Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

4.4

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

I ordered samples of the Flawless and Purfect foundations in a range of yellow based colors. I am leaving virtually the same review for both formulas.

First, I read the shipping information and knew it would take a couple of weeks. After waiting patiently for a shipping notification I went to the site to learn that the owner lost a family member. 21 days after placing my order, it finally shipped. A few points here:

**I can sympathize first-hand with the loss of a parent. I don't understand how this sets an entire company back. Unless everyone who works there is related??
**If you experience a delay, how about giving your customers a heads up? When my order did arrive, there was no apology or thanking me for my patience.
**Based on reviews and blogs, it seems this has been a pattern with Meow since business began. With no improvement in turn around. I've made this compliant before: how can someone processing orders in their pajamas from home get better turnaround than an actual business with facilities and employees? Clearly customer service is not the focus.
**I could even overlook this if products are fantastic. Unfortunately, I didn't receive anything I would order again let alone put up with the lack of professional hustle - I don't work like this and I absolutely don't condone or endorse anyone else who works this way.

I read so many reviews describing how "creamy" these foundations are. I was confused that maybe I had forgotten what "creamy" meant so I referred to my dictionary. After verifying what it means to be creamy, I went back and tested again.

While this line may be better than, say, BE, it didn't wow. There wasn't much difference in coverage between the Purfect and Flawless. While I could get a decent finish, I never did reach a level of coverage I would call full. While I didn't get any radiance from either formula I can't say they came off dull or chalky either. Again, meh. However, I found I had to use quite a bit of product.

There was no scent, no irritation. No breakout.

If you have a super hard skin tone to match and this is #1 on your deal breaker list, Meow cosmetics may benefit you. I have never seen so many shades represented and organized so nicely.

One take away that made this process a win is I realized that for me a little yellow, a little beige, a little olive really just pull from different tones in my natural color. I found several doable color families. My one recommendation if you must try this line - order the next darker color than you believe you will need. I thought I was pushing the envelope at the Frisky level but should have tried at least one darker.

Another take away from this experience was a factor that contributes to selecting darker shades than necessary. Most people pass this off as trying to fake a tan. Light shades don't cover as well as darker shades do. It is a problem I've experienced many times. Liquids tend to cover better but powder foundations, bb creams, tinted moisturizers typically do not offer the same level of cover across shade ranges.

I ordered the lightest shade in my goto MUAC baked powder foundation and it is perfect. It offers amazing coverage. The finish is radiant. It covers with just a few passes. Pores disappear. And it stays put. It also comes in a compact which I prefer to the loose powder. This powder has a very creamy application. No smell. No glitter. No breakouts. So, at least I reaffirmed that I have my HG powder/daily foundation.

I admit the finishing powder and blushes (one was actually very nice) were ok but nowhere near so great that I will visit this company again. I chunked my entire order in the trash.

I have seen Meow reviews before and I was put off by the whole cat lady theme and the tacky cheetah/leopard cat print motif. Brrrrrrrrt. So tacky you can hang posters with it.

on 10/5/2016 6:40:00 AM

I like it really much. I have tried many, many foundations. Some of them were really expensive(Kanebo,Guerlain..) some of them were quite cheap. I tried also some of mineraal foundations -but that was something absolutelly not for me-till I discovered Meow Felline!
Why 4 stars not 5 ? only because to find the right colour I need to order many samples and then mix them to find the right colour. I can not buy just one and be happy! :( and this is only one thing what I dont like, the rest is great.
Felline cover very, very good, you will get super flawless skin. It is the most natural make up I have ever tried! I love to look natural and not like a doll with full cover face.
Ingredients are super , every day your skin looks better and better.
Ideal for people with sensitive, allergic skin.
This is not longterm foundation but on my mix combination skin is the same for 8-9 hours.
I have the feeling that with every hour looks even better!
If you dont like (at the beginning) matt finish look -u can use thermal water to spray all over your face.
I really recommend it.
Service is also very , very good. I order it from USA web page and I have it in Amsterdam after 1 week.
great product

on 3/23/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been a long time user of Meow's Purrfect Puss foundation but lately I've been searching for a full coverage foundation and decided to try Flawless Feline. OMG, this is the BEST! I ordered the same shade I was in PP and it was perfect. I apply it with the elf powder brush and I get the full coverage I need. I don't even need a separate concealer. I couldn't believe the quick full coverage I got by this one product plus it gives a natural flawless finish. Doesn't look cakey, shiney or accentuates my large pores. I love it!

on 2/23/2015 2:35:00 PM

I live in the UK and have tried every foundation and every bb cream. My skin is very oily with terrible acne in the past. I use the same brand primer and top coat for the past 3 or 4 months. I find this is the only foundation that has not broken me out and reduces how oily I am. I'm not looking for my scars to be covered, my main aim is not to add more acne. As this has not broken me out this is fine, I only need to blot once and that's only for special occasions and not as much as before. I can go to bed and when I wash there is makeup to remove, previously all my foundation's would be long gone by 1pm, mainly on my phone. Yes I can look a bit chalky for the first 30 mins after I apply but then my skin looks fine. If I reapply for a special occasion and want to go straight out I just either mist with toner or put my clean, warm palms on my face to help it settle more quickly. The match of the colour is amazing and worth the effort of ordering the samples. If you have acne made worse by foundations I can't recommend this enough, first time I've felt like I'm using a foundation that makes my skin better not worse. I've used Liz Earl, Channel, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Bare Minerals and Laura Gellar to name but a few, none stuck and some really aggravate my skin. If I really wanted to their concealer does cover my red old scars but they don't bother me enough to bother.

