DHC Lip Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
DHC Lip Cream

4.1

It's a decent lip treatment and has some really good moisturizing ingredients, but also some that could be potentially problematic for certain sensitive individuals, like olive oil or phenoxyethanol (YMMV). The finish is a little on the glossy side, but not horribly artificial. Never tried it under a lipstick or lipgloss, so can't comment on how it performs in that area, but lip cream also can be applied liberally in multiple layers without a gross coat forming, like with some chap sticks can sometimes. There's no smell or taste to it either, which is a huge plus in my books. I'm just very used to using pure lanolin on my lips and lanolin is pure magic for my lips. The DHC just doesn't compare to the pure lanolin stuff, despite including a little lanolin and lanolin oil, and I have to apply DHC quite often to keep the moisturizing effect intact. So for me DHC doesn't offer anything over any other decent lip treatment (like Clinique, La Roche Posay or Biotherm), and DHC definitely doesn't approach my HG lip balm (Sisley) and doesn't perform as nice as lanolin. The packing is nice, though, no tube that can get grimy when carried around and it seems sturdy enough to survive a couple accidental falls.

on 2/3/2018 6:41:00 AM

This is wonderful, its highly moisturising, emollient and long lasting. Love the tube packaging. Far better value than the Shiseido lip treatment. What would make this a winner is a bit of retinol. I've got the tinted, flavoured and plain versions and have purchased many times. Its best under lippie in AM and once after lunch, its all you need. Melts well and super smooth. Try it, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised, just as I was. Note its lanolin based but negligible fragrance.

on 4/3/2017 6:51:00 AM

Its the best.

This is my favorite overnight lip cream.

Top 5 reasons for loving it:
- It provides long-lasting stain-free hydration
- It's fragrance-free and contains anti-aging ingredient
- It has a nice packaging
- It has the right name
- It is affordable

Check out full review and how to get it cheap at:
- http://bit.ly/dhcLipcream

Things I like about this product:
- very sturdy, peach-colored twist-up container like a high-end lipstick; nice tactile feel to it
- good ability to moisturise lips
- slight sheen so can use under or over lipstick to give an extra gloss

Things I don't like:
- very strong odor of linseed oil. I think this is the smell people complain about.
- not much product for the price. I used my tube up in about 1.5 months of daily use. It's pretty expensive for a balm.
- diameter of product is relatively small (narrow column of balm) and the balm is rather soft, so if you twist too much up it will easily bend/break off.

I probably won't purchase again unless I could get a great sale price or something since it does about the same thing as vaseline, but it's a little more convenient in the twist up tube. (No need to use fingers to apply.) The linseed oil smell is also off-putting, although I did get used to it after a while and didn't notice the smell as much.

EDIT: I just checked the ingredients and it doesn't seem to include linseed oil. But that's what it smells like to me. So, Yes, there's an odor, but No, it's not linseed oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A great lip balm. This makes your lips feel like butter. This has the same smooth, non sticky, silky texture at Nivea, Labello, & Soft Lips lip balms. This by far lasts longer on the lips than any of the above mentioned, which is why I would gladly pay full price for it. This could be a uni-sex product as it leaves a slight sheen to the lips but no color. There is a faint smell of petroleum jelly, but I could not smell it on my lips, only out of the tube. Lots of emollient ingredients in this balm, it really is like a treatment. It does not have a thick texture at all, however the beeswax in it gives it just enough texture to stick & stay on the lips, but this is still not sticky if that makes sense? Where as soft lips or nivea slide off within an hour, this one does not. I can eat & drink and this is still on my lips protecting them. This doesn't have spf but I'm wondering if the beeswax & other emollients would protect in the sun? I have not tested this myself. This really nourishes my lips, and I would really recommened for all lip types, especially dry & chapped. So soothing to the lips, glad I caved into this after years of being a DHC fan. So far the Deep cleansing oil & this are my 2 favorite products. Update June 2012, after having this for 6 months the petroleum smell is starting to come out of it, the product works the same but the smell stinks when first applying.

on 7/22/2011 2:05:00 AM

Wow, this is THE lip treatment for me. What a pleasant surprise. DHC had these on sale two for one, so I took a chance and ordered them - I'm so glad I did! I use lip treatment products a lot and have a stash of Lip Vitamins, Prevage, lip smackers, Burt's Bees, you name it. Then I started using DHC and boom! it's made my lips noticeably softer and smoother in just a week of use. Now I wake up with lips that feel plump and smooth and supple, and are silky like butter all the time!! No other product was doing that! It makes me feel younger - I love the small size and retro-pink color of the tubes.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is one of my all time favorite lip products. I go to school in upstate New York, in which winter is majority of the year, so this is one of my stables. Whenever I have cracked lips, I would apply this when I go to sleep, when I wake up, my lips will be healed. I definitely recommend this product for anyone who live in dry weather.

on 4/6/2010 2:34:00 AM

Overall Review:
The packaging is nice & sweet looking to be carry around for touchup & such. Its easy to apply smooth gliding on lips and great to use as base on lipstick. For the price, its kinda steep to get to use in the day only as its isnt performing for night.

Day use: I would say its ok to be use for day use,very lightweight & mild but you need to re-apply frequently in the day. Since it would kinda absorb or dry up in a while.

Night use: Its not a suitable formula to be use for night as it can hardly last you till morning. I realised that my lips are dry up & wrinkled when i wake up in the morning. For night use a thicker formula would better as the application would have to see you thru from hours without re-applying.

on 9/11/2008 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Creamy goodness on a stick. (・ω・ )
So delicious[in a visual way]! So moisturizing!
The tube is slimmer than a fatty jumbo sharpie and the cream is cut with a nice angle to it. If you're dramatic, you can look as if you're caressing your chin with some deep love and affection AND put on a lip balm at the same time. You just can't quite get that same gesticulation with a flat tip. I've never had the cream misalign with the tube or melt.
Awesome lawn, DHC. Mazel tov.

Top Rated Lip Treatments