DHC Lip Cream

Filtered by age: 19-24
DHC Lip Cream

4.3

on 9/1/2016 12:26:00 PM

Wow! My lip was very chapped, just after a day of using this, it has completely healed!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my everyday essentials. Unlike most balms which don't do much or even actively dry out your lips (I'm looking at you, Carmex), this doesn't need constant reapplying - once or twice a day is enough. It is the most hydrating product I've found so far. It doesn't feel greasy and can be worn under lipstick. The very simple, organic smell of beeswax is a nice touch, as is the sleek packaging.

I only wish you could get it in shops in the UK! DHC only offers Fedex shipping, which is fast and reliable but expensive.

on 1/6/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. I've used all types of chapsticks, ranging from Burt's Bees, to Eos, Carmex, to generic brands. This definitely ranks as one of the top lip creams/balms that I've ever used. I loved that it was not super waxy (unlike Burt's Bees balms) and it STAYED on my lips. It's incredibly softening, and does wonders if you leave it on overnight. I also love that there is no smell. I'm personally a big fan of Eos lip balm, and I use it consistently. I think that this DHC lip cream definitely measures up, and ranks just barely under the Eos lip balms.

on 7/30/2011 3:45:00 PM

It is a so-so product. It moisturizes your lip for an hour then you have to re-apply it. The down side is that there is a weird scent after you use it for a while. I do not like that weird scent. It smells like petroleum to me.

I won't re-buy it as I expect much more for it price. (about $10USD)

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is one of my all time favorite lip products. I go to school in upstate New York, in which winter is majority of the year, so this is one of my stables. Whenever I have cracked lips, I would apply this when I go to sleep, when I wake up, my lips will be healed. I definitely recommend this product for anyone who live in dry weather.

on 8/6/2008 2:53:00 PM

actually i bought this one to make up the amount for free delivery at DHC official website, and it didnt work as good as i expect though..since i read tons recommendations for this lip cream; however, it didnt give me as much protection and moisturize as i expect..it works ok, but not excellent, will not buy it again

on 5/6/2008 5:28:00 AM

This is the very famous DHC Lip Cream thats always ranked about no.1 at Cosme.net. I finally got round to purchasing one myself and it didnt cost me much money, about US$8 maybe.

I bought it in Tokyo and it was Springtime.. the air was very dry and the winds were cold and my lips were cracking apart. On first application it didnt feel at all impressive. Just your regular lipbalm feeling. Nothing unusual. Was about to lose hope but i still put it on the night before i slept, but the next morning the DHC had healed my cracks! It sure doesnt feel or look like anything special but the point of it, and why its probably so famous is that it actually works and is not some prettily packaged gimmick.

Back in Singapore where the weather is hellishly hot and we're all sweating like pigs, DHC grew uncomfortable to use because its so thick and quite heavy. Not to mention my stick has become softer due to the higher temperatures. In Singapore i prefer to use a chapstick that has abit of a cool tingly sensation, so in conclusion i would only use this product in the situation of dry weather.

I actually like the packaging - its a glossy plastic apricot colored lipstick-type twist out container - nothing flimsy, and very sturdy. Ive seen some girls in Japan pimping their DHC Lip Cream by adding on stick on jewels. A cult item there for sure.

edit: i suspect the girls here and i are refering to different products, so heres a pic of mine - click continued.

continued >>

I actually really like this lip cream. Other reviewers didn't seem to like it too much, but I've found it's good. It's really shiny for me, almost like a lip gloss. It has that shiny effect of Vaseline! It does wear off quickly, but that's a common problem with lip products. I find it's a really good base for lip gloss. The only downside for me on this product is the tube. My mom uses this stuff and got me hooked on keeping it in my drawer, but I always seem to mess it up somehow. It has a slanted tip, and a slanted tube. It looks really nice, but as another reviewer said, it's not as great as it looks. First of all, if I press on my lips too hard (and keep in mind I'm not trying to push this stuff into my lips or something, just trying to get it on) it falls over the metal slant, and then the whole top of the cream in the tube is useless, or you have push it back into place, after which it never feels or works the same. I can't say much about the melting of it as one reviewer said. I've never taken it outside of the house and only use it at night since it doesn't have an SPF. Overall I think it's good, but I don't really think for $7 it's all that great. It's not one of DHC's finest products, but I still use it at night until I find something else that works well but doesn't have a bunch of fillers in it.

Popular Lip Treatments