Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

on 2/6/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After realizing my beloved Chanel foundation and primer were the cause of my breakouts, I began the switch to mineral foundations. I heard good things about Meow, and I wish I tried them sooner! As I have acne scarring/pitting from my teenage years I needed something with full coverage, so I passed on Purrfect Puss. Pampered Puss is nice, but I needed to build it up to get the coverage I needed and it didn't control oil at all despite using the oily primer and Top Cat finishing powder with it. Flawless Feline is *perfect* for my needs, giving full coverage yet a natural look in one thin layer. Used together with Meow's oily primer and Top Cat finishing powder my face is flawless yet natural-looking all day long. When I *do* get oily my face is dewy, not shiny. I spritz my kabuki with rosewater during application and spritz my face when done, which is probably why I'm not getting the dry, cakey look others have mentioned. I also use a HA serum and camellia oil for my moisturizer, so I imagine that if your face were bone-dry FF may not work for you. There *is* a bit of tightness when first applied (probably from the kaolin clay) but this dissipates quickly. I did have to take a lippy off as there's a major leap between Meow's medium and medium-deep shades (the 3-5 range).

On another note, I'm unsure as to why this foundation is getting such a low rating. I can understand any allergic reactions and drying effects, but those complaining about the color matching and shipping IMO need to chill and be patient. Meow is a small indie company, not a huge international conglomerate like MAC. If you want instant gratification, this isn't where you should be looking. If you want to support a small company with great products and value for the cost, you can't get much better than Meow. As for the color matching, it's easy to figure out if you're willing to be patient, do your research, and ask for help.

EDIT 5/9/12: Had to knock another lippy off and change my re-buy status to "no". My skin's gotten a lot better so I don't need as much coverage, and with the weather getting warmer FF was making my face itch and sting like crazy. Switched to Pampered Puss and I'm perfectly happy. I did find a perfect match in PP without mixing, Slinky Manx.

on 8/5/2008 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've sampled this line consistently now for a solid year. My goal was two-fold.
1.To find a compatible foundation color match
2.To find a foundation in this raved line that agreed with my skin type - didn't cause me to itch.
After 1 year of sampling I've come to two conclusions.
1.This company has great products- I love their bronzers and several blushes - but
2.This company simply doesn't have a foundation that will work for me. I have bags and bags of Meow foundation samples in several color families as well as in all 3 formulas that I simply cannot use.

on 2/26/2007 3:39:00 PM

I've been using Meow's Original Formula Foundation for months, but I decided to try the flawless Feline version for days I need more coverage. I bought some samples, and I am VERY impressed. It blends perfectly and melts into my skin, yet covers completely. No itchies, no oily breakthrough. I think I've found my HG. I'm ordering a full size immediately!!!