DHC Lip Cream

3.9

on 4/3/2017 6:51:00 AM

Its the best.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best lip balms ever - it's a champ at hydrating and possibly the lightest lip balm formula I've ever used, since it doesn't even feel like I have anything on. It has a clear, waxy formula and smell but on your lips, it's really light and absorbs quickly. I've decided to make this my new priming lip balm before wearing matte lipsticks, it takes care of dry lips really well. Also the packaging is simple but secure, no danger of this losing its cap when it gets knocked around in a bag.

The only negative is that it's rather expensive for a clear lip balm. I got mine on discount in Japan, but I don't think I'd have bought it at full price. I'll probably buy another tube when I go back, though. That said, this is not an absolute necessity since my Nivea and other drugstore lip balms do just fine, but like I said, I'd love it as a priming balm for lipsticks.

on 9/1/2016 12:26:00 PM

Wow! My lip was very chapped, just after a day of using this, it has completely healed!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my everyday essentials. Unlike most balms which don't do much or even actively dry out your lips (I'm looking at you, Carmex), this doesn't need constant reapplying - once or twice a day is enough. It is the most hydrating product I've found so far. It doesn't feel greasy and can be worn under lipstick. The very simple, organic smell of beeswax is a nice touch, as is the sleek packaging.

I only wish you could get it in shops in the UK! DHC only offers Fedex shipping, which is fast and reliable but expensive.

This is my favorite overnight lip cream.

Top 5 reasons for loving it:
- It provides long-lasting stain-free hydration
- Its fragrance-free and contains anti-aging ingredient
- It has a nice packaging
- It has the right name
- It is affordable

Check out full review and how to get it cheap at:
- http://bit.ly/dhcLipcream

on 1/6/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. I've used all types of chapsticks, ranging from Burt's Bees, to Eos, Carmex, to generic brands. This definitely ranks as one of the top lip creams/balms that I've ever used. I loved that it was not super waxy (unlike Burt's Bees balms) and it STAYED on my lips. It's incredibly softening, and does wonders if you leave it on overnight. I also love that there is no smell. I'm personally a big fan of Eos lip balm, and I use it consistently. I think that this DHC lip cream definitely measures up, and ranks just barely under the Eos lip balms.

on 5/7/2013 2:44:00 AM

This is my favorite lip balm.

It literally removed those pesky dry, flaky skin on my lips OVERNIGHT. I was so surprised coz' this product was just given to me as a gift. Didn't expect much from it same way other lip balms disappointed me. I was like ok whatever...

But the next morning my whatever was wow! So soft, smooth and juicy kissable:)

Hurrah i finally find the right lip balm for me...

on 4/14/2012 10:48:00 PM

Probably the best lip balm I have used thus far. It's rather cheap (at around 7 usd) if you get friends going to Japan for holidays to buy it back for you. My chapped lips are healed the next day after I've applied it and it gives this soft shine look. Applied it before my Dior Addict Lipstick and the combination is great. DHC products have no added fragrance, preservatives, colour, etc, so it's so much better than having all kinds of weird chemicals into your system since you'll probably ingest some of the lips product. The only bad thing is that it gives this weird oily smell (no added fragrance to mask it up) after some time and I'll always have to replace this every 6 mths.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A great lip balm. This makes your lips feel like butter. This has the same smooth, non sticky, silky texture at Nivea, Labello, & Soft Lips lip balms. This by far lasts longer on the lips than any of the above mentioned, which is why I would gladly pay full price for it. This could be a uni-sex product as it leaves a slight sheen to the lips but no color. There is a faint smell of petroleum jelly, but I could not smell it on my lips, only out of the tube. Lots of emollient ingredients in this balm, it really is like a treatment. It does not have a thick texture at all, however the beeswax in it gives it just enough texture to stick & stay on the lips, but this is still not sticky if that makes sense? Where as soft lips or nivea slide off within an hour, this one does not. I can eat & drink and this is still on my lips protecting them. This doesn't have spf but I'm wondering if the beeswax & other emollients would protect in the sun? I have not tested this myself. This really nourishes my lips, and I would really recommened for all lip types, especially dry & chapped. So soothing to the lips, glad I caved into this after years of being a DHC fan. So far the Deep cleansing oil & this are my 2 favorite products. Update June 2012, after having this for 6 months the petroleum smell is starting to come out of it, the product works the same but the smell stinks when first applying.

on 7/22/2011 2:05:00 AM

Wow, this is THE lip treatment for me. What a pleasant surprise. DHC had these on sale two for one, so I took a chance and ordered them - I'm so glad I did! I use lip treatment products a lot and have a stash of Lip Vitamins, Prevage, lip smackers, Burt's Bees, you name it. Then I started using DHC and boom! it's made my lips noticeably softer and smoother in just a week of use. Now I wake up with lips that feel plump and smooth and supple, and are silky like butter all the time!! No other product was doing that! It makes me feel younger - I love the small size and retro-pink color of the tubes.