Maybelline Moisture Extreme in Chestnut

3.9

on 3/1/2011 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm not so sure of how to describe the color of this lipstick, but I'd say it's a brownish-nude with a hint of pink. just like the other Moisture Extreme lipsticks, this one is very moisturizing but not really creamy; more like satiny. this is a versatile color I can see myself using all year long.

UPDATE 04/13/12: I've come to not really like this color on me, therefore, I lowered the rating from a 5 to a 3! it looks really 90s on me, and would probably look much better on someone with different coloring. oh well, the formula is still great.

I love this product! The formula is so creamy and it is a perfect nude for my skin-tone. I loved the fact that it was only for a dollar at my local Big Lots, so it was win-win. I recommend everyone to try this line of lipsticks by Maybelline excellent range of colors and the price is extremely affordable.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/16/2010 8:37:00 PM

I have no idea why this shade does not work on me. It's in the shade family that I usually buy. Nudes, browns, pinks.It even looks good swatched on my hand. a nice satin finish, mauvy brown. then I put it on my lips and it looks like I smeared Hot chocolate powder on my lips?! I have fair skin with yellow undertones and when i tan i'm golden tan. I couldn't even leave this on for a day at home the color is so off. I tried base, even revlon nude attitude to bring out the true color of the lipstick still hot chocolate brown...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love the moisturizing formula, but this color is too brown for my taste.

UPDATE: I actually like this now on top of nude lipsticks that are too light for me, so I'm bumping up the rating.

on 12/16/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This brownish, mauvey nude lipstick looks great on my asian tan skin. When you first apply it, it can look a little cakey but when you let it set in after a few minutes it looks great. It has no shimmer to it and it has a nice cucumber melon smell to it. My only problem is that I have apply it again after a few hours.

on 12/3/2009 1:37:00 AM

i used to have this allergic reaction to maybelline lipstick. but decided to purchase this colour when i needed to make an emergency stop to buy some make up. and since maybelline is the only brand available at that point of time, i bought this colour. and i must say, i love it. i didn't expect to look so natural with this colour (i am a NC30). i love that this lipstick packs moisture (i guess, hence the name "moisture extreme"). the only thing is that i'd need to retouch my lipstick after 4 hours.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a slightly cool-toned beige, and it looks like a good neutral on my pigmented lips and olive skin tone. Unfortunately, it lasts about 10 minutes. Total waste of money.

on 6/29/2009 10:55:00 PM

i like the lipstick, but i dont like the colour. i have really pigmented lips and i my skin is NC20 but this colour makes me look like my lips are dirty. for some reason cool tones, like this lipstick, tend to give my lips this weird effect. i guess i'm just not cut out to wear lipsticks. but i really do like the lipstick itself. its so moisturizing and kinda gives this nice shine on the lips. it doesnt last very long though, and has this kinda .. watermelon-ish scent that i'm not exactly a huge fan of but its still tolerable

I am a NC40 and have very pigmented lips. This is my HG lipstick!! I love it! It goes on sheer, like a nice light hint of brown nude. Perfect nude colour for me and it has good lasting power!!

This goes on very smooth and silky. I feel like this also helps to moisturize my lips too. Already bought my 2nd one and will always buy this.

on 3/15/2008 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very nice neutral shade, slightly pink and slightly nude. It's great for work or an "everyday" shade. It is definitely moisture rich. I wish it lasted longer, but I can usually get about 4 hours of wear out of it.