DHC Lip Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Black
DHC Lip Cream

4.1

I highly recommend this lip balm.
Its very creamy, not sticky, help my dry lip very well.
The packaging is great,the cap is strong. The bullet is shiny,great packaging and great quality too.
If it cost u only usd4 to 5, i highly recommend u try it.
In Japan its very cheap, its because not much product in the bullet.
Vaseline lip balm is a lot cheaper but the difference that you get is a lot too.
This dhc works. It moisture without make it so sticky. Very comfortable in the lip.
If u wear it at night, u won't notice it while sleeping because it's not that sticky, but when you wake up, your lip already so soft .
And of course, be careful of the fake one.
The original one will work on everyone, it's really moisturising, creamy, not sticky, not smelly.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best lip balms ever - it's a champ at hydrating and possibly the lightest lip balm formula I've ever used, since it doesn't even feel like I have anything on. It has a clear, waxy formula and smell but on your lips, it's really light and absorbs quickly. I've decided to make this my new priming lip balm before wearing matte lipsticks, it takes care of dry lips really well. Also the packaging is simple but secure, no danger of this losing its cap when it gets knocked around in a bag.

The only negative is that it's rather expensive for a clear lip balm. I got mine on discount in Japan, but I don't think I'd have bought it at full price. I'll probably buy another tube when I go back, though. That said, this is not an absolute necessity since my Nivea and other drugstore lip balms do just fine, but like I said, I'd love it as a priming balm for lipsticks.

This is my favorite overnight lip cream.

Top 5 reasons for loving it:
- It provides long-lasting stain-free hydration
- It's fragrance-free and contains anti-aging ingredient
- It has a nice packaging
- It has the right name
- It is affordable

Check out full review and how to get it cheap at:
- http://bit.ly/dhcLipcream

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I bought this in Japan for around $6-7 at the drugstore. It gets high marks from cosme.net, which is similar to MUA in Japan, which is why I was interested in trying this out. This is the same brand infamous for their Deep Cleansing Oil.

I had this un-open and stored in a cool dark place for over a year before using it. By the time I opened it, it had a distinct rancid waxy smell, but I used it anyway. I can imagine that it was tasteless and odor-less when fresh. I'm not that picky, so I'm still midway of using it daily. I estimate it will last 2-3 months with frequent use. Heed reviews that it will start smelling funky around 6 months.

I would repurchase this again if I knew I would be able to use it fresh within 6 months of purchase.

PROS:
- sturdy packaging, elegant, good heft (metal and plastic), reminiscent of Clinique's Black Honey packaging
- more emollient on the lips than most "chapstick" type balms
- great as a lip treatment
- priced well for what you get
- fragrance free

CONS:
- fragrance free (LOL) This means there is no fragrance to make it scent-free
- must be low on preservatives, because this will start smelling like rancid oil in less than a year
- those allergic to lanolin should stay away

on 5/7/2013 2:44:00 AM

This is my favorite lip balm.

It literally removed those pesky dry, flaky skin on my lips OVERNIGHT. I was so surprised coz' this product was just given to me as a gift. Didn't expect much from it same way other lip balms disappointed me. I was like ok whatever...

But the next morning my whatever was wow! So soft, smooth and juicy kissable:)

Hurrah i finally find the right lip balm for me...

on 4/6/2010 2:34:00 AM

Overall Review:
The packaging is nice & sweet looking to be carry around for touchup & such. Its easy to apply smooth gliding on lips and great to use as base on lipstick. For the price, its kinda steep to get to use in the day only as its isnt performing for night.

Day use: I would say its ok to be use for day use,very lightweight & mild but you need to re-apply frequently in the day. Since it would kinda absorb or dry up in a while.

Night use: Its not a suitable formula to be use for night as it can hardly last you till morning. I realised that my lips are dry up & wrinkled when i wake up in the morning. For night use a thicker formula would better as the application would have to see you thru from hours without re-applying.

on 8/6/2008 2:53:00 PM

actually i bought this one to make up the amount for free delivery at DHC official website, and it didnt work as good as i expect though..since i read tons recommendations for this lip cream; however, it didnt give me as much protection and moisturize as i expect..it works ok, but not excellent, will not buy it again

on 5/6/2008 5:28:00 AM

This is the very famous DHC Lip Cream thats always ranked about no.1 at Cosme.net. I finally got round to purchasing one myself and it didnt cost me much money, about US$8 maybe.

I bought it in Tokyo and it was Springtime.. the air was very dry and the winds were cold and my lips were cracking apart. On first application it didnt feel at all impressive. Just your regular lipbalm feeling. Nothing unusual. Was about to lose hope but i still put it on the night before i slept, but the next morning the DHC had healed my cracks! It sure doesnt feel or look like anything special but the point of it, and why its probably so famous is that it actually works and is not some prettily packaged gimmick.

Back in Singapore where the weather is hellishly hot and we're all sweating like pigs, DHC grew uncomfortable to use because its so thick and quite heavy. Not to mention my stick has become softer due to the higher temperatures. In Singapore i prefer to use a chapstick that has abit of a cool tingly sensation, so in conclusion i would only use this product in the situation of dry weather.

I actually like the packaging - its a glossy plastic apricot colored lipstick-type twist out container - nothing flimsy, and very sturdy. Ive seen some girls in Japan pimping their DHC Lip Cream by adding on stick on jewels. A cult item there for sure.

edit: i suspect the girls here and i are refering to different products, so heres a pic of mine - click continued.

continued >>