DHC Lip Cream

DHC Lip Cream

2.5

on 4/19/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this product on a whim, and upon opening the box I was immediately enthralled by the gorgeous packaging of this lip balm. I'll admit I'm a huge sucker for beautiful packaging, and so I couldn't wait to try the product out. However, I ended up being very disappointed.

The consistency is much like Burt's Bees Lip Balm, which I personally do not like, but I know that many people do. When i first put it on my lips, it was impossible to ignore the lip balm's unique taste, and not unique in a good way. It has the strangest odor I have smelled in a cosmetic product, and within seconds I also tasted a hint of metal which was very strange to me. I was eager to go home and look at the list of ingredients that would make this product so yellow in color, as well as the taste being so repulsive.

Turns out the main ingredient for the balm is lanolin oil. Lanolin is a chemical secreted by lambs and sheep to keep their wool water proof. I was quite put off by this finding, though I do know lanolin has many uses (one being to relieve dry lips).

Pros: nice packaging

Cons: expensive, tastes really bad, doesn't do a good job moisturizing

Overall, I do not like this product, I will not repurchase it, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with this lip balm that i have now. This purchase was very disappointing, especially because it was $10 for not that much balm (0.05 oz/1.5g).

on 9/11/2008 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Creamy goodness on a stick. (・ω・ )
So delicious[in a visual way]! So moisturizing!
The tube is slimmer than a fatty jumbo sharpie and the cream is cut with a nice angle to it. If you're dramatic, you can look as if you're caressing your chin with some deep love and affection AND put on a lip balm at the same time. You just can't quite get that same gesticulation with a flat tip. I've never had the cream misalign with the tube or melt.
Awesome lawn, DHC. Mazel tov.