DHC Lip Cream

Filtered by age: 44-55
DHC Lip Cream

4.5

Things I like about this product:
- very sturdy, peach-colored twist-up container like a high-end lipstick; nice tactile feel to it
- good ability to moisturise lips
- slight sheen so can use under or over lipstick to give an extra gloss

Things I don't like:
- very strong odor of linseed oil. I think this is the smell people complain about.
- not much product for the price. I used my tube up in about 1.5 months of daily use. It's pretty expensive for a balm.
- diameter of product is relatively small (narrow column of balm) and the balm is rather soft, so if you twist too much up it will easily bend/break off.

I probably won't purchase again unless I could get a great sale price or something since it does about the same thing as vaseline, but it's a little more convenient in the twist up tube. (No need to use fingers to apply.) The linseed oil smell is also off-putting, although I did get used to it after a while and didn't notice the smell as much.

EDIT: I just checked the ingredients and it doesn't seem to include linseed oil. But that's what it smells like to me. So, Yes, there's an odor, but No, it's not linseed oil.

on 7/22/2011 2:05:00 AM

Wow, this is THE lip treatment for me. What a pleasant surprise. DHC had these on sale two for one, so I took a chance and ordered them - I'm so glad I did! I use lip treatment products a lot and have a stash of Lip Vitamins, Prevage, lip smackers, Burt's Bees, you name it. Then I started using DHC and boom! it's made my lips noticeably softer and smoother in just a week of use. Now I wake up with lips that feel plump and smooth and supple, and are silky like butter all the time!! No other product was doing that! It makes me feel younger - I love the small size and retro-pink color of the tubes.