DHC Lip Cream

3.3

on 3/16/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty good dupe for MAC prep + prime. At first I thought it was a fair performing balm but nothing to write home about. It is nourishing and moisturising but because of the soft waxy texture the good effects weren't as noticeable until the coating wore off to reveal nice soft lips. I used to wipe it off before applying lipstick but now I leave it on as something of a primer, which the balm texture allows for. I purchased in Japan for ~$6 so good price, but more expensive to import. Still cheaper than MAC though.

on 4/14/2012 10:48:00 PM

Probably the best lip balm I have used thus far. It's rather cheap (at around 7 usd) if you get friends going to Japan for holidays to buy it back for you. My chapped lips are healed the next day after I've applied it and it gives this soft shine look. Applied it before my Dior Addict Lipstick and the combination is great. DHC products have no added fragrance, preservatives, colour, etc, so it's so much better than having all kinds of weird chemicals into your system since you'll probably ingest some of the lips product. The only bad thing is that it gives this weird oily smell (no added fragrance to mask it up) after some time and I'll always have to replace this every 6 mths.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like DHC products and had been interested in trying out this product however, I was extremely disappointed!!! It has the consistency of dried candle wax and is probably the worse lip treatment I've ever used. In fact, it makes my lips feel very dry and not at all moisturized, worse than before I put some on my lips! I'm surprised DHC would make such a dismal product. I'll stick with my $1.25 Carmex!

Popular Lip Treatments