DHC Lip Cream

DHC Lip Cream

3.9

I love the sleek packaging of this lip balm (it's a long, narrow tube similar to Laura Mercier Lip Kisses), it feels nice going on and has a slightly glossy finish, but it really doesn't do much to moisturize my lips. For dry lips, I have better luck with Alba coconut cream balm or Carmex, so I probably won't repurchase Lip Cream.

on 4/23/2007 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Relatively decent lip balm, but too many things I don't like about it. 1) It wears off the lips pretty fast. 2) The tube only lasts a few weeks and for $7 I'd expect months of use. 3) The slanted tube is cute but awkward; when you twist up the product, the "slant" of the lip balm doesn't line up with the "slant" of the tube so it makes it a bit difficult to apply. 4) It gets all melty in my pocket so when you get to the end of the tube and try to apply it, it falls out of the tube. Will not repurchase. I'm sticking with my HG mark Kiss Therapy. One little $5 pot lasts almost 1 year!

I actually really like this lip cream. Other reviewers didn't seem to like it too much, but I've found it's good. It's really shiny for me, almost like a lip gloss. It has that shiny effect of Vaseline! It does wear off quickly, but that's a common problem with lip products. I find it's a really good base for lip gloss. The only downside for me on this product is the tube. My mom uses this stuff and got me hooked on keeping it in my drawer, but I always seem to mess it up somehow. It has a slanted tip, and a slanted tube. It looks really nice, but as another reviewer said, it's not as great as it looks. First of all, if I press on my lips too hard (and keep in mind I'm not trying to push this stuff into my lips or something, just trying to get it on) it falls over the metal slant, and then the whole top of the cream in the tube is useless, or you have push it back into place, after which it never feels or works the same. I can't say much about the melting of it as one reviewer said. I've never taken it outside of the house and only use it at night since it doesn't have an SPF. Overall I think it's good, but I don't really think for $7 it's all that great. It's not one of DHC's finest products, but I still use it at night until I find something else that works well but doesn't have a bunch of fillers in it.

on 6/27/2007 2:31:00 PM

I really like this lip moisturizer. It moisturizes my lips exceptionally well, has good staying power and I really love the packaging. You do get a lot more product for the price if you get Carmex or even Smith's Rosebud Salve, but DHC works best for me.

on 5/6/2008 5:28:00 AM

This is the very famous DHC Lip Cream thats always ranked about no.1 at Cosme.net. I finally got round to purchasing one myself and it didnt cost me much money, about US$8 maybe.

I bought it in Tokyo and it was Springtime.. the air was very dry and the winds were cold and my lips were cracking apart. On first application it didnt feel at all impressive. Just your regular lipbalm feeling. Nothing unusual. Was about to lose hope but i still put it on the night before i slept, but the next morning the DHC had healed my cracks! It sure doesnt feel or look like anything special but the point of it, and why its probably so famous is that it actually works and is not some prettily packaged gimmick.

Back in Singapore where the weather is hellishly hot and we're all sweating like pigs, DHC grew uncomfortable to use because its so thick and quite heavy. Not to mention my stick has become softer due to the higher temperatures. In Singapore i prefer to use a chapstick that has abit of a cool tingly sensation, so in conclusion i would only use this product in the situation of dry weather.

I actually like the packaging - its a glossy plastic apricot colored lipstick-type twist out container - nothing flimsy, and very sturdy. Ive seen some girls in Japan pimping their DHC Lip Cream by adding on stick on jewels. A cult item there for sure.

edit: i suspect the girls here and i are refering to different products, so heres a pic of mine - click continued.

continued >>

on 7/9/2008 9:19:00 PM

This lip cream seriously deserves a much higher raving than this!
I got my pal to buy for me from HK since we do not have DHC here in Singapore (what a mortal sin!). I am on a lip product craze lately.

It is so different from the many lip balm I used to own! It glides on my lips really well and has a very shimmery sheen to it! my lips looks so watery and moist.

But the magical part is that despite its moistness, it does not interfer with my lipstick which I put on after that. Most lip balm would make my lipstick runny and I have to apply more coats to make the colour show up better, but for this DHC Lip cream, it seems to work like a lip primer, and the colour of my lipstick shows really well with just one coat! the beautiful part is that the lip cream add a sheen to the lipstick that I do not need to add a gloss after that.

I have found yet another winner from DHC! I love DHC!

on 7/25/2008 12:59:00 PM

This is probably the best lip balm I have ever used - not the least bit greasy or waxy (for comparison, Chapstick and Burt's Bees are a bit waxy to me, Softlips Vaseline and Philosophy's Kiss Me are greasy, Clinique's superbalm is neither but is quite thick and glossy) and seems to interfere the least with lipgloss or lipstick application as far as changing the color or intensity of whatever I put on top - it doesn't "sheer out" lipsticks like some balms that sit on top of your lips will. It feels like it's really conditioning and moisturizing my lips, and no scent or taste is a plus, I like to use it at night sometimes for these reasons. Also the nicest packaging of a lipbalm I've ever seen - not cheap at all, much like a slim lipstick. The downside is the price - $7 a tube is a bit expensive (especially when you consider the amount - only .05oz per tube compared with .15oz for a more "normal" chapstick like Blistex or Burt's Bees which is way cheaper) and the only reason I even tried it is that it was on sale ($11 for two) and I order from DHC quite frequently. I like this enough that I will continue to purchase it though - I try not to use it up too quickly by mostly using it when I am wearing a more opaque lipstick or gloss since it works better than any other balm or treatment under other products, since most days I use balm like tints I don't use it too much. I also love lip products so I rotate it w/my other ones (Tendertones, Burt's Bees, Clinique superbalms) so I don't go through it so quickly.

on 8/6/2008 2:53:00 PM

actually i bought this one to make up the amount for free delivery at DHC official website, and it didnt work as good as i expect though..since i read tons recommendations for this lip cream; however, it didnt give me as much protection and moisturize as i expect..it works ok, but not excellent, will not buy it again

on 8/8/2008 9:29:00 PM

This moisturizes ok, but has the consistency of petroleum jelly and if it gets a little warm it will melt. Also, for $7 you do not get much product at all. I've literally only used it twice a day (once in a.m., and again at night) for 3 weeks now and I'm already scraping the last bit out of the bottom of the tube. Save your money and try a different product.

on 9/11/2008 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Creamy goodness on a stick. (・ω・ )
So delicious[in a visual way]! So moisturizing!
The tube is slimmer than a fatty jumbo sharpie and the cream is cut with a nice angle to it. If you're dramatic, you can look as if you're caressing your chin with some deep love and affection AND put on a lip balm at the same time. You just can't quite get that same gesticulation with a flat tip. I've never had the cream misalign with the tube or melt.
Awesome lawn, DHC. Mazel tov.