L'Oreal Color Riche in Cinnamon Toast

No Image

on 2/2/2007 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Aside from NYC, this is the only drugstore lipstick I own. I have a very hard time matching colors without testing them first, so I tend to only by high-end lipstick. In any case, this is a gorgeous daytime red, it's kind of a rusty-brown red, and I've gotten so many compliments on the color. I don't mind the smell, which is the L'oreal scent (kind of sweet smelling) but the texture isn't the best and can be drying, but a lot of my high-end lipsticks are like that too. The packaging is ok, but the gold outer layer chips in your makeup bag, making it look even cheaper than it already is. (NC37/MMM/Oily)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For years, Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Coffee was my everyday lipstick -- it was a nice, bold red with brown undertones that worked well with my light skin and auburn hair. When they reformulated the color to some kind of awful pale orange, I was crushed and went looking for a dupe... This lipstick is the closest I've come yet. The consistency is nice and thick, and it gives a good matte coverage that lasts longer than a lot of other drugstore brands. It's not my HG, but it works for the price as an everyday staple.

on 1/3/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a great red lipstick for me! For reference, I have light olive skin, and L'Oreal's Sunset Red, which is one of their darker reds, is too bright for my taste. This is such a gorgeous brownish-red that I can wear anytime with anything. It is a creamy, deeply pigmented color that doesn't bleed, although it transfers easily, but all the Color Riches do, in my experience. I don't mind that, because I don't mind touching up this gorgeous color!

on 5/20/2012 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have the Indian version of this shade (released as part of the new "Celebrating India: Colour Riche Indian Shades" collection, advertised by Sonam Kapoor) and I think it is slightly different than the version sold overseas. I found this shade to be more of a true brown, without much red undertone. Although this could also just be the result of my own colouring. Either way the shade is nice, fairly basic and quite flattering. I love the Colour Riche formula, the feel/texture, staying power, and application are just perfect! Overall I like this lipstick and would probably buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a brown lipstick with coral undertones. It is the only lipstick with coral undertones that looks somewhat natural on me (otherwise I have to put on a ton of heavy coverage makeup. Normally I wear reds, fushias and mauves). Its not completely opaque and has a glossy (but not sticky) finish. The formula is not incredibly long lasting, but thats ok. It has a light floral scent and the formula slightly plumps my lips without feeling tingly or painful. After looking around at high-end lipsticks at department stores, I was pleasantly surprised by this lipstick.

on 7/11/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this for the color on the tube & even though it looked different than when applied on my lips, I loved it more! Instead of a dark red-brown, it appears rusty red-brown on me which is kinda similar to my ugly natural lip color but enhances it in a more luxurious way that adds plenty of hydrating & rich color.

I want to try other colors but like with most lipsticks, it transfers extremely easily.

on 10/6/2017 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this personal quest to find that perfect red-brown lipstick. A warm red that's not too bright, tempered by a medium brown presence. So that's what my goal was when buying this lipstick.

First of all, it is a brown-red, or as some others here described it, a brown with hints of coral, or a rusty brown. I'd say those descriptions all fit. Personally I wish it was just a tiny bit more red, but overall this is a good lipstick. To get that dream red-brown, I tend to apply this and just add a tiniest bit of L'Oréal's Mad for Matte (the Le Matte line) and blend. (Can you tell I'm obsessed with lipstick?) Or I apply the Cinnamon Toast and blot it down and then my lips get a natural wash of color. Fully applied, it's nice, too. It's a lovely fall color, and it's a bit different from my collection of mostly pink-nude lipsticks.

There's a slight scent with this, but not super strong. It's creamy and comfortable. It doesn't really migrate or bleed for me. Is it super long lasting? Not quite, because it's a crème formula, but it's good.

The packaging is the same that L'Oréal has had for a long time for this particular line. It's nice, but once it gets a bit scratched from being in a purse or makeup bag, it looks cheapened. But the contents are still good, which is what counts. I happened to get it on sale at Kroger for something like $6 so it's a good purchase for that price especially.

Popular Lipsticks