing touch for my nighttime "going out" look and makes me look glowing. The lip products are also completely worth it too! I love the two lip glosses, pink mocha and rum, as well as the lip sheers in buff and rosy. There are a few different lip looks you can achieve from the 4 different colors by layering the lip sheers with the glosses or by wearing them separately. My favorite is Pink Mocha....its beautiful :-D The best part, in my opinion, is that you know that the lip colors match the shimmerbrick perfectly because they were placed in the palette as coordinating shades, so it takes part of the guesswork out of getting ready!

I love it for all the previous reasons other posters posted. I am latina with yellow undertones and so far this shimmer brick applied over my tawny or sand pink BB blush gives me glowing, radiant cheecks. I am so glad I exchanged this for my gold SB,( which even when BB says everyone can wear gold, didn't work for me).
I gave it a four because is a LE (bummer) and most important, because I almost finished the lip colors while I have left more than 2/3 of the SB, so I don't find amusement on carrying the compact with the upper tray/empty wells around, nor there is a way to dispose off the tray once you finished them.
I already bought rosy sheer lip color, yes I liked the color that much, and also wish she had that buff sheer lip color as part of her regular line, as I find it very flattering on my latino lips :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love how this looks on me! But I think $55 is a bit too pricey and I wish it will be a permanent selection because I am not too crazy about the lip colors.

on 5/28/2007 6:00:00 PM

I tried this simmerbrick on a whim and it turned out to be one of the best makeup palette purchases Iíve made. The SB gives me a subtle glow and the lip colors are very wearable. The brick is going to last me a very long time as I only need a little bit. I certainly hope this becomes a permanent part of the collection. I love this!

Popular Blush Products