Differin Acne Treatment Gel

Differin Acne Treatment Gel

3.9

on 9/27/2018 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

After finding this I will not be with out it. Always hav exta tube along with the mositurizer. Spent years and years trying to find something to stop breakouts. Helped more than anything else and I tried it all. Just so happens I am in my 60's and still hav breakouts if I don't use this. It is not harsh and I follow with differin mositurizer. Only products I hav ever stuck with ever.

on 7/24/2018 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This gel made my skin rougher, drier, oiler and pimples multiplied. Since I stopped using this my skin is slowly getting better.

on 12/14/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

I used this product for 10 months. It had no effect on breakouts or blackheads (however, I don't suffer from severe symptoms; I'm just chasing that unicorn of "perfect" skin). Differin did give me an "orange peel" texture on my forehead and cheek area, which still hasn't completely gone away. I will not purchase simply because it was an extra step in my routine that did nothing beneficial for me, unfortunately.

on 10/25/2017 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Such a game changer. I’m going on 28 and have been battling acne since the age of 12. This has dramatically reduced my redness, cystic acne around the jaw and hairline and helped smooth the overall appearance of my skin.

Pros, it doesn’t have a noticeable scent, or even that heinous, “scent free” chemical scent. It applies smoothly, the 0.5oz tube lasts a long time and it’s easy to get out of the tube.

Cons, it is expensive for an OTC acne treatment, it will dry out your skin and cause serious flaking if you jump right into using it. It’s still packaged like a medicated tube of acne medicine.

I would suggest starting out smoothing on a pea sized drop once or twice a week after applying moisturizer and then work your way up to every day if necessary. I still use moisturizer before applying, simply because my nose and my chin area can get very dry and even with moisturizing I have noticed dry patches in those areas.

on 9/17/2017 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can truly say I think I've finally found the cure to my acne after years of misery and embarrassment. ANYONE who feels like they have tried everything besides accutane (which i refused to use), please give this a try. Obviously, its not an overnight thing, give it a few weeks! My acne would be cystic and painful, and would always reside under my cheekbones, and contouring my face would always be the worst part of my make up routine. The way the directed use with this stuff is has cut my skincare regimen in half. I cut out any salicylic acids/harsh products and just let the adapalene do it's job. I haven't seen my skin this clear since I was in high school, it honestly puts me all up in my feels how much my skin has improved. My skin is almost 100%! This stuff has allowed me to be able to start the process of evening out dark spots and scarring. I am so thankful for this product, and I'm begging you guys to give it a try! <3
side note:
1. STOP PICKING YOUR FACE!!!!! The dramatic improvement I saw from this product made me leave my face alone. I used to pop and pop and pick and pick and my skin would look angry, and my acne would swell. Whenever I pick my face now, I instantly regret it because my skin looked great until I started messing with it!!
2. Use an SPF with this stuff, your skin gets a bit sensitive to UV. I've began using Bareminerals Bareskin spf 20 for some protection.
3. Definitely use before bed! I put this stuff on after a good gentle cleansing and my witch hazel toner. Retinoids, for me, have always been so much more effective as a before bed product.
4. Try to cut out harsh drying products! This stuff has trained me to not over do it (I used to be so guilty of this) I use dermalogica gentle calming cleanser, I also did buy Differin's cleansing wash as well. I seldom use benzoyl peroxide products, maybe for the occasional mask or spot treatment, but my skin is loving the adapalene, that's really all it needs now.
Good luck everyone, I hope this stuff works miracles on you too! xoxo

on 8/17/2017 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

So far (3 weeks) I notice this makes my skin smoother, more sensitive, and also makes breakouts come to the surface faster than usual. Not overnight or anything, but breakouts do come to a head faster.

Sadly, this does not prevent breakouts from cosmetics. If I put on a problematic powder, foundation, or sunscreen, I WILL get pimples from it as per usual.

The way I apply this is after moisturizer at night. I wash my face, put either Differin Balancing moisturizer or Vanicream Light lotion on damp skin, let that set/dry, and then I put on a layer of differin gel all over. After a minute or so I dab either PC 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide, or 10% BENZOYL peroxide Persagel. I far prefer the 10% as my face is a frigging mess of breakouts at the moment. I can tell its getting better though, which is at least a relief from the annoyance of getting wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and acne at the same time.

Using this makes my usual chemical sunscreens burn a little, but I still use them because I tried switching to FOUR different mineral sunscreens and they all caused me breakouts and some burned my face (Neostrata, Neutrogena, Clinique, Paulas Choice), setting me back in the improvements I was seeing with the aid of differin gel.

I plan on sticking with this for at least 3 months. Hopefully this works.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have oily skin prone to clogged pores and pimples. Salicylic acid products and Benzoyl Peroxide didn't work and irritated my skin. This used to be a prescription but is now sold over the counter. I buy it at the drugstore for $13.99. It's a Retinoid product. It takes about 3 months used once a day at bedtime to see dramatic results on a face full of acne. After one month of using...wow! First summer not one pimple and it's curing my clogged pores. Make sure you wear a sunscreen during the day because your skin will be more sensitive in the sun. It gently peels off the dead skin on your face. I've finally found something that really works and it's cheaper in the long run. If you break out, say goodbye to pimples.

on 7/15/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Fixed all my acne problems!!

on 7/12/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a game changer! My skin looks incredible. I only wish this were made over the counter sooner! Would have saved my skin some fuss in my 20s. I had horrible horrible acne during my pregnancy, I didn't use this then as it's not recommended if you are pregnant or bf, but! This has dramatically cleared up residual hormonal (v stubborn cystic) acne and lightened all the hyperpigmentation left over from pregnancy. If you use this you need to drink LOTS of water though! It will make you less likely to peel. I started a few nights a week and then worked myself up to every other night (eventually rotating nights with The Ordinary's 5% lactic acid + HA serum 👌.) Love this! I buy it every time I see it on sale. Had the best luck with sale prices on Amazon ;).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have basically tried ever single acne treatment on the market, and this is the best thing I've ever used. The main ingredient, Adapalene, does wonders for my troublesome skin. It goes straight to the source and starts to get rid of it that way. I've used it for about 3-4 months now and the results are amazing. You can get a small tube of this at Walgreen's for $8 and it's worth every penny! You will experience some dryness when you first start using it, but it will go away eventually.