DHC Lip Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
DHC Lip Cream

4.2

on 2/3/2018 6:41:00 AM

This is wonderful, its highly moisturising, emollient and long lasting. Love the tube packaging. Far better value than the Shiseido lip treatment. What would make this a winner is a bit of retinol. I've got the tinted, flavoured and plain versions and have purchased many times. Its best under lippie in AM and once after lunch, its all you need. Melts well and super smooth. Try it, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised, just as I was. Note its lanolin based but negligible fragrance.

on 4/3/2017 6:51:00 AM

Its the best.

on 9/1/2016 12:26:00 PM

Wow! My lip was very chapped, just after a day of using this, it has completely healed!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my everyday essentials. Unlike most balms which don't do much or even actively dry out your lips (I'm looking at you, Carmex), this doesn't need constant reapplying - once or twice a day is enough. It is the most hydrating product I've found so far. It doesn't feel greasy and can be worn under lipstick. The very simple, organic smell of beeswax is a nice touch, as is the sleek packaging.

I only wish you could get it in shops in the UK! DHC only offers Fedex shipping, which is fast and reliable but expensive.

This is my favorite overnight lip cream.

Top 5 reasons for loving it:
- It provides long-lasting stain-free hydration
- Itís fragrance-free and contains anti-aging ingredient
- It has a nice packaging
- It has the right name
- It is affordable

Check out full review and how to get it cheap at:
- http://bit.ly/dhcLipcream

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I bought this in Japan for around $6-7 at the drugstore. It gets high marks from cosme.net, which is similar to MUA in Japan, which is why I was interested in trying this out. This is the same brand infamous for their Deep Cleansing Oil.

I had this un-open and stored in a cool dark place for over a year before using it. By the time I opened it, it had a distinct rancid waxy smell, but I used it anyway. I can imagine that it was tasteless and odor-less when fresh. I'm not that picky, so I'm still midway of using it daily. I estimate it will last 2-3 months with frequent use. Heed reviews that it will start smelling funky around 6 months.

I would repurchase this again if I knew I would be able to use it fresh within 6 months of purchase.

PROS:
- sturdy packaging, elegant, good heft (metal and plastic), reminiscent of Clinique's Black Honey packaging
- more emollient on the lips than most "chapstick" type balms
- great as a lip treatment
- priced well for what you get
- fragrance free

CONS:
- fragrance free (LOL) This means there is no fragrance to make it scent-free
- must be low on preservatives, because this will start smelling like rancid oil in less than a year
- those allergic to lanolin should stay away

on 5/7/2013 2:44:00 AM

This is my favorite lip balm.

It literally removed those pesky dry, flaky skin on my lips OVERNIGHT. I was so surprised coz' this product was just given to me as a gift. Didn't expect much from it same way other lip balms disappointed me. I was like ok whatever...

But the next morning my whatever was wow! So soft, smooth and juicy kissable:)

Hurrah i finally find the right lip balm for me...

Things I like about this product:
- very sturdy, peach-colored twist-up container like a high-end lipstick; nice tactile feel to it
- good ability to moisturise lips
- slight sheen so can use under or over lipstick to give an extra gloss

Things I don't like:
- very strong odor of linseed oil. I think this is the smell people complain about.
- not much product for the price. I used my tube up in about 1.5 months of daily use. It's pretty expensive for a balm.
- diameter of product is relatively small (narrow column of balm) and the balm is rather soft, so if you twist too much up it will easily bend/break off.

I probably won't purchase again unless I could get a great sale price or something since it does about the same thing as vaseline, but it's a little more convenient in the twist up tube. (No need to use fingers to apply.) The linseed oil smell is also off-putting, although I did get used to it after a while and didn't notice the smell as much.

EDIT: I just checked the ingredients and it doesn't seem to include linseed oil. But that's what it smells like to me. So, Yes, there's an odor, but No, it's not linseed oil.

on 4/14/2012 10:48:00 PM

Probably the best lip balm I have used thus far. It's rather cheap (at around 7 usd) if you get friends going to Japan for holidays to buy it back for you. My chapped lips are healed the next day after I've applied it and it gives this soft shine look. Applied it before my Dior Addict Lipstick and the combination is great. DHC products have no added fragrance, preservatives, colour, etc, so it's so much better than having all kinds of weird chemicals into your system since you'll probably ingest some of the lips product. The only bad thing is that it gives this weird oily smell (no added fragrance to mask it up) after some time and I'll always have to replace this every 6 mths.

on 7/30/2011 3:45:00 PM

It is a so-so product. It moisturizes your lip for an hour then you have to re-apply it. The down side is that there is a weird scent after you use it for a while. I do not like that weird scent. It smells like petroleum to me.

I won't re-buy it as I expect much more for it price. (about $10USD)

Popular Lip Treatments