Dior Diorific Lipstick in Brun Mascotte aka Bungee Brown

No Image

4.3

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Lovely orange based red. Vibrant yet elegant. Snazzo gold baubly packaging. Stays colour true, doesn't fade, doesn't bleed. Matte but doesn't dry out or create darker creases or patching the way that many matte lipsticks tend to do. This is a top quality product. No negatives to report at all. Will purchase more in this range, worth the £23(ish) cost for sure.

I love the staying power of this lipstick and how beautiful and elegant the gold packaging is. Although the lipstick can be a bit drying, it usually works fine if used underneath a moisturizing red lipstick or top it with a gloss. Great Color, staying power. Awful plastic smell.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was one of my favourite going-out reds a few years ago when my complexion was lighter. It's not a brown at all—it's a deep rich red with warm undertones, very flattering on warm-toned complexions and guaranteed not to go fuschia or look garish. However, I'm a touch too dark to wear it now (have gone from a Px Vellum to a Px Sand) without it ageing me noticeably, so I no longer reach for it. The comfortable satin texture and rich fade-proof pigmentation are superb, as with all the Diorific lipstick range. It's not at all drying on my dry-ish lips, and paired with a lipliner (I like the Diorliner 980 in red), it never bleeds or feathers on me. And I love the over-the-top packaging—an unabashedly phallic, heavy chunky gold tube with bulbed ends.

Popular Lipsticks