Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

4.3

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

on 9/13/2017 10:25:00 PM

after reading all the good reviews about this foundation i had to get it . only to my disappointment. its very dry and chalky so its hard to get to actually go on and stay on to the face . ive tried spraying the brush but the foundation just stays clumpy in the brush and wont come out . also tried having a very moisturized/ wet base but it just blended very patchy and looked awful and heavy . ive never had a mineral foundation so difficult to use .
i have got many samples of other shades aswell and also some blushes, bronzers and eyeshadows and i noticed the pics on their site the colors/shades look very different to real life -they look at least a shade or 2 lighter in real life which made it hard to actually get a good match in the foundation. all the other brands of mineral foundations i have used are very soft and velvety/almost creamy and blend like a dream.
the only good thing about this foundation this the color range...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meow makes the best mineral foundations ever!
I tested tones of mineral foundations and I find this one just perfect for my skin.
Of course, you have to bear in mind the specifics of powder minerals. Might be little drying, you need good brush and some practice to apply it correctly. It you can live with that, give it a try.
This foundation is superior, because of its texture and final effect you get.
The complexion looks like it has been photoshoped - pores are not visible, as well as any discolouration. Seconds after application it might look very powdery, but after a while, it settles into dewy finish.
My skin is very oily and my makeup looks very good after long day in the office. It won't settle in pores, fine lines, etc. Does not cling to dry patches.

I have never experienced any bad reaction on my skin.
There are some questionable ingredients, i.e titanium dioxide, but as far as I'm aware, Meow does not use nano particles in their formulations. And the np of titanium dioxide poses the risk.

My only compliant is that the colour range is killing me each time I need to decide. And their colour advice is not very useful, like for skin with pink undertones choose pinkish foundation. To look even more pinkish? I don't think so...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Pros

Inexpensive
Great for sensitive, acne-prone skin
medium/full coverage
Excellent staying power (10+ hours)
Great for mixing with more sheer foundations

Cons

Difficult to find perfect shade (luckily samples are inexpensive & generous)
Have to mix with Meow's Pampered Puss foundation for the most natural finish on the skin. By itself this foundation is too matte for my taste and can easily get too cakey

on 4/6/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know why it is, but I had the *hardest* time trying to find information for a shade that would match me. I searched high and low on the interwebs and read pretty much every review here, there and everywhere before making my decision and it just seemed that since others didn't easily find a match either, they just refused to say anything about their Meow shade vs their MAC shade so that everyone would have to go through the same nightmare. Ok, I'm being dramatic. There might not even be a hint of truth to that... But it was super hard to get info, even on the Meow messageboards (back in the day they were active). Currently the messageboard is inactive but word is you can still get some info on their Facebook page. I haven't tried but have at 'er.

My first attempt was way too dark. I got 5 - Slinky Abyssinian. Doh!! I was stubborn and didn't want to spend the $ on samples, cuz, well.. I'm stubborn. Either way I was probably out the same amount of $. I assumed that the online swatches were probably skewed and that since minerals often look darker than they apply, went darker than I should have. Lesson learned. Now I have a HUGE jar of... eyeshadow. Or contour. I'm stubborn so I'll find a use for it at some point. My next order was more successful. I went up (ilghter) a few shades and got 3 - Naughty Abyssinian and although it looks weirdly darker and more olivey than my usual mineral foundation (a mix of shades from theconservatorie.com which is sadly fell off the grid), it's amazingly similar when applied to my skin. It's a hair less peachy/pink but otherwise very close. Matches me purrrdy good. I can sometimes have a bit of redness so the yellow/olive tone seems to cancel that out. Even though I got the Flawless Feline, I don't find this to feel like a heavy coverage. It's nicely buildable and not cakey at all. I'm normal/combo and have a preference for matte, so I like that this keeps me pretty much shine free for most of the day. I might touch up once mid-day but that's it. I use a flat top kabuki whose name has sadly rubbed off, or it's a no name one from theconservatorie.com - see above - off the grid. Pity...

