Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

I ordered samples of the Flawless and Purfect foundations in a range of yellow based colors. I am leaving virtually the same review for both formulas.

First, I read the shipping information and knew it would take a couple of weeks. After waiting patiently for a shipping notification I went to the site to learn that the owner lost a family member. 21 days after placing my order, it finally shipped. A few points here:

**I can sympathize first-hand with the loss of a parent. I don't understand how this sets an entire company back. Unless everyone who works there is related??
**If you experience a delay, how about giving your customers a heads up? When my order did arrive, there was no apology or thanking me for my patience.
**Based on reviews and blogs, it seems this has been a pattern with Meow since business began. With no improvement in turn around. I've made this compliant before: how can someone processing orders in their pajamas from home get better turnaround than an actual business with facilities and employees? Clearly customer service is not the focus.
**I could even overlook this if products are fantastic. Unfortunately, I didn't receive anything I would order again let alone put up with the lack of professional hustle - I don't work like this and I absolutely don't condone or endorse anyone else who works this way.

I read so many reviews describing how "creamy" these foundations are. I was confused that maybe I had forgotten what "creamy" meant so I referred to my dictionary. After verifying what it means to be creamy, I went back and tested again.

While this line may be better than, say, BE, it didn't wow. There wasn't much difference in coverage between the Purfect and Flawless. While I could get a decent finish, I never did reach a level of coverage I would call full. While I didn't get any radiance from either formula I can't say they came off dull or chalky either. Again, meh. However, I found I had to use quite a bit of product.

There was no scent, no irritation. No breakout.

If you have a super hard skin tone to match and this is #1 on your deal breaker list, Meow cosmetics may benefit you. I have never seen so many shades represented and organized so nicely.

One take away that made this process a win is I realized that for me a little yellow, a little beige, a little olive really just pull from different tones in my natural color. I found several doable color families. My one recommendation if you must try this line - order the next darker color than you believe you will need. I thought I was pushing the envelope at the Frisky level but should have tried at least one darker.

Another take away from this experience was a factor that contributes to selecting darker shades than necessary. Most people pass this off as trying to fake a tan. Light shades don't cover as well as darker shades do. It is a problem I've experienced many times. Liquids tend to cover better but powder foundations, bb creams, tinted moisturizers typically do not offer the same level of cover across shade ranges.

I ordered the lightest shade in my goto MUAC baked powder foundation and it is perfect. It offers amazing coverage. The finish is radiant. It covers with just a few passes. Pores disappear. And it stays put. It also comes in a compact which I prefer to the loose powder. This powder has a very creamy application. No smell. No glitter. No breakouts. So, at least I reaffirmed that I have my HG powder/daily foundation.

I admit the finishing powder and blushes (one was actually very nice) were ok but nowhere near so great that I will visit this company again. I chunked my entire order in the trash.

I have seen Meow reviews before and I was put off by the whole cat lady theme and the tacky cheetah/leopard cat print motif. Brrrrrrrrt. So tacky you can hang posters with it.

Worst online company I have had to deal with EVER!
Placed a large order on this website. They sent me the order after 3 weeks of waiting. One of the items I ordered was defective and not as described. I let them know sent them 4 emails and heard back from them about 2 weeks later. Their response was that they couldn't care less. They told me that they couldn't accept the item back. Thankfully I paid with PayPal. Filed a dispute and PayPal helped me get my money back and get the defective item back to them. I got an email from them telling me they are going to send me to collections now which is ridiculous and that they are going to cancel any future or present orders from me, my IP address or my mailing address as they don't want to sell anymore products to me because of this. Well they don't have to worry I won't ever be purchasing any products from them ever again or let alone recommend them. I don't usually tend to leave reviews, but I just had to write this because I wish I would have know how little this company cares about their customers and how bad their customer support is. Please beware and stay away! Trust me their are far better companies out there with better makeup/beauty products that actually care for their customers.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Didn't like this. Doesn't cover well no matter how much you put on especially blemishes which is the main reason is wear make up, is chalky and is pretty light in coverage. You would have to have pretty perfect skin to wear. Plus didnt like the concealer either. Sorry meow, i had high hopes for you. Wish it didnt contain Mica.

Edit: Made me break out! Waste of $$$$.

on 10/28/2010 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This powder manages to have an extremely drying effect on the skin. Even with moisturizer you can end up looking scaly.

Meow doesn't accept returns or exchanges which I think is obnoxious. They should at least accept unopened items.

I would not recommend this to anyone with dry or combination skin because it will make you look flaky. I have normal to dry skin and I can't use this HUGE shaker (30g) for anything.

There's some temptation to buy this product because it says full coverage, but it looks like a mask. It's better to just buy a different foundation that's sheerer and build up.

Their website is a mess. The colors don't show up very true to life.

I don't think I am purchasing anything from Meow again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got a sample of Flawless Feline in Inquisitive Chausie. First off, I have very pale skin, and drugstore makeup is always too dark for me. But this stuff was waaaay too light. Even for a pale redhead like me! Also, this stuff sunk right into my pores. Yuck, not a good look. It also made me itchy. Not pleasant. Also, the coverage was pretty pathetic, even after 2 layers. Luckily, I didn't break out, but it didn't do anything for my skin. Which sucks, because I was really excited and had high hopes for Meow. :(

EDIT: It also made the skin around my eyes turn kind of pink and of course, itch.

on 9/13/2017 10:25:00 PM

after reading all the good reviews about this foundation i had to get it . only to my disappointment. its very dry and chalky so its hard to get to actually go on and stay on to the face . ive tried spraying the brush but the foundation just stays clumpy in the brush and wont come out . also tried having a very moisturized/ wet base but it just blended very patchy and looked awful and heavy . ive never had a mineral foundation so difficult to use .
i have got many samples of other shades aswell and also some blushes, bronzers and eyeshadows and i noticed the pics on their site the colors/shades look very different to real life -they look at least a shade or 2 lighter in real life which made it hard to actually get a good match in the foundation. all the other brands of mineral foundations i have used are very soft and velvety/almost creamy and blend like a dream.
the only good thing about this foundation this the color range...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not really a fan of this or the company.

