Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

4.4

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

This is an absolute HG foundation for me. I use the flawless feline foundation in sleek chausie.

The color chart on their website is helpful and I was able to find a great match after ordering a few samples. They have comparisons to popular brands' foundation shades to give you an idea of where to start and there is a large selection of colors. There are several different undertones (cool pink, warm pink, beige, olive, etc.) and each of those is offered in 6 different shades. I have trouble finding foundations pale enough for me but I am actually not the lightest shade in this brand.

The coverage is the best of any mineral make up I have tried, including BE and EDM. I don't think powders can achieve as heavy coverage as liquid or cream foundations, but this is pretty good and very buildable. It does start to look powdery if too much is applied. I apply with a kabuki brush and it covers small pimples/ discolorations, but not under eye circles or very red spots.

My skin tends to be very sensitive and I have not had any problems with this product. It has not caused any breakouts of irritation for me. With BE I had a lot of itching.

Overall this is a good every-day foundation for me. It is easy and quick to apply, lasts all day, and gives nice medium coverage that looks like natural skin. I have been using it for several months and still have a ton left in the container. I will re-purchase!

on 7/21/2014 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Two layers of this applied with a flat top powder brush and I almost have full coverage, I feel confident wearing this alone. Alright oil control (not the best but still decent) and no breakouts. I just don't like the loose powder form but it's worth the sacrifice seeing as I don't need to reapply during the day and of course the colour selection is extraordinary for pale skin. I wear The 0 Siamese shade.

on 2/25/2014 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

YOOOOOOOO CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH HELL YEAH FOR THIS FOUNDATION

This is going to be a long-winded and somewhat rambly review because I feel like I need to add in as many details as possible, so if you make it to the end I will give you a cookie. Or if you don't like cookies, some steamed brocolli or something.

Im still on my sample baggie and have been using this for about a week now (just placed my order for the full size). Not the longest time to wait to review a foundation, but when Im trying something new on my face Ill know if its not going to jive with my skin and cause breakouts for me or any other such tom foolery annoyances within the first couple days.

For starters, my skin type is very oily, very VERY fair, sensitive, and I dont really get breakouts anymore but still the occasional threesome of blemishes popping up here and there. And I am just so sick of liquid and cream foundations. Settling into pores and lines, separating by mid-day, and even the ones that promise an eternal matte finish breaking out in a gosh dang oil spill after 4 hours no matter what primer or setting powder I tried. By the time I got home from work my foundation always just looked janky as hell, and my face just looked tired because of the foundation. And not to mention that it seems to be a universal thing in drugstore (and even high-end brand foundations) that everyone is either yellow or straight-up diaper rash pink.

I heard about this company after a google search for pale foundations and someone on some forum had mentioned the brand so I checked it out. And holy hellsecks they have a ton of foundation shades (86 if were being exact here) and a buttload of undertones (13) and depths (6) to choose from. Sample baggies are $1 each and please, dear lord have mercy PLEASE get samples before you order a full size. The lighter coverage formulations are a bit more forgiving but if you're getting the Flawless Feline, it needs to be a pretty dang exact match. You think youre one shade but it turns out youre something completely different. And, to be honest, I always brushed off mineral or other powder foundations because they just didnt make sense to me, I dont know why. I always just thought What? Powder? How is that going to give any coverage or even stay on your face? HOW WRONG AND FOOLISH I WAS, MON CHERI.

I got my sample shades all in the Inquisitive range, Flawless Feline version (well, duh, otherwise why would I be writing the review for the Flawless) because I love me a good full coverage foundation. And lemme tell you this - there are pretty much two types of pale skin: normal pale skin, and then translucent pale skin. The latter of the two is an absolute arse to try to match a foundation to because if it's not a perfect match, it's really hard to make that foundation work with your skin. Underneath the black hair dye I am a natural redhead with that translucent skin, but I have found my perfect match with this.

I use a smaller, somewhat dense kabuki brush to apply it and it just melts into the skin when youre buffing it on. Covers my redness, evens out skintone, and after the initial buffing I go back in with a bit more of the foundation to apply it to areas where I get extra red, like around the nose and mouth. After it settles for a few minutes it just looks so good. Also the coverage seems to go up after it's settled for a couple minutes, so give it a little time before going back in and putting more on. Does it look like youre wearing foundation? Well, yeah, because it makes the skin look pretty flawless, but it doesnt make you look like youre wearing foundation in a bad way (if that even makes sense). And it just looks like great skin, dare I say even somewhat airbrushed. You DO have to use a light hand though because apply too much and it won't look so pretty.

It doesn't feel heavy on the face. I was actually really surprised at how light it feels, I guess because I'm so used to "full coverage" meaning that heavy feeling on the skin. It really feels almost like I have nothing on my face.

On to the issue of oiliness - I use this with their Oily Skin Primer and it looks great all day. I put this on at around 8AM this morning, it's now 10:50PM, still lookin' good. A little sheen, but more of a..."skin" sheen rather than an oily sheen if you know what I mean. Doesn't look oily, just looks like natural skin, and the texture has stayed mostly the same as well.

After I take it off my skin still looks good, too. It doesn't look like it's been suffocating all day under a mask.