I'd actually bought this a few years ago, but when I got it and saw the shade in person, I assumed it was too yellowy/grey/green to work and put it with my other unloved things that I couldn't bear to toss just yet (because it might work with something else should I have a 'mad scientist' day). Recently I was digging through my stash - gotta shop that stash - pulled it out and gave it a go, and good thing too. I am also considering trying a sample of Manx. Even though Naughty Abyssinian is *so* close, Manx has a bit more peach to it and mixing the two might be near nirvana. I'm stubborn...and a perfectionist... and there are a few eye shadows I'm eyeing anyways. For the record, I've also tried a sample of 4-Fierce Chartreaux but that one was both too dark and too pink. (Whoo, more eyeshadow!)
So use my disappointments to your advantage. If you're in the range of NC30-35ish, give Naughty Abyssinian a shot, or at least try a sample. Unless you're open to a huge jar of eye shadow.

Pardon me now while I get to work on my collection of Slinky Abyssinian eye shadows. I'll call them "Res-purrection from the Abyss".. or "Abysmal Failure to Fur-tune". Abysseeing you later...

on 2/27/2017 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I got this in 2 Manx after much consideration from all the swatches I've tried out on my first buy, which were just endless bags of foundation.

Shipping took 3 weeks or so to reach Singapore, inc 1 week of processing time which was decent enough, so no complaints on service.

I had never really tried out any loose foundations before so this is my first try to loose mineral foundations, but the reason why I got this was because I found Sephora's 8hr wear mattifying compact foundation this other day and 20 was exACTLY my shade so I ended up getting it. It contained bismuth oxychloride, which breaks my skin out like crazy. Thus began the quest for a powder foundation that won't break my skin out. Meow cosmetics was somehow this highly raved indie company well known for their endless shades of color and amazing formulation, so I thought, why not? I was exploring more and more on indie makeup anyway.

The thing is it wasn't really my shade, which was my own mistake so hahaha I'll just review on the formula itself, ignoring that it's not my shade. I'll get another one here that's my shade again, which I suspect more to be a naughty angora now, or try out other companies as there are a few things I did not quite like with the formula, but the pros are really good.

Pros:
-Incredibly heavy coverage for a powder, little goes a long way
-Gives off a really lustrous healthy glow that looks AMAzINg instead of a flat matte look
-Incredibly affordable as compared to many brands in the market
-Packaging is good and sturdy, product disperses through the sifter in a reasonable amount so I don't take the sifter off like I do in many brands
-Blends into the skin really well once set
-Plenty of free shipping offers on site!
-Huge selection of shades, take note that light shades are really light though so if you're normally a 2 or 20 on other brands, meow offers your shade more in a 3 or 4.
-Cat.

Cons:
-Somehow scratchy when first applied, but melts into skin
-Careful not to apply too much product as it cakes up pretty easily
-Waiting game for international buyers due to shipping (1st buy on huge amt of samples which took 3 weeks and another 3 weeks for the shade you think you are = 1.5 months worth a wait!)
-Incredibly outdated web design. Pretty nice nostalgia on childhood when Neopets was a hit.

Overall quite a good foundation, but there's more to try out from this brand too. Their eyeshadows are amazing, I ended up getting a full size of buck naked after trying out a sample, it's now my everyday eye color.

I was on the hunt for a cruelty-free, mineral, medium to full coverage foundation. As a former bare minerals matte user, I was ready to try something more cost effective. The 3 oz jar from Meow is $40 (it's HUGE) vs. the 0.2 oz jar from BE for $28.50. That's a massive savings!

