L'Oreal Paris Color Riche in Cinnamon Toast

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

on 10/6/2017 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this personal quest to find that perfect red-brown lipstick. A warm red that's not too bright, tempered by a medium brown presence. So that's what my goal was when buying this lipstick.

First of all, it is a brown-red, or as some others here described it, a brown with hints of coral, or a rusty brown. I'd say those descriptions all fit. Personally I wish it was just a tiny bit more red, but overall this is a good lipstick. To get that dream red-brown, I tend to apply this and just add a tiniest bit of L'Oréal's Mad for Matte (the Le Matte line) and blend. (Can you tell I'm obsessed with lipstick?) Or I apply the Cinnamon Toast and blot it down and then my lips get a natural wash of color. Fully applied, it's nice, too. It's a lovely fall color, and it's a bit different from my collection of mostly pink-nude lipsticks.

There's a slight scent with this, but not super strong. It's creamy and comfortable. It doesn't really migrate or bleed for me. Is it super long lasting? Not quite, because it's a crème formula, but it's good.

The packaging is the same that L'Oréal has had for a long time for this particular line. It's nice, but once it gets a bit scratched from being in a purse or makeup bag, it looks cheapened. But the contents are still good, which is what counts. I happened to get it on sale at Kroger for something like $6 so it's a good purchase for that price especially.

on 5/20/2012 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have the Indian version of this shade (released as part of the new "Celebrating India: Colour Riche Indian Shades" collection, advertised by Sonam Kapoor) and I think it is slightly different than the version sold overseas. I found this shade to be more of a true brown, without much red undertone. Although this could also just be the result of my own colouring. Either way the shade is nice, fairly basic and quite flattering. I love the Colour Riche formula, the feel/texture, staying power, and application are just perfect! Overall I like this lipstick and would probably buy it again.