Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

on 9/13/2017 10:25:00 PM

after reading all the good reviews about this foundation i had to get it . only to my disappointment. its very dry and chalky so its hard to get to actually go on and stay on to the face . ive tried spraying the brush but the foundation just stays clumpy in the brush and wont come out . also tried having a very moisturized/ wet base but it just blended very patchy and looked awful and heavy . ive never had a mineral foundation so difficult to use .
i have got many samples of other shades aswell and also some blushes, bronzers and eyeshadows and i noticed the pics on their site the colors/shades look very different to real life -they look at least a shade or 2 lighter in real life which made it hard to actually get a good match in the foundation. all the other brands of mineral foundations i have used are very soft and velvety/almost creamy and blend like a dream.
the only good thing about this foundation this the color range...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meow makes the best mineral foundations ever!
I tested tones of mineral foundations and I find this one just perfect for my skin.
Of course, you have to bear in mind the specifics of powder minerals. Might be little drying, you need good brush and some practice to apply it correctly. It you can live with that, give it a try.
This foundation is superior, because of its texture and final effect you get.
The complexion looks like it has been photoshoped - pores are not visible, as well as any discolouration. Seconds after application it might look very powdery, but after a while, it settles into dewy finish.
My skin is very oily and my makeup looks very good after long day in the office. It won't settle in pores, fine lines, etc. Does not cling to dry patches.

I have never experienced any bad reaction on my skin.
There are some questionable ingredients, i.e titanium dioxide, but as far as I'm aware, Meow does not use nano particles in their formulations. And the np of titanium dioxide poses the risk.

My only compliant is that the colour range is killing me each time I need to decide. And their colour advice is not very useful, like for skin with pink undertones choose pinkish foundation. To look even more pinkish? I don't think so...

on 1/25/2016 1:42:00 PM

I have been using the Pampered Puss foundation (medium coverage) and love it but wanted to try the Flawless Feline for more coverage. I wear Frisky Siamese in the PP and ordered the same shade for FF. I'm not sure if it's because it's a denser formulation, but the shade looks significantly lighter in FF compared to PP. It's not the perfect match that Pampered Puss was for me, but I can make it work with some bronzer and a layer of PP over the FF (sorry about all the abbreviations haha). So that's something to be aware of when ordering! It's also slightly more expensive than the PP, but still a good value.

Aside from that, I am loving Flawless Feline as well. I use just a tiny bit on my brush and buff pretty intensely and it spreads very finely over my skin, melting into oblivion and covering very well by the time I'm through. If you want to take it to 100% full coverage, it will definitely look slightly patchy and powdery, but this light application - followed by a layer of the Pampered Puss and a smidge of their Top Cat finishing powder - creates a very even, satiny complexion for me with great oil control that lasts all day.

I've had zero breakouts from Meow products. I'm not a natural makeup junkie by any means but I really appreciate that I can look at the ingredients list and accurately gauge that nothing will irritate my skin. I also love that I don't NEED to double cleanse to get this stuff off at the end of the day, even though it has great longevity!

on 5/6/2014 7:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you're looking for full coverage then this is NOT it! I spent over $30 just on samples hoping to find that most perfect match that every woman seems to want. I fall between 2 Frisky Siamese (a little too pink on me) and 1 Sleek Sphynx (looked white on my skin when swatched).
Now maybe I could look past actually not being able to find my perfect color match, but the fact that you have to spend $10 or more on your purchase in order for your purchase to be processed and samples are $1 per bag, which are skimpy and not much product imo-(So many other companies such as Lucy Minerals offer generous samples) BUT- this product is a horrible misrepresentation of what the product itself is suppose to be: FULL COVERAGE!! It's not full coverage at all! And the lack of customer service, about 2 weeks to process my order, waiting and checking my email constantly to see when my order shipped was annoying. I understand this is a small Indie company but at least a heads up to the customer saying your order may take 2 weeks to process would be appreciated.

I have been searching for my HG in the mineral makeup world for some time now and Meow is the one company I seem to be fuming about the most because of all the money I wasted in samples alone and was still not able to find a perfect match even though Meow offers 36 colors to the fairest of skin tones to the darkest of skin tones. And yet me, who is light skinned, not fair, with very slight yellow undertones, not dominate pink or peach and maybe a tad neutral or warm toned could not find a color match. Sigh. You'd think with all the color selection someone like me would be able to find a match but nope, wasn't able to. I even swatched the samples several times on my face just be sure.
I've tried Bare Minerals (HATE!! And offers no coverage), EDM (ok, offers more coverage than Meow but not the kind of coverage I desire), Lucy Minerals (LOVE! But not an exact perfect match), Aromaleigh (way too chalky!) and other brands that I can't remember off the top of my head but my bathroom is full of samples, the grave site of laid to rest of samples I have tried and hated (other than Lucy Minerals).
I had such high expectations of this mineral foundation and I'm severely disappointed in the lack of coverage and the inability to find a match for my skin even though there's 36 colors to choose from. Today I applied my EDM in the color Ivory (an almost perfect match) and was able to get full coverage with just a tiny amount of product used.
(I LOVE Lucy Minerals, it's definitely full coverage but I get REALLY shiny as time goes on and I don't have oily skin but I do have combination skin, with a few breakouts and some acne scarring and I have not been able to find that perfect skin match that I'm craving. Pale Olive and Light seem to be the best color matches for me but not perfect.) Lucy is what I will be comparing all the other brands I sample to from now on because I have never been able to find a full coverage foundation until I tried Lucy Minerals. Maybe that's why my expectations weren't met from Meow?
I'm not planning on throwing away my samples, I might try tinkering around with them again just to see if I can get the coverage I'm craving but I'm doubtful. And I refuse to mix 2 colors together considering that there are 36 colors available so I SHOULD be able to find a match
I will be sampling foundation from Signature Minerals next and hopefully will find that perfect color match from them with the full coverage I desire.
I had high expectations for this because of the reviews on here. I'm so disappointed :(

