Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

2.5

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not a new user of Meow Cosmetics, but I like to update my reviews as my feelings change about certain products. I highly applaud this company for having a VERY wide range of shades since my skin is a challenge to match. I'm warm and that can mean a lot of different things. More specifically, I'm golden, not yellow, not peach, not olive, not really golden-olive ... the list goes on and on :)

Some people may disagree with me, but I do think that Flawless Feline is a heavy coverage foundation. I made the mistake of buying this the first time around because I thought it would cut down the time in my makeup routine. However, I thought this formula was harder to work with because, well, it is heavy. Meow claims that it will feel light on the skin despite its coverage. I unfortunately could not agree with this. It's a little chalky and definitely not light feeling, though I have seen a lot worse. Because this foundation did not really look right on me, I won't repurchase this one again.

I also wanted to share a few tips for sampling foundation colors.

1) Since Flawless Feline is heavy, I think that there's less of a "leeway" when it comes to finding a perfect match. If Flawless is the coverage/finish for you, it may be a good idea to order more samples (especially in different breeds) to find the most accurate match.
2) Post or email your pic to Jen on the forum. She usually narrows it down to 3-4 different undertones that you should try.
3) If you are unsure of your undertones, order some samples in Siamese and determine how much your skin deviates from the foundation. If it looks pink, order/try warmer shades (cooler shades if it looks yellow).
4) If you *know* you are warm toned, order Chartreux first. That breed is definitely warm and definitely has some yellow. Chartreux pulled pink on me, so I knew I needed something warmer

on 10/7/2008 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this because I like heavy coverage... But this stuff just makes me look horrible, no matter how much or how little I have on. I've also tried applying it with dry application and wet application. But it makes me look patchy and gross, plus it just melts right off my face for some reason... No good. :( Will not be buying again.