on 4/23/2012 3:05:00 PM

I ordered a few samples of this a while ago and I finally got around to trying them and so far I really like this makeup. My samples came in plastic baggies in a little animal print pouch and all of the makeup has cat related names which I thought was really cute :) Shipping took a little longer than I expected but I received a few eyeshadow samples with my order, which I thought was a nice touch. Their eyeshadows have alot of pigment in them so a little goes a long way. I love that this does not have ingredients in it that usually clog my pores and cause irritation such as Bismuth Oxychloride and it doesn't have a ton of mica in it so it doesn't look too shiny and glittery and best of all because it did not make my skin itch and breakout like so many other mineral makeups do. Yay! They have a great color selection which makes it really easy to find a match. I'd say the coverage is ok. Probably sheer - medium at best, even in the "Flawless Feline" finish but it is buildable and I like that this doesn't look chalky or powdery. All in all I'd say that although this is not my HG in MMU I do think it is one of the better formulas out there that I've tried (especially for those with sensitive skin) and I really like that it gives pretty good coverage with minimal ingredients.This is one I would definitely use/buy it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is seriously the BEST foundation ever! Once you get over the overwhelment of all the shades (sampling, and emailing Meow customer service is the best way to go), you'll find that you'll never look at another foundation again.

When I decided to use only natural products and mineral makeup, I looked around for liquid mineral foundation, as I thought that powder would be way too drying. After finding nothing I liked (and spending way too much $$$), I decided to try Meow. Well, I was very impressed!! It did not dry out my skin, was very cheap, and covered my pigmentation. This is a foundation I will continue to buy - though the jar is massive, so I don't envisage needing any more for quite a while!

on 3/27/2011 9:37:00 AM

I ordered some samples of the Flawless Feline and Purrrfect Puss mineral foundations from Meow is a few colors to try out. Luckily, one of the colors, Frisky Korat, matches quite well, and the other shades are nice to mix with blush because they are a little too pink for my skin tone.
With the full-coverage Flawless Feline I had to do a couple of practice runs. I had some uneven cakiness the first time. This was due to my application technique and the fact that I was trying to get the product out of a plastic baggie. I found some empty plastic containers and transferred my samples to make it easier. With better control over the product, I found that this mineral makeup applies very smoothly and looks fantastic. It covers red spots and broken capillaries, so I didn't have to use any concealer or color corrector with this foundation.

I experimented with extra layers to see just how much it can cover, and I found that while 2-3 layers is great, 5 looks TOO flawless! I wore the five layers all day however, and I had no cakiness. I had to blot some oil because I do have combo skin, but the makeup stayed in place. Blotting and dusting a very light powder keeps it looking perfect. I also had some of the meow VIP blush on with this trial, and both looked fantastic after 8-9 hours.

I am going to buy a full size of this foundation now that I know how to apply it .

on 11/26/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. It looks very natural yet does a good job evening out my skin tone. Compared to the liquid or cream foundations I've worn in the past this feels very light as if I'm not wearing anything. I love how there are so many shades to choose from as I was able to find an exact match.

I`m so glad I got recommended to Meow. My skin is a bit oily and acne-prone so the dry-out effect suits me perfect.
flawless feline is great for layers, if I want my pores to disappear I take a sponge, for just a bit of "feel-better" I take the meow-flat top brush.
It took me several samples to find the best colour, first of all because I started with inquisitive, as I am quite pale, but getting happy with frisky. chaussy is perfect for my greyish- red spotted from scars and beige parts -skin.
The colour discriptions are very helpful.
The packaging survived its way to germany. The munchkin is a perfect size and best of all, the brushes can be swirled in the cap.
The only thing I miss is a take-away version, to put in my bag and feel safe at work ;-)

on 1/5/2008 8:20:00 PM

my skin-->Asian, 40 years old, oily, acne prone, enlarged pores, redness around sides of nose and chin.

I'm at it again! I purchased Meow's Flawless Feline(FF) in Naughty Angora(full size) and Naughty Manx(munchkin size). I did not get the sample sizes because it is usually not enough for me to really know if I like the texture/color. I must say that Meow's yellow based MMU's are really, really yellow! Exactly what I am looking for! Great!

The Angora shade is a soft pale yellow, not a speck on beige or brown it at all. Love that! It is so hard to find a truly good yellow based foundation of any sorts(liquid, pressed, MMU)! In the FF formulation, the Angora was a bit too yellow. Can you imagine that?! I can't believe it myself! Luckily, the coverage isn't too heavy(even though this is their heaviest coverage formulation), so I was able to blend it in. It was enough to blur out some redness, however, not heavy enough to cover darker blemishes. I need a concealer to cover up some remaining spots. That's okay though because sometimes too much coverage over the entire face will end up very cakey looking anyway!

The Manx is yellow based as well, but with just a tiny bit of peach to it. I purchased the munchkin size because I did not want to get stuck with a gigantic jar of this if the color was all wrong. I think this color combo works well for me. A girl in my office actually said my skin looks so smooth and light. She is usually so critical of my face. Don't ask me why, but she is...If I have 1 hair out of place, believe me, she will tell me right away. I'm really loving this color and light texture.

I will purchase the full size FF Manx and in Pampered Puss(their medium coverage formulation). I will use the FF when I need more coverage or for a night out on the town. When my skin allows(acne slows down), I will use the Pampered Puss. I'll keep the Angora for my chin areas or when my face has a bit more redness issues. I think I've found my holy grail MMU.....woo hoo!