I also don't notice a smell with it when sticking my nose into the baggie.
-----------------------
If you got through this entire review, thanks for reading. I'm just so in love with this I can't help but ramble a little. After my full size jar comes, I plan on just tossing out my old foundations because I really have no desire to try anything else now. Not even a brand advertising a foundation using Tom Hanks riding a 3-headed camel with dragon wings into the sunset with wild promises of perfection could snag me in to try something.

I'll be uploading some photos tomorrow sometime of swatches, how it looks on the skin after applying, and also how it looks after most of the day.
-------------------------------
UPDATE 12/17/14

Still in love. Actually, I'm even more in love now. Previously I had gotten a full size of Inquisitive Manx, but I've since switched to Inquisitive Siamese (thank you, Black Friday sales!) Manx still works, and I can definitely mix it with Siamese, but Siamese is the absolute, 100%, completely matches shade for me. And also with their Black Friday sales I got their Jumbo Buffer brush, which applies it even more beautifully than any brush I was using before. This is going to be my foundation for life! I honestly haven't bought or tried another foundation at all since getting my first samples of Meow.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Didn't like this. Doesn't cover well no matter how much you put on especially blemishes which is the main reason is wear make up, is chalky and is pretty light in coverage. You would have to have pretty perfect skin to wear. Plus didnt like the concealer either. Sorry meow, i had high hopes for you. Wish it didnt contain Mica.

Edit: Made me break out! Waste of $$$$.

on 10/19/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use Pampered and Purrfect coverage levels . I have been a loyal Meow customer for 6 yrs. Firstly they do not use nano/micronized minerals so check that out please. I will not use most mineral make-up other than MC because i find it to be substandard. Shipping does take a couple weeks also its hard to pick or choose a shade HOWEVER they are so forgiving it dose'nt matter a whole lot. Examle i wear Abyssinian. Manx and Angora. As long as you dont go too dark your fine .I buy frisky and naughty color depth in all three...So.spend 20$ experiment pick 5 or so colors then try a few shades of each in the desired coverage. LIGHT=PURRFECT, MEDIUM=PAMPERED HEAVY=FLAWLESS. My advise have a water bottle fine mist to set this then blend after it drys then use a conceler brush to dab a little xtra on imperfections then mist again.

on 4/23/2012 3:05:00 PM

I ordered a few samples of this a while ago and I finally got around to trying them and so far I really like this makeup. My samples came in plastic baggies in a little animal print pouch and all of the makeup has cat related names which I thought was really cute :) Shipping took a little longer than I expected but I received a few eyeshadow samples with my order, which I thought was a nice touch. Their eyeshadows have alot of pigment in them so a little goes a long way. I love that this does not have ingredients in it that usually clog my pores and cause irritation such as Bismuth Oxychloride and it doesn't have a ton of mica in it so it doesn't look too shiny and glittery and best of all because it did not make my skin itch and breakout like so many other mineral makeups do. Yay! They have a great color selection which makes it really easy to find a match. I'd say the coverage is ok. Probably sheer - medium at best, even in the "Flawless Feline" finish but it is buildable and I like that this doesn't look chalky or powdery. All in all I'd say that although this is not my HG in MMU I do think it is one of the better formulas out there that I've tried (especially for those with sensitive skin) and I really like that it gives pretty good coverage with minimal ingredients.This is one I would definitely use/buy it again.

After many years (and dozens of samples) searching for the right mineral foundation, I found not only my perfect formula, but also my perfect match, in Meow Cosmetics. By the way, I'm about NC 25, and Naughty Chartreux fits me through and through, with no need for further mixing.

Flawless Feline is their fullest coverage formula, and although some here say it is drying to their skin, I have to say my sensitive & combo skin (oily nose, normal elsewhere) doesn't seem to notice. Some are also saying it looks cakey, but I haven't found that either. See, my trick with Flawless Feline - and this is why I love it so much - is that, having the coverage it has, I can get away with applying a small amount of it. That way, it feels like nothing on and still gives me good coverage. If your skin doesn't need complete coverage from a foundation and you, like me, hate having to apply large amounts of stuff to your face, try applying a small amount of Flawless Feline... it may work as well for you as it does for me. :)

on 11/26/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. It looks very natural yet does a good job evening out my skin tone. Compared to the liquid or cream foundations I've worn in the past this feels very light as if I'm not wearing anything. I love how there are so many shades to choose from as I was able to find an exact match.

I`m so glad I got recommended to Meow. My skin is a bit oily and acne-prone so the dry-out effect suits me perfect.
flawless feline is great for layers, if I want my pores to disappear I take a sponge, for just a bit of "feel-better" I take the meow-flat top brush.
It took me several samples to find the best colour, first of all because I started with inquisitive, as I am quite pale, but getting happy with frisky. chaussy is perfect for my greyish- red spotted from scars and beige parts -skin.
The colour discriptions are very helpful.
The packaging survived its way to germany. The munchkin is a perfect size and best of all, the brushes can be swirled in the cap.
The only thing I miss is a take-away version, to put in my bag and feel safe at work ;-)

This is my favourite formulation of Meow MMU - lots of coverage and lasts all day - no joke, it looks EXACTLY the same after a 10 hour day. I only wish their international shipping was cheaper.