It took the company 7 days to fulfill my order. They also require a $10 minimum purchase in addition to charging quite a bit on shipping- more than they actually need to spend to ship an item.
Their samples were kind of chintzy. I have used Alima in the past and they will give you mini pots, but Meow just puts them in ziploc baggies. It seems petty but it affects how messy and functional the product is. I tried the flawless version of the foundation and found it really powdery. Believe me, there are mineral powders out there that melt into your skin. Much of it has to do with the milling process of the foundation. The finish on this left me powdery, with no coverage, and it clung to my dry skin.
Also, regarding the milling process. I know that Meow sells these 3 oz, mega jars of foundation. I am sure they are less expensive than other brands, but because the foundation is not finally milled you will use much more to get the coverage of a higher quality foundation.

on 3/12/2015 3:01:00 AM

I really really hoped I would love this product but...I just cant : (

After trying the pampered puss version I decided to order some samples in the flawless feline version because my skin did not like pampered puss... unfortunately, while this flawless feline formula was less irritating on my skin than the pampered puss formula (go figure!) I just do not like how this sits on my skin. I have dry-combination type skin and this just does not meld into my skin at all...it just kind of sits ontop of my skin and looks powdery all day long, I do not like that look! I also didn't find that this was full coverage at all for me, even after layering I could only get medium coverage out of it.

I found a great color match in the Manx line however, but I just think I will give up on meow cosmetics and look else where...Plus I feel that I wasted 30 dollars (because you HAVE to have a $10 minimum order which sucks when you just want to sample some shades..) trying to sample everything when I was so hopeful in finding something that would work for me : (

Sorry meow, you just arent for me at all.

Pros
-so many shades to choose
-simple ingredients
-3 different formulas to choose

cons
-only medium coverage (not full as claimed)
-powdery/dry looking on my skin
-doesnt meld into the skin
-expensive sampling

on 5/6/2014 7:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you're looking for full coverage then this is NOT it! I spent over $30 just on samples hoping to find that most perfect match that every woman seems to want. I fall between 2 Frisky Siamese (a little too pink on me) and 1 Sleek Sphynx (looked white on my skin when swatched).
Now maybe I could look past actually not being able to find my perfect color match, but the fact that you have to spend $10 or more on your purchase in order for your purchase to be processed and samples are $1 per bag, which are skimpy and not much product imo-(So many other companies such as Lucy Minerals offer generous samples) BUT- this product is a horrible misrepresentation of what the product itself is suppose to be: FULL COVERAGE!! It's not full coverage at all! And the lack of customer service, about 2 weeks to process my order, waiting and checking my email constantly to see when my order shipped was annoying. I understand this is a small Indie company but at least a heads up to the customer saying your order may take 2 weeks to process would be appreciated.

I have been searching for my HG in the mineral makeup world for some time now and Meow is the one company I seem to be fuming about the most because of all the money I wasted in samples alone and was still not able to find a perfect match even though Meow offers 36 colors to the fairest of skin tones to the darkest of skin tones. And yet me, who is light skinned, not fair, with very slight yellow undertones, not dominate pink or peach and maybe a tad neutral or warm toned could not find a color match. Sigh. You'd think with all the color selection someone like me would be able to find a match but nope, wasn't able to. I even swatched the samples several times on my face just be sure.
I've tried Bare Minerals (HATE!! And offers no coverage), EDM (ok, offers more coverage than Meow but not the kind of coverage I desire), Lucy Minerals (LOVE! But not an exact perfect match), Aromaleigh (way too chalky!) and other brands that I can't remember off the top of my head but my bathroom is full of samples, the grave site of laid to rest of samples I have tried and hated (other than Lucy Minerals).
I had such high expectations of this mineral foundation and I'm severely disappointed in the lack of coverage and the inability to find a match for my skin even though there's 36 colors to choose from. Today I applied my EDM in the color Ivory (an almost perfect match) and was able to get full coverage with just a tiny amount of product used.
(I LOVE Lucy Minerals, it's definitely full coverage but I get REALLY shiny as time goes on and I don't have oily skin but I do have combination skin, with a few breakouts and some acne scarring and I have not been able to find that perfect skin match that I'm craving. Pale Olive and Light seem to be the best color matches for me but not perfect.) Lucy is what I will be comparing all the other brands I sample to from now on because I have never been able to find a full coverage foundation until I tried Lucy Minerals. Maybe that's why my expectations weren't met from Meow?
I'm not planning on throwing away my samples, I might try tinkering around with them again just to see if I can get the coverage I'm craving but I'm doubtful. And I refuse to mix 2 colors together considering that there are 36 colors available so I SHOULD be able to find a match
I will be sampling foundation from Signature Minerals next and hopefully will find that perfect color match from them with the full coverage I desire.
I had high expectations for this because of the reviews on here. I'm so disappointed :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I feel bad givign this product a bad rating since the owners seem like honest and hardworking people.
I am dark skinned with golden undertones and did not seemed to find a match but at the time really wanted to get away from commercial foundations and decided to switch. I got an OK match in MAU (i think) and ordered the full size.
It looked ok but made my face really itchy. I do not know which ingredient is the culprit since it has no bismuth.