DHC Lip Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
DHC Lip Cream

3.7

I highly recommend this lip balm.
Its very creamy, not sticky, help my dry lip very well.
The packaging is great,the cap is strong. The bullet is shiny,great packaging and great quality too.
If it cost u only usd4 to 5, i highly recommend u try it.
In Japan its very cheap, its because not much product in the bullet.
Vaseline lip balm is a lot cheaper but the difference that you get is a lot too.
This dhc works. It moisture without make it so sticky. Very comfortable in the lip.
If u wear it at night, u won't notice it while sleeping because it's not that sticky, but when you wake up, your lip already so soft .
And of course, be careful of the fake one.
The original one will work on everyone, it's really moisturising, creamy, not sticky, not smelly.

It's a decent lip treatment and has some really good moisturizing ingredients, but also some that could be potentially problematic for certain sensitive individuals, like olive oil or phenoxyethanol (YMMV). The finish is a little on the glossy side, but not horribly artificial. Never tried it under a lipstick or lipgloss, so can't comment on how it performs in that area, but lip cream also can be applied liberally in multiple layers without a gross coat forming, like with some chap sticks can sometimes. There's no smell or taste to it either, which is a huge plus in my books. I'm just very used to using pure lanolin on my lips and lanolin is pure magic for my lips. The DHC just doesn't compare to the pure lanolin stuff, despite including a little lanolin and lanolin oil, and I have to apply DHC quite often to keep the moisturizing effect intact. So for me DHC doesn't offer anything over any other decent lip treatment (like Clinique, La Roche Posay or Biotherm), and DHC definitely doesn't approach my HG lip balm (Sisley) and doesn't perform as nice as lanolin. The packing is nice, though, no tube that can get grimy when carried around and it seems sturdy enough to survive a couple accidental falls.

on 4/3/2017 6:51:00 AM

Its the best.

on 3/16/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty good dupe for MAC prep + prime. At first I thought it was a fair performing balm but nothing to write home about. It is nourishing and moisturising but because of the soft waxy texture the good effects weren't as noticeable until the coating wore off to reveal nice soft lips. I used to wipe it off before applying lipstick but now I leave it on as something of a primer, which the balm texture allows for. I purchased in Japan for ~$6 so good price, but more expensive to import. Still cheaper than MAC though.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I bought this in Japan for around $6-7 at the drugstore. It gets high marks from cosme.net, which is similar to MUA in Japan, which is why I was interested in trying this out. This is the same brand infamous for their Deep Cleansing Oil.

I had this un-open and stored in a cool dark place for over a year before using it. By the time I opened it, it had a distinct rancid waxy smell, but I used it anyway. I can imagine that it was tasteless and odor-less when fresh. I'm not that picky, so I'm still midway of using it daily. I estimate it will last 2-3 months with frequent use. Heed reviews that it will start smelling funky around 6 months.

I would repurchase this again if I knew I would be able to use it fresh within 6 months of purchase.

PROS:
- sturdy packaging, elegant, good heft (metal and plastic), reminiscent of Clinique's Black Honey packaging
- more emollient on the lips than most "chapstick" type balms
- great as a lip treatment
- priced well for what you get
- fragrance free

CONS:
- fragrance free (LOL) This means there is no fragrance to make it scent-free
- must be low on preservatives, because this will start smelling like rancid oil in less than a year
- those allergic to lanolin should stay away

on 1/6/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. I've used all types of chapsticks, ranging from Burt's Bees, to Eos, Carmex, to generic brands. This definitely ranks as one of the top lip creams/balms that I've ever used. I loved that it was not super waxy (unlike Burt's Bees balms) and it STAYED on my lips. It's incredibly softening, and does wonders if you leave it on overnight. I also love that there is no smell. I'm personally a big fan of Eos lip balm, and I use it consistently. I think that this DHC lip cream definitely measures up, and ranks just barely under the Eos lip balms.

on 4/19/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this product on a whim, and upon opening the box I was immediately enthralled by the gorgeous packaging of this lip balm. I'll admit I'm a huge sucker for beautiful packaging, and so I couldn't wait to try the product out. However, I ended up being very disappointed.

The consistency is much like Burt's Bees Lip Balm, which I personally do not like, but I know that many people do. When i first put it on my lips, it was impossible to ignore the lip balm's unique taste, and not unique in a good way. It has the strangest odor I have smelled in a cosmetic product, and within seconds I also tasted a hint of metal which was very strange to me. I was eager to go home and look at the list of ingredients that would make this product so yellow in color, as well as the taste being so repulsive.

Turns out the main ingredient for the balm is lanolin oil. Lanolin is a chemical secreted by lambs and sheep to keep their wool water proof. I was quite put off by this finding, though I do know lanolin has many uses (one being to relieve dry lips).

Pros: nice packaging

Cons: expensive, tastes really bad, doesn't do a good job moisturizing

Overall, I do not like this product, I will not repurchase it, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with this lip balm that i have now. This purchase was very disappointing, especially because it was $10 for not that much balm (0.05 oz/1.5g).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A great lip balm. This makes your lips feel like butter. This has the same smooth, non sticky, silky texture at Nivea, Labello, & Soft Lips lip balms. This by far lasts longer on the lips than any of the above mentioned, which is why I would gladly pay full price for it. This could be a uni-sex product as it leaves a slight sheen to the lips but no color. There is a faint smell of petroleum jelly, but I could not smell it on my lips, only out of the tube. Lots of emollient ingredients in this balm, it really is like a treatment. It does not have a thick texture at all, however the beeswax in it gives it just enough texture to stick & stay on the lips, but this is still not sticky if that makes sense? Where as soft lips or nivea slide off within an hour, this one does not. I can eat & drink and this is still on my lips protecting them. This doesn't have spf but I'm wondering if the beeswax & other emollients would protect in the sun? I have not tested this myself. This really nourishes my lips, and I would really recommened for all lip types, especially dry & chapped. So soothing to the lips, glad I caved into this after years of being a DHC fan. So far the Deep cleansing oil & this are my 2 favorite products. Update June 2012, after having this for 6 months the petroleum smell is starting to come out of it, the product works the same but the smell stinks when first applying.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like DHC products and had been interested in trying out this product however, I was extremely disappointed!!! It has the consistency of dried candle wax and is probably the worse lip treatment I've ever used. In fact, it makes my lips feel very dry and not at all moisturized, worse than before I put some on my lips! I'm surprised DHC would make such a dismal product. I'll stick with my $1.25 Carmex!