L'Oreal Color Riche in Cinnamon Toast

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

on 10/6/2017 10:34:00 AM

I have this personal quest to find that perfect red-brown lipstick. A warm red that's not too bright, tempered by a medium brown presence. So that's what my goal was when buying this lipstick.

First of all, it is a brown-red, or as some others here described it, a brown with hints of coral, or a rusty brown. I'd say those descriptions all fit. Personally I wish it was just a tiny bit more red, but overall this is a good lipstick. To get that dream red-brown, I tend to apply this and just add a tiniest bit of L'Oréal's Mad for Matte (the Le Matte line) and blend. (Can you tell I'm obsessed with lipstick?) Or I apply the Cinnamon Toast and blot it down and then my lips get a natural wash of color. Fully applied, it's nice, too. It's a lovely fall color, and it's a bit different from my collection of mostly pink-nude lipsticks.

There's a slight scent with this, but not super strong. It's creamy and comfortable. It doesn't really migrate or bleed for me. Is it super long lasting? Not quite, because it's a crème formula, but it's good.

The packaging is the same that L'Oréal has had for a long time for this particular line. It's nice, but once it gets a bit scratched from being in a purse or makeup bag, it looks cheapened. But the contents are still good, which is what counts. I happened to get it on sale at Kroger for something like $6 so it's a good purchase for that price especially.

on 7/11/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this for the color on the tube & even though it looked different than when applied on my lips, I loved it more! Instead of a dark red-brown, it appears rusty red-brown on me which is kinda similar to my ugly natural lip color but enhances it in a more luxurious way that adds plenty of hydrating & rich color.

I want to try other colors but like with most lipsticks, it transfers extremely easily.