I chose Flawless Feline to get the most coverage. It applies smoothly and wears well throughout the day. I can get pretty full coverage from this if I layer it, but I tend to use it with concealer on problem areas. I am not about the powdery look, so all I do is set with a finishing spray and it really melds everything into my skin. I also like how this foundation works on top of a pore filling primer (when I use them together, my pores are basically invisible). Basically, if you've ever liked a mineral foundation, you will love this!

The biggest drawback to that is that you must order samples from Meow to find your color (10 bucks and a few more for shipping). But, the color range is massive and caters to humans of all colors and undertones! It's a bit of a process and a waiting game to finally get your color match. But still...think how much you'll be saving not having to buy a new jar from BE every month!

The other drawbacks are slightly petty. The packaging is not going to look sleek on your vanity as it has a big cartoon cat on it. The huge powder jar does have a sifter, but not nearly as awesome as the BE twisty caps. My solution for you is to simply refill your old BE sifter jars with your new Meow foundation.

You can also feel good purchasing from a made in the USA, cruelty-free indie brand.

on 5/6/2014 7:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you're looking for full coverage then this is NOT it! I spent over $30 just on samples hoping to find that most perfect match that every woman seems to want. I fall between 2 Frisky Siamese (a little too pink on me) and 1 Sleek Sphynx (looked white on my skin when swatched).
Now maybe I could look past actually not being able to find my perfect color match, but the fact that you have to spend $10 or more on your purchase in order for your purchase to be processed and samples are $1 per bag, which are skimpy and not much product imo-(So many other companies such as Lucy Minerals offer generous samples) BUT- this product is a horrible misrepresentation of what the product itself is suppose to be: FULL COVERAGE!! It's not full coverage at all! And the lack of customer service, about 2 weeks to process my order, waiting and checking my email constantly to see when my order shipped was annoying. I understand this is a small Indie company but at least a heads up to the customer saying your order may take 2 weeks to process would be appreciated.

I have been searching for my HG in the mineral makeup world for some time now and Meow is the one company I seem to be fuming about the most because of all the money I wasted in samples alone and was still not able to find a perfect match even though Meow offers 36 colors to the fairest of skin tones to the darkest of skin tones. And yet me, who is light skinned, not fair, with very slight yellow undertones, not dominate pink or peach and maybe a tad neutral or warm toned could not find a color match. Sigh. You'd think with all the color selection someone like me would be able to find a match but nope, wasn't able to. I even swatched the samples several times on my face just be sure.
I've tried Bare Minerals (HATE!! And offers no coverage), EDM (ok, offers more coverage than Meow but not the kind of coverage I desire), Lucy Minerals (LOVE! But not an exact perfect match), Aromaleigh (way too chalky!) and other brands that I can't remember off the top of my head but my bathroom is full of samples, the grave site of laid to rest of samples I have tried and hated (other than Lucy Minerals).
I had such high expectations of this mineral foundation and I'm severely disappointed in the lack of coverage and the inability to find a match for my skin even though there's 36 colors to choose from. Today I applied my EDM in the color Ivory (an almost perfect match) and was able to get full coverage with just a tiny amount of product used.
(I LOVE Lucy Minerals, it's definitely full coverage but I get REALLY shiny as time goes on and I don't have oily skin but I do have combination skin, with a few breakouts and some acne scarring and I have not been able to find that perfect skin match that I'm craving. Pale Olive and Light seem to be the best color matches for me but not perfect.) Lucy is what I will be comparing all the other brands I sample to from now on because I have never been able to find a full coverage foundation until I tried Lucy Minerals. Maybe that's why my expectations weren't met from Meow?
I'm not planning on throwing away my samples, I might try tinkering around with them again just to see if I can get the coverage I'm craving but I'm doubtful. And I refuse to mix 2 colors together considering that there are 36 colors available so I SHOULD be able to find a match
I will be sampling foundation from Signature Minerals next and hopefully will find that perfect color match from them with the full coverage I desire.
I had high expectations for this because of the reviews on here. I'm so disappointed :(

on 11/5/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Meow's Flawless Feline is a very good, medium-to-full coverage loose powder foundation without bismuth and is therefore unlikely to cause skin irritation. It's comes in 86 shades; samples are available for $1 each to help you find your best shade. After a lot of trial and error, I found my shade in Frisky Sphynx (NW20). The powder adheres well to my angled kabuki, does not puff back at me, and provides a gorgeous, natural finish. After applying the rest of my makeup, I spray with a tiny bit of Fix+. With setting powder (Meow's Equilibrium Balancing Powder all over and MAC's blot powder on my forehead) I get through most of my day with a lovely finish and a few dabs of blotting paper around my nose at lunch. The foundation is not undetectable; you will look like you're wearing something on your face, but the ability to match your skin tone exactly means you'll look like a polished version of your best self.

With so many shades over three depths of coverage, it can be daunting to find your shade. If you're a bit of a perfectionist, patient, and realize that samples are a necessary evil, you should be able to find your perfect match. This is not an instant-gratification process but it's been worth it to me.

A warning about Meow's customer service policies, which you are asked to read before placing an order: there are no returns, exchanges, credits, or amendments to orders. Once you press that "pay" key, you're committed. I found this out the hard way. I'd be happier with friendlier customer service policies, but the excellence of the product speaks for itself. Meow is generous with gift samples and the purchased samples, while small (1/4 tsp), are sufficient to let you make a decision about the shades. Although I love the powder itself, the lack of a twisty lid over the inner powder sifter is annoying and, along with the customer service policies, is why I deducted one lippy from my overall rating.

Update: it is now September, 2017, and I am still using and loving my Meow Flawless Feline Foundation. If possible, I'm happier than ever with it! It continues to function beautifully, wear all day and be quick and super-easy to apply. I've re-ordered from the company and was happy with my purchases. I'm upping my rating to five lippies as this has passed into HG status. The best mineral makeup ever for: colour match, ease of application, longevity, coverage and value.

on 10/6/2013 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Meow Cosmetics foundations! Flawless Feline is very full coverage and is very matte. After about 6 months of use (in combination with the OCM), my acne cleared up and I don't need full coverage anymore, so I've since switched to Pampered Puss (medium coverage) version. The price is great, lasts forever; only downside is finding the perfect shade when ordering online (you can get samples for $1 each, but I had to spend about $20 in samples to find a good shade for me). This has more coverage than the concealers they sell, so you may want to save $ by using this as concealer.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have gone through so many foundations out there, from the high end (Lancome, Estee Lauder, MAC, etc.) to the cheap end (Coty, Wet-N-Wild, etc.), and even though a lot of them seem to be HG at the time, I always ended up getting frustrated or disappointed with the results, or the price! Since my face will no longer tolerate liquid foundation, I went back to Bare Minerals. Even though I was using the Matte formula, it gave me horrible cystic acne on my chin! WTH?? So I researched mineral foundations here on MUA, and after reading the reviews, I decided I would try Meow Cosmetics. After reviewing the foundations on their website, I emailed them my questions about what foundation would work best for me, and I received a very nice reply with some suggestions. I then ordered samples from all three formulas of various colors in my range (NW20, Fairly Medium), and I found a perfect match that makes me look, well, Flawless - Frisky Syphnx in Flawless Feline. It makes my skin look like my skin only better! It blends nicely, feels like nothing at all, it doesn't cake or settle into my lines, and it may not hide all the redness, but it makes my skin look good and healthy. Flawless is the heavier of the formulas, but it looks good, and that makes me happy! And I haven't had any cystic acne since I have been using this foundation! If I do have a pimple (stupid period!), I put the foundation on, then dab a little bit of the Meow concealor, which is awesome too, and it fades away. The price you pay for the full size foundation is a steal! The jar is huge and it will last me a good long while. I am so very, very happy that I tried Meow, and I will definitely repurchase! An awesome product from an awesome company!