Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

on 3/23/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been a long time user of Meow's Purrfect Puss foundation but lately I've been searching for a full coverage foundation and decided to try Flawless Feline. OMG, this is the BEST! I ordered the same shade I was in PP and it was perfect. I apply it with the elf powder brush and I get the full coverage I need. I don't even need a separate concealer. I couldn't believe the quick full coverage I got by this one product plus it gives a natural flawless finish. Doesn't look cakey, shiney or accentuates my large pores. I love it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline claims "Flawless Feline provides complete coverage with no stiff, chalky feeling. It's wonderful slip , easy melt, and glorious texture will make you feel as though you have nothing on."

While this might hold true for people with normal-to-oily skin types, with my dehydrated-to-normal skin type, I could definitely feel that I had foundation on when I tried a sample of this product. I have to moisturize heavily for it to look non-chalky, and it doesn't melt into my skin ever. However, it is the only full coverage powder foundation I've encountered and that alone is impressive. I didn't realize that powder foundation could offer as much coverage as liquid/cream counterparts. I've tried various ones that claim to have high coverage and find those formulas are more similar to the other (lower coverage) formulas available from Meow Cosmetics.

Ultimately, this product is not for me but if you are looking for a full coverage powder foundation then this would be worth a shot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The two biggest things I love about Meow Cosmetics are what it's made out of and how it matches my skin tone. Over the last couple of years, my skin has gone from being resistant to slightly sensitive. Since I wear makeup everyday for work, I decided to switch over to mineral makeup in an effort to cut down on breakouts. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the right color with Bare Escentuals. The closest I could get was the Medium Tan, but I still ended up looking pink...and kind of off. Being of Polynesian and Asian descent, it's incredibly difficult to find a foundation and powder that really looks good - not beige, but also not entirely yellow. Neutrals such as MAC's NC line is okay, but covers over rather than match my skin if that makes any sense. I can't remember how I stumbled on to Meow Cosmetics, but I absolutely love how they have such a huge selection. Buying up a range of samples, I discovered the one that was perfect for me: Manx. It's a mix of peach (not pink or beige!) and yellow, which matched perfectly with my skin. I stick with the flawless line because I like having full coverage. The coverage is excellent; it covers up my dark spots wonderfully and blends beautifully with my skin color.

Some of the downers, though, is that it can be pretty expensive to get the concealer, the primer, the finishing powder, as well as the foundation. Also, it always takes a while for my order to ship, sometimes two weeks even with paying for priority mail delivery. The latter is a bit annoying, but that's only because I tend not to plan early enough so when I order, it's cause I really need it. :) And like with any mineral cosmetics line, the whole loose powder deal is a bit inconvenient (I used to be a compact powder gal) when wanting to do touch-ups to, say, go from work to a night out. Still, it's small stuff compared to it's perfect color matching and non-irritating ingredients. I'll take that over a little inconvenience any day!

on 9/17/2008 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am 29 years old South East Asian Girl. I'm considering my self having a golden medium skin. In EM, I using Olive Golden Medium. I'm not sure about my NC in MAC, but probably about NC 35. I only tried Korat Frisky and Naughty since it was meant for ethic girl. I think Korat Naughty is the best for me, although now I want to try something else... hehehe...

I ordered in Flawless Feline, so I can't compare to other coverage. But I like it. It covered my face well without feeling to heavy or something like that. I didn't use concealer, so there are still some dark spot left uncovered in my face. But I'll try again after my concealer sample arrive.

on 8/5/2008 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've sampled this line consistently now for a solid year. My goal was two-fold.
1.To find a compatible foundation color match
2.To find a foundation in this raved line that agreed with my skin type - didn't cause me to itch.
After 1 year of sampling I've come to two conclusions.
1.This company has great products- I love their bronzers and several blushes - but
2.This company simply doesn't have a foundation that will work for me. I have bags and bags of Meow foundation samples in several color families as well as in all 3 formulas that I simply cannot use.

on 9/13/2007 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased munchkin size Flawless Feline foundation, top cat power and blush from meow. I am very satisfied with the natural look it gives you, plus the coverage is pretty good. I love the packaging, the containers are nice and wide. This is good mineral power for everyday use, I use MAC foundation when I'm dressed up.
EDIT: Moved on to Everyday Minerals since this looks too shiney in photos and makes me break out.