E.L.F. Essential Eye Widener

1.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/3/2016 11:42:00 AM

It doesn't go on very easily. It takes a lot more pressure than I thought it would and even then it comes out in flakes, and doesn't come off creamy and smooth like I would like. It's super nice that it comes with a sharpener though.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't understand all the bad reviews. I've been buying this product for years (it's the ONLY eye widener I bother purchasing anymore), and out of all the pencils I've bought, I've only had one that didn't glide on easily.

Like someone else said, if you get a rough pencil, just hold the tip up to a lighter for 10-15 seconds, wait about 20 more seconds, and then apply it. You will see just how perfectly and easily it can be applied, and you should only have to do this the FIRST time you use it.

I simply adore this product, and in my opinion, it's one of E.L.F.'s staple items, a classic that should never, ever be pulled off the shelves. As we age (or if we just want our eyes to look bigger or brighter), it becomes ever more important to be careful with applying eyeliner.

For those of us who love black liner but can't rock the look the same way we used to, this product is a must-have; it lets us have the best of both worlds. We get to use our favorite eyeliners the way we want to, while still looking classy and put together.

This left white clumps on my waterline - Not attractive. Not much else to say as this pencil is close to useless. No colour payoff, at least not on waterline.

on 3/11/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Let me start by saying I'm not difficult to please in terms of eyeliner. If it shows up that's awesome, doesn't smudge when I don't set it with shadow? Even better. Keeping this in mind I have to say this is the worst product I have ever used.

Sure I'm a high end girl (evident by my reviews) but I have a massive weakness for NYX, maybelline, e.l.f and wet n wild so don't think I'm just being biased.

I bought this on an order I had placed online from e.l.f being a few dollars short of free shipping and being in need of a inner eye highlighter after using up my NYX milk. When my package came I was incredibly excited to use this first. I opened it to find the cap broken, that's alright I thought if it works well I'll just melt it into a container. I applied it to my inner corners and it didn't show up, at all. I decided to then use it as a primer being out of my NYX milk. By the 2nd hour my eye shadow was everywhere.

I honestly feel like this crap is pure grease that just goes everywhere within an hour or so of being applied. I don't have oily skin or lids so I don't know why it happened.

I will neber buy this again, shame too because the other e.l.f pencil eyeliners are beautiful.

on 2/4/2015 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

- hard / does not apply easily
- clumpy and gritty

This product was a complete miss for me.

It is a white pearly colored pencil, that is supposed to brighten and widen the eye. I like the color, just not for my waterline. A nude color on the waterline looks way more natural than this and I really didn't feel it brightened the eye when used on the waterline alone.

So I tried to use this in my inner corner because the color would be great for that. However this does not blend well on skin at all. It cakes up not matter what I do and just leaves "clumps" of product on the skin that are impossible to blend out.

Because of this I have to give it the lowest score. The only way this will work for you is if you want a pearly white color for the waterline. dont expect it to work as a highlighter anywhere else.

on 10/5/2013 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This pencil is very good for the inner eye corners it doesn't last very long if you don't set it with an eyeshadow but when you do it does exactly what it says, It's a great value and it works, plus it has a built in sharpener which works great.

on 2/27/2014 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Really poor quality and barely shows up on my skin. The pencil tends to break easily too.

on 12/15/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

It hurts my waterline. Didn't leave any mark on either. When I tried swatching it on my hand, the white line was very faint. Even dragging the rock-hard pencil on my hand hurted quite a lot. Wasn't creamy at all. Hate the cap that comes out with sharpener, I guess that's what makes the eyeliner hardens faster. I'll stick with higher dollar brands than this :(

on 11/24/2012 9:35:00 PM

This is such an awful product. It smudges, soes not last long. It's only 1$ may be that's why the quality is bad, compared to other elf products.The sharpener on the cover is only cute, but that's it about this product.