63%
package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

The only lip balm that works for me. I have very dry lips and this lip balm keeps my lips moist

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

EyesOther

a year ago

This is a good hydrating lip balm especially for night. Packaging tube is secure and simple--no loose cap problems. The softness of the balm makes it used up quickly and the other drawback is there is no SPF.

About reviewer (733 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

a year ago

A lip balm that actually works! I have own several lip balms before but those seem to dry out my lips even more. This however, moisturises and is a godsend for my lips in the colder months. Only downside is that there's really not much product in it, but I tend to lose my lip balms before I can finish them anyway so this does not bother me. Highly recommend this!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

from

a year ago

The only (non-SPF, overnight) lip balms that work for me are ones with lanolin in it. This has two types, lanolin oil, which is a derivative, and lanolin itself. In terms of its efficacy, it's great. I used the Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm (in the tin) before switching to this. The PC product has lanolin and has a long ingredients list that is more impressive than the relatively simple ingredients list of the DHC product. However, the PC product is quite cumbersome to use, since it's in a tin, and it's not exactly hygienic. The DHC lip cream is more viscous and 'buttery' than the PC product when applied. I don't like using this in the daytime because it's overly glossy (thanks to the olive oil), and there's no SPF, so I use this at night. It's not exactly cheap, though - it goes for an average of $10 per pop and you'll run through it relatively quickly because there's not much product in it... it'll add up over time. So is it worth it? If you want a lanolin-based lip balm in stick form and don't want to put plain old nipple cream on your lips, then sure. I'll be sticking to this one for that reason alone. On a separate note, it's weird when people give lip balms a bad review because their balms did nothing to help their 'parched and cracked' lips. You'd think they'd have some common sense and apply a hydrating layer on their lips first - perhaps a little hyaluronic acid - before then going over with a layer of lip balm. It's not the lip balm's fault that you don't understand how hydration works.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

I highly recommend this lip balm. Its very creamy, not sticky, help my dry lip very well. The packaging is great,the cap is strong. The bullet is shiny,great packaging and great quality too. If it cost u only usd4 to 5, i highly recommend u try it. In Japan its very cheap, its because not much product in the bullet. Vaseline lip balm is a lot cheaper but the difference that you get is a lot too. This dhc works. It moisture without make it so sticky. Very comfortable in the lip. If u wear it at night, u won't notice it while sleeping because it's not that sticky, but when you wake up, your lip already so soft . And of course, be careful of the fake one. The original one will work on everyone, it's really moisturising, creamy, not sticky, not smelly.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

It's a decent lip treatment and has some really good moisturizing ingredients, but also some that could be potentially problematic for certain sensitive individuals, like olive oil or phenoxyethanol (YMMV). The finish is a little on the glossy side, but not horribly artificial. Never tried it under a lipstick or lipgloss, so can't comment on how it performs in that area, but lip cream also can be applied liberally in multiple layers without a gross coat forming, like with some chap sticks can sometimes. There's no smell or taste to it either, which is a huge plus in my books. I'm just very used to using pure lanolin on my lips and lanolin is pure magic for my lips. The DHC just doesn't compare to the pure lanolin stuff, despite including a little lanolin and lanolin oil, and I have to apply DHC quite often to keep the moisturizing effect intact. So for me DHC doesn't offer anything over any other decent lip treatment (like Clinique, La Roche Posay or Biotherm), and DHC definitely doesn't approach my HG lip balm (Sisley) and doesn't perform as nice as lanolin. The packing is nice, though, no tube that can get grimy when carried around and it seems sturdy enough to survive a couple accidental falls.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is wonderful, its highly moisturising, emollient and long lasting. Love the tube packaging. Far better value than the Shiseido lip treatment. What would make this a winner is a bit of retinol. I've got the tinted, flavoured and plain versions and have purchased many times. Its best under lippie in AM and once after lunch, its all you need. Melts well and super smooth. Try it, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised, just as I was. Note its lanolin based but negligible fragrance.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

This is ultra moisturizing, unscented, and uber glossy. It's not the least bit sticky and has a nice slip to it. It kind of reminds me of a lighter 8 Hour Cream sans the rose smell. It comes in a thinner tube, which I prefer to regular bullet lipsticks. I don't know if lanolin is great for long term use, but I really like this stuff.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Its the best.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

One of the best lip balms ever - it's a champ at hydrating and possibly the lightest lip balm formula I've ever used, since it doesn't even feel like I have anything on. It has a clear, waxy formula and smell but on your lips, it's really light and absorbs quickly. I've decided to make this my new priming lip balm before wearing matte lipsticks, it takes care of dry lips really well. Also the packaging is simple but secure, no danger of this losing its cap when it gets knocked around in a bag. The only negative is that it's rather expensive for a clear lip balm. I got mine on discount in Japan, but I don't think I'd have bought it at full price. I'll probably buy another tube when I go back, though. That said, this is not an absolute necessity since my Nivea and other drugstore lip balms do just fine, but like I said, I'd love it as a priming balm for lipsticks.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan