Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

4.2

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meow makes the best mineral foundations ever!
I tested tones of mineral foundations and I find this one just perfect for my skin.
Of course, you have to bear in mind the specifics of powder minerals. Might be little drying, you need good brush and some practice to apply it correctly. It you can live with that, give it a try.
This foundation is superior, because of its texture and final effect you get.
The complexion looks like it has been photoshoped - pores are not visible, as well as any discolouration. Seconds after application it might look very powdery, but after a while, it settles into dewy finish.
My skin is very oily and my makeup looks very good after long day in the office. It won't settle in pores, fine lines, etc. Does not cling to dry patches.

I have never experienced any bad reaction on my skin.
There are some questionable ingredients, i.e titanium dioxide, but as far as I'm aware, Meow does not use nano particles in their formulations. And the np of titanium dioxide poses the risk.

My only compliant is that the colour range is killing me each time I need to decide. And their colour advice is not very useful, like for skin with pink undertones choose pinkish foundation. To look even more pinkish? I don't think so...

on 2/27/2017 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I got this in 2 Manx after much consideration from all the swatches I've tried out on my first buy, which were just endless bags of foundation.

Shipping took 3 weeks or so to reach Singapore, inc 1 week of processing time which was decent enough, so no complaints on service.

I had never really tried out any loose foundations before so this is my first try to loose mineral foundations, but the reason why I got this was because I found Sephora's 8hr wear mattifying compact foundation this other day and 20 was exACTLY my shade so I ended up getting it. It contained bismuth oxychloride, which breaks my skin out like crazy. Thus began the quest for a powder foundation that won't break my skin out. Meow cosmetics was somehow this highly raved indie company well known for their endless shades of color and amazing formulation, so I thought, why not? I was exploring more and more on indie makeup anyway.

The thing is it wasn't really my shade, which was my own mistake so hahaha I'll just review on the formula itself, ignoring that it's not my shade. I'll get another one here that's my shade again, which I suspect more to be a naughty angora now, or try out other companies as there are a few things I did not quite like with the formula, but the pros are really good.

Pros:
-Incredibly heavy coverage for a powder, little goes a long way
-Gives off a really lustrous healthy glow that looks AMAzINg instead of a flat matte look
-Incredibly affordable as compared to many brands in the market
-Packaging is good and sturdy, product disperses through the sifter in a reasonable amount so I don't take the sifter off like I do in many brands
-Blends into the skin really well once set
-Plenty of free shipping offers on site!
-Huge selection of shades, take note that light shades are really light though so if you're normally a 2 or 20 on other brands, meow offers your shade more in a 3 or 4.
-Cat.

Cons:
-Somehow scratchy when first applied, but melts into skin
-Careful not to apply too much product as it cakes up pretty easily
-Waiting game for international buyers due to shipping (1st buy on huge amt of samples which took 3 weeks and another 3 weeks for the shade you think you are = 1.5 months worth a wait!)
-Incredibly outdated web design. Pretty nice nostalgia on childhood when Neopets was a hit.

Overall quite a good foundation, but there's more to try out from this brand too. Their eyeshadows are amazing, I ended up getting a full size of buck naked after trying out a sample, it's now my everyday eye color.

on 10/19/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use Pampered and Purrfect coverage levels . I have been a loyal Meow customer for 6 yrs. Firstly they do not use nano/micronized minerals so check that out please. I will not use most mineral make-up other than MC because i find it to be substandard. Shipping does take a couple weeks also its hard to pick or choose a shade HOWEVER they are so forgiving it dose'nt matter a whole lot. Examle i wear Abyssinian. Manx and Angora. As long as you dont go too dark your fine .I buy frisky and naughty color depth in all three...So.spend 20$ experiment pick 5 or so colors then try a few shades of each in the desired coverage. LIGHT=PURRFECT, MEDIUM=PAMPERED HEAVY=FLAWLESS. My advise have a water bottle fine mist to set this then blend after it drys then use a conceler brush to dab a little xtra on imperfections then mist again.

on 6/11/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ordered this trying to look for the perfect oil control mineral foundation with good coverage.

FIrst of all, good pricing for the amount you get! Slow shopping unfortunately, color range is weird...the "dark" shades reach NC-NW40s at the MOST.

Also I noticed when i wear this stuff I get SUPER oily. I was confused considering it was supposed to be a matte finish...but upon closer inspection...

has anyone noticed this stuff actually has chunks of glitter!?!?!?! NO WONDER MY FACE LOOKED LIKE AN OIL SLICK WITHIN THE HOUR

Recommended only for normal skin types.

on 11/26/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. It looks very natural yet does a good job evening out my skin tone. Compared to the liquid or cream foundations I've worn in the past this feels very light as if I'm not wearing anything. I love how there are so many shades to choose from as I was able to find an exact match.