on 10/6/2013 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Meow Cosmetics foundations! Flawless Feline is very full coverage and is very matte. After about 6 months of use (in combination with the OCM), my acne cleared up and I don't need full coverage anymore, so I've since switched to Pampered Puss (medium coverage) version. The price is great, lasts forever; only downside is finding the perfect shade when ordering online (you can get samples for $1 each, but I had to spend about $20 in samples to find a good shade for me). This has more coverage than the concealers they sell, so you may want to save $ by using this as concealer.

on 10/19/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use Pampered and Purrfect coverage levels . I have been a loyal Meow customer for 6 yrs. Firstly they do not use nano/micronized minerals so check that out please. I will not use most mineral make-up other than MC because i find it to be substandard. Shipping does take a couple weeks also its hard to pick or choose a shade HOWEVER they are so forgiving it dose'nt matter a whole lot. Examle i wear Abyssinian. Manx and Angora. As long as you dont go too dark your fine .I buy frisky and naughty color depth in all three...So.spend 20$ experiment pick 5 or so colors then try a few shades of each in the desired coverage. LIGHT=PURRFECT, MEDIUM=PAMPERED HEAVY=FLAWLESS. My advise have a water bottle fine mist to set this then blend after it drys then use a conceler brush to dab a little xtra on imperfections then mist again.

I am in love with this foundation. It has AMAZING coverage... like I've never experienced before. And I don't have to layer on the coverage. One brush over my skin and it deposits a ton of pigment. The nice thing about it too is that it stays put longer than any other makeup I've used. I tried another popular mineral foundation and it didn't help in the months where you're sweating or when your face becomes an oil slick because of the temperature. It does not make me break out, it does not dry out my face, it does not fail me. They do give you a lot for your money so it's well worth it. I get the largest size they have and since you don't have to layer to get coverage, you only use a fraction and it lasts you FOREVER. The only CONS are: they have a ton of colors to choose from and it takes some detective work (and trial and error through sampling) to get the right color for your skin ~ your vanity/makeup counter will be covered in foundation dust ~ you shouldn't breathe in when applying because it will go in through your nose and mouth and eyes (it's so finely milled). I think it took me 3-4 tries to get the color right. But once you find the right shade, I hope you will rave about them just as much.

After many years (and dozens of samples) searching for the right mineral foundation, I found not only my perfect formula, but also my perfect match, in Meow Cosmetics. By the way, I'm about NC 25, and Naughty Chartreux fits me through and through, with no need for further mixing.

Flawless Feline is their fullest coverage formula, and although some here say it is drying to their skin, I have to say my sensitive & combo skin (oily nose, normal elsewhere) doesn't seem to notice. Some are also saying it looks cakey, but I haven't found that either. See, my trick with Flawless Feline - and this is why I love it so much - is that, having the coverage it has, I can get away with applying a small amount of it. That way, it feels like nothing on and still gives me good coverage. If your skin doesn't need complete coverage from a foundation and you, like me, hate having to apply large amounts of stuff to your face, try applying a small amount of Flawless Feline... it may work as well for you as it does for me. :)

HG!!!!!! I've been using Meow's Original flawless Feline for more than 2 years now and ordered my second jar now. Despite of Dior, Chanel and Kanebo this is still the best Foundation for my skin. Why? It covers well, it looks absolutely natural, my skin is still breathing, and it is long lasting and no break-outs, even if I wear it for 24 hours.
Although it was a long journey to my perfect shade (after buying lots of samples) I have found my PERFECT shade, namely Chartreux, which is a golden, peachy and warm tone without screaming yellow, the perfect shade for my mediterranean skintone. It blends perfectly and melts into my skin, because it is so finely milled.
Yet, it is crucial that you use an EXCELLENT moisturizer underneath this MF. I have tried it with a normal cream, and it is just not the same, because it has a drying effect on my combination skin. When I use my Vichy Aqualia Thermal Moisturizer (which has gotten excellent reviews on MUA) it looks as if I put on different make-up. It looks so good!!!!!! On photos, my skin looks flawless!!!!

on 10/7/2008 9:32:00 AM

I like this MMU but for me it's NOT ENOUGH COVERAGE! I really like heavy coverage to cover my freckles (think Estee Lauder Double Wear, but I don't like liquid MU).... So, IMO this didn't cover as well as other MMU brands I've tried. And, like another reviewer mentioned my skin did feel dried out and appeared a bit flakey in areas a few hours after application. Disappointed, I was hoping this would be my HG! :(