DHC Lip Cream

DHC Lip Cream

4.3

on 10/7/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is ultra moisturizing, unscented, and uber glossy. It's not the least bit sticky and has a nice slip to it. It kind of reminds me of a lighter 8 Hour Cream sans the rose smell. It comes in a thinner tube, which I prefer to regular bullet lipsticks. I don't know if lanolin is great for long term use, but I really like this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A great lip balm. This makes your lips feel like butter. This has the same smooth, non sticky, silky texture at Nivea, Labello, & Soft Lips lip balms. This by far lasts longer on the lips than any of the above mentioned, which is why I would gladly pay full price for it. This could be a uni-sex product as it leaves a slight sheen to the lips but no color. There is a faint smell of petroleum jelly, but I could not smell it on my lips, only out of the tube. Lots of emollient ingredients in this balm, it really is like a treatment. It does not have a thick texture at all, however the beeswax in it gives it just enough texture to stick & stay on the lips, but this is still not sticky if that makes sense? Where as soft lips or nivea slide off within an hour, this one does not. I can eat & drink and this is still on my lips protecting them. This doesn't have spf but I'm wondering if the beeswax & other emollients would protect in the sun? I have not tested this myself. This really nourishes my lips, and I would really recommened for all lip types, especially dry & chapped. So soothing to the lips, glad I caved into this after years of being a DHC fan. So far the Deep cleansing oil & this are my 2 favorite products. Update June 2012, after having this for 6 months the petroleum smell is starting to come out of it, the product works the same but the smell stinks when first applying.

on 4/6/2010 2:34:00 AM

Overall Review:
The packaging is nice & sweet looking to be carry around for touchup & such. Its easy to apply smooth gliding on lips and great to use as base on lipstick. For the price, its kinda steep to get to use in the day only as its isnt performing for night.

Day use: I would say its ok to be use for day use,very lightweight & mild but you need to re-apply frequently in the day. Since it would kinda absorb or dry up in a while.

Night use: Its not a suitable formula to be use for night as it can hardly last you till morning. I realised that my lips are dry up & wrinkled when i wake up in the morning. For night use a thicker formula would better as the application would have to see you thru from hours without re-applying.

on 7/25/2008 12:59:00 PM

This is probably the best lip balm I have ever used - not the least bit greasy or waxy (for comparison, Chapstick and Burt's Bees are a bit waxy to me, Softlips Vaseline and Philosophy's Kiss Me are greasy, Clinique's superbalm is neither but is quite thick and glossy) and seems to interfere the least with lipgloss or lipstick application as far as changing the color or intensity of whatever I put on top - it doesn't "sheer out" lipsticks like some balms that sit on top of your lips will. It feels like it's really conditioning and moisturizing my lips, and no scent or taste is a plus, I like to use it at night sometimes for these reasons. Also the nicest packaging of a lipbalm I've ever seen - not cheap at all, much like a slim lipstick. The downside is the price - $7 a tube is a bit expensive (especially when you consider the amount - only .05oz per tube compared with .15oz for a more "normal" chapstick like Blistex or Burt's Bees which is way cheaper) and the only reason I even tried it is that it was on sale ($11 for two) and I order from DHC quite frequently. I like this enough that I will continue to purchase it though - I try not to use it up too quickly by mostly using it when I am wearing a more opaque lipstick or gloss since it works better than any other balm or treatment under other products, since most days I use balm like tints I don't use it too much. I also love lip products so I rotate it w/my other ones (Tendertones, Burt's Bees, Clinique superbalms) so I don't go through it so quickly.

Top Rated Lip Treatments