Differin Gel

Filtered by skin type : Other
 Differin Gel

4.1

DIFFERIN Cream 0.01

I typically have normal skin, I am 34, but I have cystic acne on my chin. This began at 23ish..but i think its mostly stress related.
I am generally a very healthy eater. I dont normally ever have gluten or refined sugar and the dairy I would consume would typically be considered healthy greek yogurt, or natural plain yogurt etc..you catch my drift. Although I have now for the past 1-2 months have cut it totally out. Slight difference not a whole lot.

Went to the doctor asked about accutane he said yes it works, but the acne would come back! whats the point then!! so I decided not to go ahead plus its not that severe.

I have been taking Zinc Gluconate on and off, this time it isnt working, so he gave me Differin cream its a low dose, BUT ITS WORKING :) most of the acne is coming to a head and leaving...finally! Its nice to see that my pores are being unclogged I guess..also NO peeling or redness I used it for 4-5 days straight then took a few days off just in case..and yup it looks a touch better.

I also used coconut oil and Clinque turnaround radiance renewer new and old kind I have both and Neutrogena 3in1 hyrdrating cream, bought because of beautypedia $12.99 at shoppers drug mart its not discontinued in Toronto I guess. I will probably be getting the Differin again although this is the first time in my life I didnt have benefits and I paid $130 thats crazy!:( BTW Cetaphil is made by the same company thats why they try to tell you to use it in conjunction I am assuming for some people. I don't like it, well I tried when this all started and I didnt so...ya years later now I use CeraVe. :)

on 4/2/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have always suffered with bad acne and have tried so many different medications for it benzel peroxide ect. But I went to my gp & explained how depressed my acne was making me feel and making my appearance effect my life. She suggested this gel formula, warned me it would make my skin sensitive. At first I broke out really bad and my skin was so sore I couldn't appy my foundation or primer it was a night mare. But I've used this for a year now, and I look completely different my skin is almost completely clear, scars are practically gone but still have the odd red spot or cluster of cysts that develop on my cheeks. I used elemis cleanser and apply this only to my cheeks now before I go to bed, as soon as I wake up I splash and dry my face and apply my moisturiser. At first I needed to use lots of moisturiser as my skin felt super dry, but now it's fine and I'm back to my usual beauty routine with my spots at bay. My gel came in a tube and a screw lid and its a medicine so the packaging isn't OMG IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL it's just a white tube ... !

I've been on differin 0.1 gel for 2 months,and it has cleared my skin a bit,but i'm getting a few more pimples in spots i never used to get them.It caused my skin to be really dry and flaky at first and i still get it a little bit.It's hard to tell if its going to completly clear my skin or not,but i've heard you have to be patient.So i'm going to keep using it for a few more months.Overall i do like differin,you just have to be patient to see results (my doctor also told me this)

on 1/20/2013 6:08:00 PM

I never write reviews but when I was searching for a solution to my cystic acne I promised myself I would if I found a product that worked. Over the past 20 years I've tried oral antibiotics, Accutane, benzol peroxide, salicyc acid, and nothing has helped like Differin did (other than the pill which does work wonders but which I stopped taking several years ago). Differin does cause an awful purge for the first 8-12 weeks but you just need to stick with it.

on 1/5/2013 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I've had persistent cystic acne on my chin for the last 7 years or so, and I really, really wanted this to work. Instead it's been like a bad relationship that I just can't quit. After 8 months of dedicated use, at best, it did not do much of anything (except cause these tiny clogs on the side of my face, so I started to apply to my chin only). But a few days ago, a planet started growing in the middle of my chin, and in my panic and desperation, I grabbed my Differin to give it yet another chance. I don't know what happened, maybe I applied too much, but by the next morning, the planet had spawned its own galaxy and taken over my entire chin. No joke, my chin and lower lip were so red and swollen that it actually hurt to talk. It's been two days now, and I've been icing it and taking ibuprofen to bring down the swelling, which has helped some, but wow. I think I'm finally breaking up with you for good, Differin. You and me are just no good.

on 3/11/2012 11:54:00 PM

I had a tube of this for 4-5 years and have tried to use it 3/4 times n everytime I gave up coz of the purging n irritation. Recently I have it a go again because my skin just wouldn't improve with anything else n I was desperate. I researched thoroughly n for the first time I m using it correctly. I use a tiny and I mean very tiny amount over my face acne prone areas at night and alot of moisturizer. The breakout started but I persisted and for the first time I'm seeing dramatic improvement. It's wk 5 now n since wk 3-4 I've seen dramatic improvements. I should have persisted with this previously n used it correctly, such a waste of time n money the last few yrs experimenting with wrong products n even resorting to laser therapy!! All I should have done was use sparingly and with persistence n alot of moisturizer!!! Excited to see how it will continue to improve from wk 8 onwards.

on 8/3/2011 7:17:00 PM

I have used Differin 0.1% gel cream for almost 4 years. My skin is oily, acne-prone, huge pores, occasional cystic acne, etc.

In the beginning, my skin was very sensitive. Initial breakout was bad, after months I noticed a difference. Differin would get rid of acne within the week, faster than just using my salicylic acid cleanser.

Skin is very sensitive to sun, must wear SPF. Differin does dry out my skin, moisturizer is key (I use pond's). I use Cetaphil cleanser since it is from the same company as Differin. *note: you should not use a salicylic acid cleanser as stated w/the product, benzoyle peroxide is okay*

My skin is clearer than it was back then, I still get some acne due to stress, hormones, lazy days. I still have bumps on forehead, sides of cheeks, w/occasional cystic acne. I find that differin clears up my stress,hormonal acne. Keeps it in control.

1 tube lasts almost 5 mon. - year. Skin texture is smoother. Acne scars lighten up within the month.

Still sticking to Differin, just trying out different cleansers to see if skin will be 100% clear.

I was on a course of accutane approximately two years ago that cleared my skin right up - not a single spot, and the medication dramatically reduced my skin oiliness. Two years on, and my skin has been started to get more spots, but my dermatologist thought a topical solution would be better rather than an additional course of accutane.

I've only been using the differin gel at night for over a week, but it has been great. I thankfully have not yet experienced the initial breakout, and my existing spots have dried up. In addition, my skin has started to look more glowy and toned.

Previous to my accutane treatment, topical solutions did not work for me at all and accutane was the only thing that worked. However, post accutane, I am finding that differin is working well and I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GREAT PRODUCT! It's no miracle worker, but then let's be realistic here, no product is going to cure every pimple. But this product has helped clear up my skin heaps. I'm on antibiotics and use clinique's anti-blemish solutions also, but differin still makes a difference. Will keep using till I'm acne-free!

on 2/14/2010 1:23:00 PM

I bought this buck for 26 Singapore dollars and I heard you can get it at 20 dollars at CGH.
I have a love hate relationship with this.
When I first started using it, it made me peel, breakout and I had perfect skin after that in 2 months or less. So I started to get lazy and decided to stop using it...
Now that I have gone back on the product for almost 2 months it doesn't seem to be that effective as it first was where it purged my pimple.. I don't know. It's been 2 months and I'm still trying.
A week ago, I tried this with benzoyl peroxide and it STINGED like hell and killed 2 pimples bumps I had immediately!! After that I started peeling like crazy. And when I peeled the hyperpigmentation faded slightly. :)
Ooh But my skin was red for 2 days?? And that's coming from someone who doesn't really have sensitive skin.
I'm still using this now. Will update! :)