DHC Lip Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
DHC Lip Cream

3.8

on 9/1/2016 12:26:00 PM

Wow! My lip was very chapped, just after a day of using this, it has completely healed!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my everyday essentials. Unlike most balms which don't do much or even actively dry out your lips (I'm looking at you, Carmex), this doesn't need constant reapplying - once or twice a day is enough. It is the most hydrating product I've found so far. It doesn't feel greasy and can be worn under lipstick. The very simple, organic smell of beeswax is a nice touch, as is the sleek packaging.

I only wish you could get it in shops in the UK! DHC only offers Fedex shipping, which is fast and reliable but expensive.

on 1/6/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. I've used all types of chapsticks, ranging from Burt's Bees, to Eos, Carmex, to generic brands. This definitely ranks as one of the top lip creams/balms that I've ever used. I loved that it was not super waxy (unlike Burt's Bees balms) and it STAYED on my lips. It's incredibly softening, and does wonders if you leave it on overnight. I also love that there is no smell. I'm personally a big fan of Eos lip balm, and I use it consistently. I think that this DHC lip cream definitely measures up, and ranks just barely under the Eos lip balms.

on 5/7/2013 2:44:00 AM

This is my favorite lip balm.

It literally removed those pesky dry, flaky skin on my lips OVERNIGHT. I was so surprised coz' this product was just given to me as a gift. Didn't expect much from it same way other lip balms disappointed me. I was like ok whatever...

But the next morning my whatever was wow! So soft, smooth and juicy kissable:)

Hurrah i finally find the right lip balm for me...

on 4/19/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this product on a whim, and upon opening the box I was immediately enthralled by the gorgeous packaging of this lip balm. I'll admit I'm a huge sucker for beautiful packaging, and so I couldn't wait to try the product out. However, I ended up being very disappointed.

The consistency is much like Burt's Bees Lip Balm, which I personally do not like, but I know that many people do. When i first put it on my lips, it was impossible to ignore the lip balm's unique taste, and not unique in a good way. It has the strangest odor I have smelled in a cosmetic product, and within seconds I also tasted a hint of metal which was very strange to me. I was eager to go home and look at the list of ingredients that would make this product so yellow in color, as well as the taste being so repulsive.

Turns out the main ingredient for the balm is lanolin oil. Lanolin is a chemical secreted by lambs and sheep to keep their wool water proof. I was quite put off by this finding, though I do know lanolin has many uses (one being to relieve dry lips).

Pros: nice packaging

Cons: expensive, tastes really bad, doesn't do a good job moisturizing

Overall, I do not like this product, I will not repurchase it, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with this lip balm that i have now. This purchase was very disappointing, especially because it was $10 for not that much balm (0.05 oz/1.5g).

on 7/30/2011 3:45:00 PM

It is a so-so product. It moisturizes your lip for an hour then you have to re-apply it. The down side is that there is a weird scent after you use it for a while. I do not like that weird scent. It smells like petroleum to me.

I won't re-buy it as I expect much more for it price. (about $10USD)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was honestly prepared to hate this product based on prior reviews. Anyways, I now realize how wrong I was. While it does feel a bit too heavy/greasy for daytime use it is fantastic before bedtime! My lips are soft, smooth, and incredibly supple in the morning. The only downside, as others have noted, is that you don't much product for the price (I paid $7.50 at an Asian market). I recommend this if you need a nighttime balm.

on 5/6/2009 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I picked up few tubes of this in Osaka without even knowing if it was good or not.. so i'm stuck~ Anyway. That certainly does sound like I dont like it that much. The moisturize of it is so-so. I do have to reapply quite often, like every 1 - 2 hours and it actually happens to dry out my lips sometimes (yeah I do talk a lot at work tho lol) This balm is pretty creamy, and feeling a bit heavy. The tube is kinda small and you really don't get much product for the price you paid for. On me, a tube last about 3 months maybe

on 8/6/2008 2:53:00 PM

actually i bought this one to make up the amount for free delivery at DHC official website, and it didnt work as good as i expect though..since i read tons recommendations for this lip cream; however, it didnt give me as much protection and moisturize as i expect..it works ok, but not excellent, will not buy it again

on 7/25/2008 12:59:00 PM

This is probably the best lip balm I have ever used - not the least bit greasy or waxy (for comparison, Chapstick and Burt's Bees are a bit waxy to me, Softlips Vaseline and Philosophy's Kiss Me are greasy, Clinique's superbalm is neither but is quite thick and glossy) and seems to interfere the least with lipgloss or lipstick application as far as changing the color or intensity of whatever I put on top - it doesn't "sheer out" lipsticks like some balms that sit on top of your lips will. It feels like it's really conditioning and moisturizing my lips, and no scent or taste is a plus, I like to use it at night sometimes for these reasons. Also the nicest packaging of a lipbalm I've ever seen - not cheap at all, much like a slim lipstick. The downside is the price - $7 a tube is a bit expensive (especially when you consider the amount - only .05oz per tube compared with .15oz for a more "normal" chapstick like Blistex or Burt's Bees which is way cheaper) and the only reason I even tried it is that it was on sale ($11 for two) and I order from DHC quite frequently. I like this enough that I will continue to purchase it though - I try not to use it up too quickly by mostly using it when I am wearing a more opaque lipstick or gloss since it works better than any other balm or treatment under other products, since most days I use balm like tints I don't use it too much. I also love lip products so I rotate it w/my other ones (Tendertones, Burt's Bees, Clinique superbalms) so I don't go through it so quickly.

Top Rated Lip Treatments