TiGi S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

TiGi S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Dethylhexanoate, Disopropyl Adipate, Disopropyl Sebacate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool

About my hair- Hip long, wavy, dry, dull, tons of fly-aways; Overall just damaged and unhealthy..that is IF I don't style it. Once I do, its a complete 180. In fact, I get tons of compliments on the daily! Some even asking if my hair is "real". Its really with the help of this product that makes me achieve that sleek, dark straight look.

Not only is this a heat protector, and the best one at that...its also a heat styling oil. And that is exactly what I love! This is perfect for damaged and thirsty hair! It quenches by adding luster, moisture, and shine. The perfect substance to act as a " steam-presser".

The smell is candy sweet watermelon. Several have complained about the smell being too sweet,
but would a burned smell be better then? No. I think the fragrance is perfect and light, and eventually it starts to linger into a fresh "just got out of the salon" smell.

Unlike other so called heat-protectors, this will never make your hair crispy, lifeless and smelly. It adds bounce, luster and shine!! After using several other ones in the past, it pained me to hear my hair bubbling and popping. That is not supposed to happen!! That will never happen with the Tigi S Factor Heat Defender. I've been looking for a product just like this for YEARS. I feel so fortunate to have found it and highly recommend it<3 This is a must-have for people who flat-iron on the daily! Its such a high performing product for only 15 dollars off eBay. Spritz lightly and you'll achieve beautifully, quenched sleek hair. I will never stop raving about this product. I'm in love! <3 Thank you Tigi for making this!

This is my absolute go-to product for heat styling. I have used this for several years now and it never disappoints! The smell is incredible (like strawberry candy) and it does a really nice job of making my hair feel silky after flat ironing. You also do not need to use a lot of product to get good results. I have tried numerous other heat protectant sprays (G2B, CHI, etc.) and this one outperforms them all. It never leaves my hair feeling crispy. While the price tag on it is a bit high (just over $30), I did find it on Amazon for half price! Also, whenever I apply it I make sure to have a towel around my shoulders or that I'm wearing a shirt. My skin is sensitive and tends to break out a little if I get the product on it. This may not affect anyone else, but just wanted to give a heads up.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the smell of this product. It also makes my hair feel like silk after using it and hot combing my hair. I love how it lasts until you wash it out. And also how you don't need a lot of product.
Excellent! Will buy again and again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My first TIGI product. I smelled the fruity, sweet fragrance of this after a first spray on my fresh washed, dry hair. I carefully applied more. The less the better. And the result? Sleek, shiny, heathly looking hair that stays until I wash it again. Before that I used the heat defender by Got2Be but it was too drying and I had crispy ends.
You need to be careful though, the packaging makes it hard to hold easily.
And the price could be lower but here you get what you want for that price. And that's fair.

on 1/9/2016 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I do not iron my hair often enough to write a fair review. Basically I like the product but not for that price.
I have it anyway and I am not using it often. I am wondering if it is a good idea to use it on the beach or out in hot sunny days just like a defence for the hair of the sun. Please advice!

on 10/6/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is great stuff. I have thick, wavy, highlighted hair that I flat iron two or three times a week. I use about six sprays of S Factor, comb through, then straighten. That might be too many or too few sprays for you depending on your hair type, you just have to experiment a little. Overall, I get great results, my hair is straight, soft, shiny, and smells good. People always ask me what I use--I figure that's always a sign of a good product. It is expensive if you get it at the salon, but you can generally purchase on eBay or Amazon at a discount. Agree that the packaging is awkward, but I find I can work around it.

on 9/5/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just rubbish. I read SO many reviews on loads of websites saying that this was the best heat protector ever and the only one to make serious difference to heat damage. Well, that was nonsense. No better than anything else on any level. I used it for nearly a year on and off, my hair was no better. The packaging is weird and annoying, the lid was difficult to get on and off and trying to do so often sent the bottle flying out of my hands. I didn't particularly care for the smell either. I don't generally like sprays at all, I'd much rather have a cream/lotion type hair product but I deal with sprays if the product is particularly good. This one really isn't. Worst of all, the texture is ridiculous. It's just... grease. It's like heavy silicone but also seems like just oil at the same time, bizarrely. You need to use such a tiny, tiny amount that 9 times out of 10 you'll end up with far too much from a single spray. It's so easy to end up with filthy hair that's wet with grease, so much so you'll have to wash your hair again straight away. Massively inconvenient and incredibly annoying. I'd tried hundreds upon hundreds of hair products in my life and never found this with any other. You have to use so little to avoid the hair being utterly soaked with grease that there probably isn't enough to actually protect from the heat, thus rendering it useless. I would do one small spray into my hand, spread it across my hands and blot a bit on a tissue, then smoothe it evenly through my mid length to long-ish hair. There was STILL so much instant grease that my hair wouldn't dry properly and would sizzle under the straighteners. Awful, awful product.

on 7/30/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I haven't found many straightening products that are actually effective on my coarse, curly hair so I'm pretty loyal to this. On the positive side, you don't need a lot so it lasts a long time, I like the spray formula, and it really does help hair to be straightened and glossy. On the negative side, it's expensive, can make your hair look greasy if you're not careful, and I don't personally care for the artificial watermelon candy smell.
I will probably continue to try to find something that is just as effective but a little more reasonably priced, but in the meantime this is my secret weapon.

on 11/1/2014 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product is ridiculously overpriced. The packaging is a weird plastic type. As for the effectiveness of the product, it was okay. Made my hair look and feel just okay after flat ironing my thick coarse and wavy hair.I gave this one lippy because of the price ($32? Seriously? ) and because of the smell.Yuck! To me, it smells like watermelon candy.If a watermelon candy scent is your idea of a good hair product scent then this is definitely for you.Im going to pass on this product and never go near it again.Cant figure out how this is getting good reviews.

on 10/11/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

First off, this product is completely overpriced. It does smell amazing though. Other than the scent (which doesn't last) this product was pretty un-impressive. I have to agree with the other reviewer who mentioned the static issue after using. It does cause a ton of static for some reason. Because of that, I only use this now when my hair is curly for shine and scent. I doubt that I would re-purchase. There are better products on the market.

Popular Styling Products